*Author

Kartsa

Leaf Dragon + Shard of Readiness [Not a Bug] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21187.msg270762#msg270762
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »
As ye vets should know, Leaf Dragons have activated skill
"Photosyntesis: :light
Gain :life :life . This skill can be used multiple times per turn."

Quite simple enough.

Shard of Readiness on the other hand says
"The target creature's skill cost is now zero"

This would result in endless  :life quantum, yes?

However, when I realized the potential this had, and applied this in practise just to test if it would work, my leaf dragon reacted rathed peculiar way.

After introducing the Shard, I could use the now zero costing skill only once per turn, even tho the "card" still had it's function text on it.

I believe Rustlers react the same way.

Bug or Feature?

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Leaf Dragon + Shard of Readiness [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21187.msg270765#msg270765
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »
Not a bug; merely a feature.

Getting infinite amounts of :life quanta is just too game-breaking, so SoR'ed Photosynthesis can only be used once per turn.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Leaf Dragon + Shard of Readiness [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21187.msg270766#msg270766
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »
Feature.  It's to prevent people from generating an infinite amount of :life quanta, as you said.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Kartsa

Re: Leaf Dragon + Shard of Readiness [Feature] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21187.msg270767#msg270767
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:47:35 pm »
This however means that the shards can be used to lock up enemy Rustlers and Leaf Dragons, if there is nothing better availible, so they cannot channel quanta. Desperate measures, tho.

bewe

Re: Leaf Dragon + Shard of Readiness [Not a Bug] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21187.msg305880#msg305880
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:21:22 am »
suggestion:

in stead of light quanta use any quanta

because leaf dragon + SoR --> generation of 2 life quanta just once = downgrade

leaf dragon + SoR --> generation of 2 (or 1) life quanta from any quanta ( except life quanta :P, generation of one life quanta per quanta would solve this) multiple times = upgrade (but not as bad as infinite life quanta)

anything
blarg: