*Author

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg539816#msg539816
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »
It doesn't need a buff because it has so much HP. If you want to make it have 8 attack, and 10 attack upped, change it to 11 HP unupped and 13 HP upped.

edit: fixed my post
So you want to make the worst dragon even worse? You do realize hp ONLY synergizes with gravity right? So what if its hard to kill, that's what gravity is supposed to do!
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg539907#msg539907
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2012, 06:41:04 pm »
I definately think this DOESN'T need a buff. I think its good as is.
Please include reasons to support your assertions.

Compare
Colossal Dragon: 7|15 for 10 :gravity => 8|30 for 11 :gravity
vs
Stone Dragon: 8|10 for 10 :earth => 10|12 for 12 :earth (Better stats then Colossal)
or
Armagio: 1|25 for 5 :gravity => 2|30 for 5 :gravity (Cheaper HP than Colossal)
It doesn't need a buff because it has so much HP. If you want to make it have 8 attack, and 10 attack upped, change it to 11 HP unupped and 13 HP upped.
Thank you for adding reasoning.
I assume that you find Stone Dragon balanced? We will start with Stone Dragon and then see if the differences are fair.

Is 10hp -> 15 hp worth a full -1 attack? Why?

-1 casting cost (the cost to play the card) is worth -1 attack
Is 12hp -> 30 hp  worth a full -1 attack? Why?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline summerz88

• Reputation Power: 3
  • summerz88 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg539914#msg539914
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:25 pm »
I believe not all the dragons were created equal, I believe that the earth/colossal dragon is one of the weaker dragons, I dont believe it needs to be buffed, that simple.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg539916#msg539916
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »
I believe not all the dragons were created equal, I believe that the earth/colossal dragon is one of the weaker dragons, I dont believe it needs to be buffed, that simple.
I believe that the efficiency (Total benefit counting all simultaneous benefit / Total cost counting all types of cost) of all cards in EtG should be equal with in a narrow margin of error. This is my definition of balanced.

However I do not have a definite opinion of Colossal Dragon. (Although I think Colossal is more deserving than Massive at this time)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline blueberrymania

• Reputation Power: 3
  • blueberrymania is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • What's better than Antimatter? Not even Uncimatter
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg540219#msg540219
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2012, 02:40:28 pm »
I find it quite useful, its resistance can be used with acceleration, catapult and gravity pull, besides being difficult to kill him, 3 lightning!,
With the same quanta, i can summon 2 Chargers. Which are 8 attacks, 2 Lightning resistant, and momentum.
Upgraded, i can use it to summon 14 attacks, 2 Lightning resistant, and Momentum as opposed to 8 blockable attacks but very tough. Once HP exceeds 15, there's little incentive to actually try and kill the creature.
EDIT: and an extra :gravity too.
Is your definition of "Lightning resistant" something that gets killed by a single Lightning?
Agreed. "Lightning resistance" should only be measured by how many lightning attacks something can survive, not how many lightning something can take before it dies.
ENTROPY is the ultimate force in demolition. Always present, it tries to steal our order.

And yes, this is based off of Vineroz's signature.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg540279#msg540279
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »
I find it quite useful, its resistance can be used with acceleration, catapult and gravity pull, besides being difficult to kill him, 3 lightning!,
With the same quanta, i can summon 2 Chargers. Which are 8 attacks, 2 Lightning resistant, and momentum.
Upgraded, i can use it to summon 14 attacks, 2 Lightning resistant, and Momentum as opposed to 8 blockable attacks but very tough. Once HP exceeds 15, there's little incentive to actually try and kill the creature.
Is your definition of "Lightning resistant" something that gets killed by a single Lightning?
Agreed. "Lightning resistance" should only be measured by how many lightning attacks something can survive, not how many lightning something can take before it dies.
Erm. Should have rephrased that.
I mean, even if you kill one, the other will still do damage.
Read.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Colossal Dragon | Massive Dragon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10283.msg541669#msg541669
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »

Actually, if there was just one lightning (or between the first and second lightning), charger army will get 4(7 upped) damage while the dragon deals 8(9 upped) since dragon will NOT killed.
If you use snipe(much more used), you need 4 sniping.

But yes, I agree with your claiming. You got the right point.
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

anything
blarg: