*Author

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull [confirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193562#msg193562
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »
So it appears that when using a creature with the Vampire ability against a creature wielding Gravity Pull (i.e. Chimera or Armagio), the results of what happens are different for each player.  For example:

Is what appears for the person being damaged by the Vampire, while this is what appears for the person inflicting the damage (I'm aware there's a desync in place here, but I've tested the Gravity Pull effect myself to confirm that HP is healed when this occurs):

Before:
(http://imageplay.net/img/m7Gbd101586/gpvampbefore.bmp)

After:
(http://imageplay.net/img/m7Gbd101593/gpvampafter.bmp)

This is one of the most infuriating bugs I might have encountered thus far, and as has been demonstrated during a recent war match, this is an incredible annoyance for players taking part in PvP.

EDIT:  Sorry guys, the first pictures I posted were incorrect.  Fixed now.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

QuantumT

Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193582#msg193582
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:34:27 pm »
This is a bug that needs to be resolved ASAP.

If I had to guess, I would think that the vamps are supposed to heal, and not doing so is the glitch. I'm saying this because a vampire can suck the life out of a creature just as much as a player (flavorwise). I'm biased though because of my war match. :P

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193584#msg193584
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
This is a bug that needs to be resolved ASAP.

If I had to guess, I would think that the vamps are supposed to heal, and not doing so is the glitch. I'm saying this because a vampire can suck the life out of a creature just as much as a player (flavorwise). I'm biased though because of my war match. :P
Flvorwise, I agree. I'm not biased, because I actually wanted you to lose (hey, don't blame me, everybody hates the team in first place!)
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline catalyzeme

• Reputation Power: 0
  • catalyzeme is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193604#msg193604
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:06 pm »
What does it do against AI? I don't remember Vampires ever healing from Grav Pull. The behavior against AI should represent the intended and "true" behavior, I imagine. Has anyone tested this in PVP1 or PVP2? Does this problem occur without a desync?

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193633#msg193633
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:17 pm »
What does it do against AI? I don't remember Vampires ever healing from Grav Pull. The behavior against AI should represent the intended and "true" behavior, I imagine. Has anyone tested this in PVP1 or PVP2? Does this problem occur without a desync?
Yes this occurs without a desync as I pointed out in the notes concerning the desync issue.  I just tested this against the AI; it heals +0 on your end when it attacks your Gravity Pulled creatures.  When the position is switched, however, you heal yourself whenever you attack the AI's Gravity Pulled creatures.  And this should be the same for PVP1 and 2 if this is observed in PVP Duel.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193804#msg193804
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:09:09 am »
I have no idea what the card creator intended originally.  But for my 2 cents, a vampire that does hp damage should return hp to the owner irrespective of who/what it is damaging.  So if it damages an armagio, that is still hp damage.  Hitting a bonewall or other shield is not hp damage, and therefore no hp returned to owner.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline catalyzeme

• Reputation Power: 0
  • catalyzeme is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193824#msg193824
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 02:34:43 am »
I wasn't sure by your original post if you meant it happens only during desync or not. If it's only during desync, then I am not sure it's a huge issue. Lots of weird stuff happens during desync, and this is pretty specific. It's very bizarre if desyncing changes the way it registers, though.

On a somewhat off topic note, I like that Gravity Pull prevents healing, even if it doesn't necessarily make sense. Gravity Pulled creatures also don't receive poison from Puffer Fish, right? I think using it as a shield that prevents ability activation on a hit is good for the game (even if it makes less sense), and I'm speaking as someone that never uses Gravity Pull.

QuantumT

Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193836#msg193836
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:44:35 am »
I wasn't sure by your original post if you meant it happens only during desync or not. If it's only during desync, then I am not sure it's a huge issue. Lots of weird stuff happens during desync, and this is pretty specific. It's very bizarre if desyncing changes the way it registers, though.
What he was saying is that  while a desync symbol on the screen, the behavior is not related to desyncs. It just happens to be that it came up when we were testing, but it happens independently of that.

On a somewhat off topic note, I like that Gravity Pull prevents healing, even if it doesn't necessarily make sense. Gravity Pulled creatures also don't receive poison from Puffer Fish, right? I think using it as a shield that prevents ability activation on a hit is good for the game (even if it makes less sense), and I'm speaking as someone that never uses Gravity Pull.
If you wanted, you could differentiate poison from infection by saying that what is harmful to a creature (infection) and what is harmful to an elemental (poison) are different.

However, what's much more important is that it's consistent.

Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg193873#msg193873
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 03:29:36 am »
ZOMG! A dysync error! Maybe that was it?

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Vampire Ability Against Gravity Pull https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=15162.msg196001#msg196001
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 08:51:00 pm »
Once, I played a FractaVourer deck against a Flying Gravity Pulled Titan deck.

Vampires were giving me health.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

anything
blarg: