*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg235147#msg235147
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:29:26 am »
Currently Desperate Ally is in the crucible, but I don't really like the art for it.  Is anyone willing to draw a more detalied and better looking image?

Card at http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17833.0.html

I want desperate ally to look as if he's fighting someone (preferably outnumbering him), hence the "Desperate" in his title.

Place: Crucible

Thanks for reading, art would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Krava

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Krava is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg235463#msg235463
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 10:57:22 am »
Here, i sketched something that looks like some allies...

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg235591#msg235591
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »
I suppose I should've been more specific.  I want desperate ally to look as if he's fighting someone (preferably outnumbering him), hence the "Desperate" in his title.

Thanks anyway thought. :)

Offline Krava

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Krava is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg235816#msg235816
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:29:22 pm »
Ahh, yes.. i see...

Your card name is bit...misleading...

Also read how to request art post made by Vrt...

Maybe they are after him while he prays :)

• Legendary Member
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg235818#msg235818
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:42 pm »
Ahh, yes.. i see...

Your card name is bit...misleading...

Also read how to request art post made by Vrt...
Updated my original request as accordingly.

Boret

Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg236530#msg236530
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:47:33 pm »
So if I understand, you basically want a drawing of your main character in a fighting pose, while being outnumbered by enemies? I just thought of something like this:

It's just a sketchy WIP, and about it:
- it's supposed to be sort of a coliseum where your main guy would be a the center, surrounded and fighting his enemies
- character & creatures were imported, I only created environment
- the whole thing needs texturing (that's why it's all grey).
- also, I think something is needed between the two big doors, but I have no idea about what to put in there.

If you like the concept, I'll think of what I can do to finish the job.

• Legendary Member
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg236581#msg236581
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 10:28:23 pm »
So if I understand, you basically want a drawing of your main character in a fighting pose, while being outnumbered by enemies? I just thought of something like this:

It's just a sketchy WIP, and about it:
- it's supposed to be sort of a coliseum where your main guy would be a the center, surrounded and fighting his enemies
- character & creatures were imported, I only created environment
- the whole thing needs texturing (that's why it's all grey).
- also, I think something is needed between the two big doors, but I have no idea about what to put in there.

If you like the concept, I'll think of what I can do to finish the job.
This definitley fits the card. Can you also do a closeup of one of the creatures he has fighting as the Combatant (on the same page as Desperate Ally)? And give the guy a sword, preferably one with a green handguard like the previous art used if possible. Thanks.

Boret

Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg236930#msg236930
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 09:27:41 am »
Ok, but just so you know, I placed this character & creatures only for illustration purposes (sou you could figure out what I'm preparing). I think your Combatants should be humanoids, unless you want to keep these little pets (but then I'd change the name). And same for main guy: it's just an imported model, but I still need to create a charac. with some fighting pose + the sword.

Also, you want a close-up for the Combatant card art?

• Legendary Member
Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg237134#msg237134
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 04:28:05 pm »
Ok, but just so you know, I placed this character & creatures only for illustration purposes (sou you could figure out what I'm preparing). I think your Combatants should be humanoids, unless you want to keep these little pets (but then I'd change the name). And same for main guy: it's just an imported model, but I still need to create a charac. with some fighting pose + the sword.

Also, you want a close-up for the Combatant card art?
I'm perfectly fine if you want the Combatant to be Humanoid, and I will probably need a close up of one of them for the actual Combatant card. I actually like the main guy's design though, try to keep him similar to that model.

Boret

Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg239885#msg239885
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 12:04:08 am »
Erf, I began creating the main character without seeing your message about the design, anyway, I though since it's in a coliseum, an antiquity-style warrior would suit this better, so here is what I did so far. It's still not finished, (missing armor parts + eyeballs), but the WIP look like this:

I'll keep you updated when progresses are made

Flayne

Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg240945#msg240945
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 12:43:03 pm »
Erf, I began creating the main character without seeing your message about the design, anyway, I though since it's in a coliseum, an antiquity-style warrior would suit this better, so here is what I did so far. It's still not finished, (missing armor parts + eyeballs), but the WIP look like this:

I'll keep you updated when progresses are made
Nice stuff, what program are u using?

Boret

Re: Requesting Art for Desperate Ally https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18480.msg241022#msg241022
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »
Thanks man :)
This was done in ZBrush, but I use ZBrush only to create models (it's a 3D Sculpting software). So apart from unfinished parts, the actual render (in the coliseum with all the things) is yet to be made. After the render, slight images adjustments are made in Photoshop (lightning, ambiance, etc...), and if you want you can check how a final render looks like at my gallery (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18400.0.html) (see robot, :life Temple, or Entangled Roots art in the last 2 spoilers)

Also ZBlader, is this guy ok for you?

anything
blarg: