*Author

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg258277#msg258277
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:33:47 am »
I don't understand one thing:
Antimatter costs 6  :entropy
Skill Purple Nymph costs 4  :entropy (33% cheaper)

Luciferin costs 2  :rainbow
Skill Light Nymph 4  :light (2x more expensive, and You must have light quantum)

Is it good?

Offline Neopergoss

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Neopergoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg261992#msg261992
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 03:49:05 pm »
The reason it can cost more and still be good is that you can use it as many times as you want for repetitive healing. The alchemy card can only be used once. It's hard to kill the nymph, too, and she can generate the quanta she needs by using other creatures.

MXXE

Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg279584#msg279584
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 12:32:35 pm »
The reason it can cost more and still be good is that you can use it as many times as you want for repetitive healing.
But this also holds true for the purple nymph! And yet the situation
antimatter card: :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy
antimatter nymph:  :entropy :entropy :entropy :entropy
luciferin card:  :rainbow :rainbow
luciferin nymph:  :light :light :light :light
is the same!

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg279755#msg279755
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »
Two reasons for this, actually.

The entropy nymph will have no reason to use its ability every turn, but the light nymph usually will.

Also, in a luciferin deck, the cost of a draw is much more expensive than the cost of quantum, more so than other decks because luciferin decks usually have enough :light. When the cost of a draw is significantly more valuable than the cost of quantum, something with a reusable ability gains usefulness.
Somehow still around, somewhat

kitty45

Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg279758#msg279758
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 05:50:08 pm »
Make the skill cost  :light :light and to summon creature  :light :light :light :light :light :light :light

Offline Time_lord_victorius

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Time_lord_victorius is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm not the Doctor, I'm Victorius
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg279766#msg279766
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:03 pm »
what i think is that the card should be rearanged altogheter.
what i suggest (propose) is that her attack goes to 5 (which is fairly descent) with her ability cost 3 :light unupped and 2 :light upped and gains 5 life for the use o the ability. to me , i think it sounds like a "in between" arrangement for both parties alike. on the other hand, who am i to make such a call. im just saying what i think
-Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

-A true friend stabs you in the front
Oscar Wilde

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg279771#msg279771
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:21:37 pm »
what i think is that the card should be rearanged altogheter.
what i suggest (propose) is that her attack goes to 5 (which is fairly descent) with her ability cost 3 :light unupped and 2 :light upped and gains 5 life for the use o the ability. to me , i think it sounds like a "in between" arrangement for both parties alike. on the other hand, who am i to make such a call. im just saying what i think
There is no need for a new ability because the ability is based on the alchemy card. Why not just keep the nymph the same?

MXXE

Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg280332#msg280332
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »
Why not just keep the nymph the same?
What do you mean with "the same"? The same as now or the same as before 10HP were added. Because that is exactly the two "parties" that are arguing with each other.

killybob

Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg280377#msg280377
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »
i'm neutral. the old nymph has different purposes to the old one (obviously). all you need to do is get your head round it. on the other hand it was unique for it's costless ability and the fact that its damage was so significantly large. both these abilities and stats can outdo each other in some way or another. as they say though: out with the old and in with the new. while i have liked the other nymph very much, i do welcome this new version with excitement.

a little buff might be nice however.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • R A I N B R O S
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg280420#msg280420
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:22 pm »
Why not just keep the nymph the same?
What do you mean with "the same"? The same as now or the same as before 10HP were added. Because that is exactly the two "parties" that are arguing with each other.
The same as the alchemy card, which needed a buff.

Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg280784#msg280784
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 05:12:49 am »
I use these in one of my favourite decks. Never would have done that for the old one, I could have just used archangels instead with hardly any difference. Now, you get some sweet healing. It's just a matter of adapting, and putting it in new decks.

Code: [Select]
52q 52q 52s 52s 52s 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5la 5la 5ld 5ld 5ld 5ld 5ls 5ls 713 713 71c 7k2 7k2 7k2I've been slowly upgrading it for use in PvP2, the version you see in front of you is 3-4 cards behind, but it should give you a good enough idea of why I support this change.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Light Nymph | Light Nymph https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17975.msg367286#msg367286
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 03:03:05 am »
I have 2 of these now and I'm really struggling to find a good use for them. Luciferase seems to be better in almost every situation.

Lobo hitting your light-generating creatures? It can also neuter your nymph! But it can't hit luciferase!

Charging up a fat Hope shield? Hope and light nymph are both extremely expensive. Using either card delays the use of the other tremendously, and rushes will kill you. With luciferase, you can quickly and cheaply turn all your dragons (or whatever) into Hope boosters right after playing your shield.

Healing? Here the light nymph is kinda useful for sustained healing, but luciferases and holy lights can heal you much faster for much less quanta. This appears to be the only situation where light nymph has some use, but it faces heavy competition from: Heal, Sanctuary, SoG, Amber Nymph, Druid Staff, etc etc. Every single other option is either way cheaper/faster, or in the case of Amber Nymph, more powerful of an effect.

blarg: