*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg375953#msg375953
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 06:26:37 pm »
I guess I might be biased because I actually like Parasites, but I think they're fine as is. An increase to defense would be the best option though for sure.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg375958#msg375958
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »
I totally agree that parasite needs some love. I voted for buffing it's attack to 2.

As you said yourself, I could foresee problems with darkness getting a one cost creature with a CC ability. I also don't think a buff in defense fits the parasite theme. It's an offensive creature imo.

I think an attack of 2 is a small but reasonable buff and fits the theme well.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg375962#msg375962
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »
While I personally don't see the problem of a one cost parasite, I don't see the benefit of 2ho AT ALL (All it does is let it survive against Thorn/Fire shield slightly longer). Anything than +2hp is a no go (3 total, +1 from nightfall escapes OE) for me, but 2 attack could be comparable.

I favor 1cost parasites though.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

zse

Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg375987#msg375987
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 08:34:59 pm »
Why nerf Parasite by giving it 2 attack? Being protected from Maxwell / Skull Shield / Spine Carapace / Ice Shield is much better than having 2 attack. One good way to buff this card would actually be giving it 0 attack => protection from Fire Shield / Thorn Carapace / Turtle Shield.

So how about
Parasite 0/1 for 1 :darkness
and
Bloodsucker 2/1 for 1 :darkness.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg376006#msg376006
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 09:19:27 pm »
 2 attack is definitely a buff. It will do more damage in almost every game and die slightly more often. Since its ability isn't amazing, damage is an important part of the card. Darkness also has an answer to all of the mentioned threats.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg376017#msg376017
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »
While I personally don't see the problem of a one cost parasite, I don't see the benefit of 2ho AT ALL (All it does is let it survive against Thorn/Fire shield slightly longer). Anything than +2hp is a no go (3 total, +1 from nightfall escapes OE) for me, but 2 attack could be comparable.
Not quite.  +1 HP would allow it to survive Drain Life, Ice Bolt, and Otyugh when Nightfall is in play.  None of those three elements can remove Nightfall by themselves, either.

Personally I feel Parasite is balanced.  It is inexpensive yet a major CC threat, and thus draws a lot of CC hate off your larger creatures.  I have personally done well with it in my decks in the past, and have been soundly beaten by it a number of times - in those situations, in fact, I'd have won if Parasite was not included.

If any buff is needed, I'd say a drop in cost to 1 :darkness, that's the most sound option.  It hardly needs it, but I can't see a reason against the buff; the main limiting factor in using them is the requirement of Death quanta.

Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg376193#msg376193
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:06 am »
1 cost seems fine: :death :darkness is an easy pair to mesh together, Parasite is just a bit difficult to pop in with that 2 cost.

Off-topic however, this card is way too expensive in the bazaar, even Chrysaora's cheaper!

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg376275#msg376275
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 09:29:39 am »
Don't buff it, it was the base of a darkness elemental's first moves in my lore  :))
Seriously, lower cost.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Wadjet

Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg376299#msg376299
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 10:38:04 am »
Personally, I just think it should poison if devoured.

Offline Dwerg

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Dwerg is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • A fool sees not the same tree a wise man sees
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg377505#msg377505
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 10:01:20 pm »
I've tried using those and failed, altho it's skill is nice, I guess I wouldn't use it even if it had a lower cost due to it's low hp.
For me it makes a really big difference if it haves 2 hp, having one hp makes it almost impossible to use it's ability(which is the only reason I would use that creature) if a fire shield is already in play,

From what I've read in this thread it's split into people that thinks in it as a damage dealer and people that like it's ability. I'm in the last group.

I also agree with Wadjet, it should poison if devoured!
He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg377514#msg377514
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:25:28 pm »
I am for the higher HP, although anywhere from 1-->3 HP is pretty much in the same boat. So i guess i am for the lower cost.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Parasite https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20211.msg377585#msg377585
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 12:55:40 am »
The big problem with this card is the HUGE delay involved just to do any damage.

It will effectively be 3 turns before this can do ANY damage to the creature you want to kill, and even more to actually kill it.

Compared to instant effects that you get from other cards, it just isn't worth it.

Example:

Say that the opponent's creature is a... Photon.

Turn 1:
Opponent plays Photon, does 1 damage.
You play Parasite.

Turn 2:
Photon attacks. 2 damage total. (Possibility of Parasite dying or rendered useless).
Parasite uses ability.

Turn 3:
Photon attacks and dies, 3 damage total.

Compared to other methods, this kind of CC is really bad, since it's slow, and is vulnerable to CC as well. It's just not worth it for the duo quantum investment and lack of other uses.

Compare the above example to this:

Turn 1:
Opponent plays a Photon. 1 Damage.
You play Lightning. It dies.

See the difference?

Now, there's one change that would make it awesome. Parasites feed of of their hosts, right?

:death: Infect target creature. Gain +1/+1.

There. Appropriate buff, improved versatility, thematically appropriate...

What say you?

anything
blarg: