*Author

Offline MithcairionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [not a bug] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273865#msg273865
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »
So, when playing Fire Queen I AM'd her Fahrenheit, figuring that would at least heal me while it was killing me, and lo and behold, my shield froze it!  I was told that this was due to the fiery damage, which is what I figured, but was told to report it anyhow, since it needs to be fixed, nonetheless.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Falcon4415

Re: Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273871#msg273871
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:08:10 pm »
AM'd Fahrenheit deals damage equal to -5 + :fire/5, not -5 - :fire/5. Not a bug (what you antimatter is its base attack, but it still uses the fiery ability).

I mean, this is intended because fiery just acts as a bonus, not as a second attack.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273899#msg273899
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:57:41 pm »
AM'd Fahrenheit deals damage equal to -5 + :fire/5, not -5 - :fire/5. Not a bug (what you antimatter is its base attack, but it still uses the fiery ability).

I mean, this is intended because fiery just acts as a bonus, not as a second attack.
True, if it reaches positive attack, it will attack past your shield and freeze.

• Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273922#msg273922
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 04:38:16 pm »
I understand both of these points, but when asking around in chat Higurashi told me that this effect wasn't supposed to happen and was supposed to have been fixed, and thus to go ahead and post it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [unconfirmed] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273926#msg273926
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 04:40:45 pm »
I understand both of these points, but when asking around in chat Higurashi told me that this effect wasn't supposed to happen and was supposed to have been fixed, and thus to go ahead and post it.
The effect that was fixed was Fahrenheit's ability being used even though it was frozen, which should not have happened.  This however is essentially the same as adding damage onto the attack of a creature, making it go from negative to positive damage and thus making it prone to Permafrost.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Re: Antimattered Fahrenheit Freezing to Perma Shield [not a bug] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21415.msg273939#msg273939
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »
Changed heading to [not a bug] because consensus at this point seems to be a mechanic that is intended, but I will leave unlocked for now in case any new information comes to light.  Thanks all for the help.

blarg: