*Author

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1162940#msg1162940
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 01:31:19 am »
Make a simple deck involving 6 purifies, 6 blue crawlers, 6 ice dragons and 12 pillars. You will see the power of purify in PvP1

(This is fun.)

Offline seulintse

• Reputation Power: 5
  • seulintse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ~just RoL with it~
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1162951#msg1162951
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 03:10:06 am »
I always thought making a deck using whatever their strategy against them would be awesome, much more so throwing in another 6 silences (maybe replace 4 of the lightnings with it, dunno)... well anyways, looked at the cards more closely, upgraded doesn't really do much for the forest scorpion (+1 damage), death stalker gets +2 (survivability, a bit) and same thing with the dune scorpion... using a deck made of  :death based around deadly scorpions with your mark being death wouldn't hurt much (add a few  :death pendulums as well to help with those first 3 or 4, depending on whether the nightfall was upgraded to eclipse or not... you could also expand it to a sort of rainbow deck doing the same thing (momentums, quintesses, silences, mitosis, dat stuff), and the dune scorpion seriously just needs  :light pendulums with time as its mark and you do alot of damage... well, that idea would probably need silences in the beginning to truly hurt your opponent... even if it is supposed to be a support one, not a card to base a deck around, its still kinda... meh. Also, the +1 damage to the  :life scorpion, I don't see it doing quite alot aside from getting you over unupgraded shields, so yeah.... meh. MAYBE if you could use mitosis on it and the scorpion would still have its poison effect (since it removes that), I think that would be really kewl and not make it seem like something to be overlooked :3
make a simple deck involving 6 shriekers, 6 stone dragons, 6 hematite golems, and 12 stone pillars. you will see the power of shriekers in PvP1
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:15:21 am by seulintse »
do you wanna have a bad :time?

:light war #9 :light

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1162955#msg1162955
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:25 am »
Well, what would you suggest as a buff?

(Make a deck consisting of 6 chaos seeds, 6 antimatters, 6 purple dragons and 12 pillars. You will see the power of chaos seed in PvP1)

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1162985#msg1162985
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 08:40:07 am »
Make a simple deck featuring 6 pheonixes, 6 fire bolts, 6 rage potions, 12 pillars.  You will see the power of pheonix in PvP1

Take a simple read through your post. You will see the power of grammar in forums.

It's phOEnix.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163011#msg1163011
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:27 pm »
First, the thread needs proper formatting.

As for buffing the card, I agree. I don't think decreasing its cost to 2 would make it much better overall. Same price as frog, less damage, less durability, still worse adrenaline fodder, but it would be a start.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163022#msg1163022
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:01 pm »
Yes! Buff Forest Scorpion, please! Look at War, for example. It is not like Forest Scorpion can be used 6 times in a deck and win the game! ::)
Let alone using Forest Scorpion as a hard-counter, especially against teams with strong defence, like Team :aether and Team :light! :-\

(the examples used above are completely co-incidental and have absolutely no relation to real-life events) :P
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163060#msg1163060
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »
Forest Scorpion doesn't need a buff IMO.
Forest Scorpion is basically a creature that was made with the intention of poisoning on each attack. Seeing as it has done this well, it doesn't need a buff.
Having one attack on a poisonous creature is enough. Which basically means instant poison whenever you summon it.
If I had to buff anything, I would buff the HP. It's kinda weak.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163079#msg1163079
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 12:30:02 am »
Forest Scorpion is basically a creature that was made with the intention of poisoning on each attack. Seeing as it has done this well, it doesn't need a buff.
Having one attack on a poisonous creature is enough. Which basically means instant poison whenever you summon it.
The problem with that is that they are blocked by just about every common shield. Which renders them useless outside of being buffed. They aren't really good enough to warrant only 1 attack and be 3 cost.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline seulintse

• Reputation Power: 5
  • seulintse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ~just RoL with it~
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163094#msg1163094
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 03:14:35 am »
The problem with that is that they are blocked by just about every common shield. Which renders them useless outside of being buffed. They aren't really good enough to warrant only 1 attack and be 3 cost.
yeah, I'm not good at formatting if you couldn't tell  :P that pretty much sums up my thoughts, sooooo yeah, easily blocked strategy... one possible buff I thought about was letting the scorpion keep the poison with the mitosis... even so, it can still be snuffed out by almost any shield, like deathreign said. also, having one attack on a poisonous creature is enough for instant poison? yeah, tell that to the person rushing with 6 death stalkers and a few eclipses ;P also, personally, on a different note, I think it would be nice if the cure was toned down to immediately remove 6 poison upon playing, and then 6 for each turn, until its removed and then add the +2 hp. sure, that wouldn't make a HUGE difference, but for the person completely into the poison routine, a couple well timed purifies could ruin it (although thats a completely different note from what the forest scorpion should receive as a buff, unless someone comes up with a concrete idea why not....)
oh, right...

Well, what would you suggest as a buff?

(Make a deck consisting of 6 chaos seeds, 6 antimatters, 6 purple dragons and 12 pillars. You will see the power of chaos seed in PvP1)
make a deck of 6 steals, 6 devourers, and 6 black dragons. you will see the powers of devourers in pvp1
do you wanna have a bad :time?

:light war #9 :light

Offline bossitron

• Reputation Power: 12
  • bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • im a potato dont ask me anything
Re: forest scorpion? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=43226.msg1163116#msg1163116
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:22 am »
Make a simple deck with 6 vampires, six dragons, 6 liquid shadows and 12 pillars. you will see the power of vampires in PvP1
CHAOS POWER GO!

blarg: