Poll

How should Luciferin|Luciferase be buffed?

Reduce cost to 1|0
0 (0%)
Generate 1 :Light on play
10 (83.3%)
No need for a buff
2 (16.7%)
Other, please specify
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

*Author

Offline UndeadSpider1990Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
[Official] Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217910#msg1217910
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »

I believe the unupped Luciferin should get -1 :rainbow cost.

I have long experimented with newbie-level Luciferin/Hope decks but find, surprisingly, that 2 :rainbow is a big hindrance. As it stands, the card is hardly too powerful, so I believe this will make the card more playable.

I am not currently concerned how the upped would be buffed if this happened, but I expect it would either be the same cost reduction (at the additional price of interfering with the mulligan), or heal more HP.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:30:41 am by Treldon »
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217919#msg1217919
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 10:00:53 pm »
I don't object to a small Luciferin buff, but I think if it was changed the way you suggest Holy Light/Holy Flash would be completely overshadowed.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217920#msg1217920
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:00 pm »
0 cost upped ruins mulligans
Your favorite Hotyugh

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217982#msg1217982
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 05:57:26 pm »
0 cost upped ruins mulligans

Good point. I'm going to remove that from the original post, since I actually had the unupped in mind anyway. How to buff the upped in the event that the unupped was buffed is as yet undiscussed.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Luciferin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217987#msg1217987
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:25:25 pm »
A more interesting buff that works for both is for the card to give you 1 :light on play.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Luciferin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1217996#msg1217996
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 12:02:19 am »
Easy to agree. Luci runs best in low-quanta decks and those suffer considerably from the 100% cost difference from 1 to 2. It's no wonder I rarely run an unupped Luci deck without Nova, and that's a bad sign considering Luci decks are pretty darn situational. The support cards via Nova are great, but it's not always what I'd like to run. It'd be nice if non-Nova Luci decks were less terrible.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Luciferin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1218613#msg1218613
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:57:07 am »
A more interesting buff that works for both is for the card to give you 1 :light on play.
I  actually like this idea quite a bit

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: [Official] Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1218617#msg1218617
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 07:31:56 am »
Edited OP for you, please add a poll
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Re: [Official] Luciferin | Luciferase https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60751.msg1218673#msg1218673
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 10:45:51 am »
Edited OP for you, please add a poll

Thanks. Poll added. Please place a vote everybody ^_^

anything
blarg: