*Author

breach

Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg28684#msg28684
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »
It seems that a creature with Adrenaline unfreezes instantly after a turn,
in the same way that a Adrenaline creature that has been poisoned will take multiple damage per attack.

is this a bug?

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg28687#msg28687
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:50:44 pm »
no
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg28702#msg28702
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:41:08 pm »
no
That xdude has a way with words. That really speaks to me, man.

But like he said, no. That is intended behavior since Adrenaline doesn't only give your creature multiple attacks, it's more like that creature gains multiple turns right away.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

breach

Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg29655#msg29655
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:36 am »
the card itself says it gets multiple attacks, and if the card is frozen, how does it perform those attacks?
if it does have turns and not just attacks, then cards like Fahrenheit and Devourer should also work...

Jumbalumba

Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg29657#msg29657
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:06 am »
I'm not sure about Fahrenheit because it's a bit weird in that its face attack value isn't its real attack value but Devourers do steal more than once per turn with Adrenaline. I do believe certain cards with Adrenaline were given specific effects in order for them not to be overpowered so it's not always once per 'attack' but it is always more than once per turn.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg30188#msg30188
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 09:36:45 pm »
I tried devourers with adrenaline and they seem to steal a random number, either 1 or 2... for example 2 devourers, both adrenalined, stole 3 quantum, while 3 adrenalined devourers stole once 4 and once 5 quantum...
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg30189#msg30189
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:44:37 pm »
its the same way with procrastination, if the creature with adrenaline attacks your opponent when they have procrastination, the creature attacks, bubles, attacks, bubles, etc.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Ashebrethafe

Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg35286#msg35286
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:45:54 pm »
Adrenaline is a pretty weird card. A Horned Frog will do more damage than a Cockatrice if both are adrenalined -- the Frog does 3+3+3+3 = 12, while the Cockatrice does 4+3+2 = 9.

It does give the creature multiple turns, so if these adrenalined creatures were frozen they would thaw, and the Frog would attack for 3, on the following turn; if they were petrified (Basilisk Blood/Brown Nymph's ability) they would take 2 turns instead of 6 to un-stasis and the Frog would attack for 6 on the second turn.

I do believe certain cards with Adrenaline were given specific effects in order for them not to be overpowered so it's not always once per 'attack' but it is always more than once per turn.
I haven't seen any of these cards adrenalined myself, but from what I've read the number of activations of the Devourer's passive ability (does it have a name?) and venom (on Puffer Fish and flying Arsenics) was cut in half. Xinef's post here may or may not contradict that, depending on whether some of the Devourers were buffed to raise their attack above 3. (This would remove their fourth turn, and possibly their second quantum-steal. Maybe it would make them steal 3 quanta per 2 turns?)

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg35320#msg35320
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:00:11 am »
I made a deck with devourers, adrenaline and pillars only, for the sole purpose of experimenting how effective they are. I am pretty sure I used no buffs, and I guess my opponent (AI3, if I remember correctly it was the :time one) also did not.
Well... I don't know how exactly does it work... is it random, cut in half, or calculated somehow... I simply noticed how many quantum my opponent had before my attack phase and after, depending on my number of devourers (I never played one I couldn't adrenaline the same turn).
I tried it once again, and again I see that an adrenalined devourer steals either one or two quanta per turn... seems random (for example the turn he is played and adrenalined, he might either steal two, or one)
I guess the best way to find how it really works is to try it in the game... or ask Zanz ;)
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Werdbooty

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Werdbooty is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Werd to yer booty.
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg241059#msg241059
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »
Let's take a quick glance at the wording of these two cards:

Based on the above, it would seem fairly obvious what would happen: a frozen creature would not attack multiple times if Adrenaline is cast on it. Case in point, the creature wouldn't attack at all. But it does, despite the Freeze. That's fine, I can live with that. I understand the principle (maybe the creature is so wrecked on Adrenaline he doesn't feel the cold - like that movie Crank).

Pictured: new card art for Adrenaline.
However, I still feel that something needs to be changed here, even if it's just the wording. I hate to be a nitpick, but something like this could go a long way to detracting from the allure of the game, from a newbie's point of view. I can see the following situation all too easily:

"If this isn't a bug, why does Freeze state specifically that creatures do not attack? If a creature with Adrenaline gets more attacks, wouldn't the Freeze still take precedence? Your cards make no sense."

I hope this whole thing hasn't been settled somewhere else. I hate to revive a dead topic for no reason.

"A kind of synthesis, but with some elements that perhaps you wouldn't have expected in advance. I always like that when that happens, when something comes that is more than the sum of the parts." —Evan Parker

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg241257#msg241257
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 10:19:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure that each attack wears off freeze by one. A creature with 1 attack per turn (anything without adrenaline) will be frozen for 3 turns. A creature with 3 attacks per turn will be frozen for 1 turn. A creature with 4 attacks per turn will be frozen for 3 attacks, and attack on the fourth.

I suppose freeze should say for 3 attacks instead of turns, but that might over complicate things.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Werdbooty

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Werdbooty is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Werd to yer booty.
Re: Adrenaline versus Freeze https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3318.msg241278#msg241278
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »
I know. I actually sat here for a fair bit trying to come up with an easier wording for either of the cards and failed miserably. I honestly think the only solution is to suck it up and say that frozen creatures with Adrenaline don't attack while frozen.

But I don't like that. Maybe a counter system instead?

Freeze: "Target creature gets 3 Freeze counters. Remove a counter for every attack target creature makes. Frozen creatures cannot use skills."
"A kind of synthesis, but with some elements that perhaps you wouldn't have expected in advance. I always like that when that happens, when something comes that is more than the sum of the parts." —Evan Parker

blarg: