*Author

Offline ShrinkTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink ~ Teach Me How to Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37127.msg469505#msg469505
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:57 am »
Looks pretty solid.

My thoughts :

The motion seems too stiff, as if the pose was intentionally done for a camera. Try to relax her a bit and make it look like she just slashed an opponent with a sword.
Her back leg (the right one) should be on the ground as well so she gives the impression of landing - right now it feels like she's skipping casually (which might also be a side effect of the stiff pose.)
Her hair should be long and in a ponytail that is whipping outwards, to emphasize the fact she's landing from an aerial attack.
I think the fluidity will start to set in when I add finer details. Also, I wasn't actually aware that she was on the ground X] but that definitely helps, so I can fix the leg.

Other than that, this was just to give you an idea of how I was approaching your idea, so thanks for the feedback.
Doctor Death

• Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink ~ Teach Me How to Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37127.msg471724#msg471724
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 05:28:09 pm »
So, I worked for much of the day on how to approach the figure to make it look as if she was moving. A quick sketch has been put into the OP.
Doctor Death

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shrink ~ Teach Me How to Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37127.msg472102#msg472102
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »
The only thing I think that might need to be changed is that the hair should be a little longer and more 'flowy'.

Otherwise, looks ready for detaling. :)

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Shrink ~ Teach Me How to Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37127.msg472228#msg472228
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 05:59:54 am »
Check your proportions closely on the legs, hips and elbows. Also, check the position of the ear.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Re: Shrink ~ Teach Me How to Art https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37127.msg472249#msg472249
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 08:40:42 am »
Check your proportions closely on the legs, hips and elbows. Also, check the position of the ear.
Thanks ^^ I've had a difficult time learning how to draw the female figure. Everything always seems.. off
Doctor Death

anything
blarg: