*Author

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1085390#msg1085390
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2013, 04:44:59 pm »
1: Gravity pull makes ONE creature a shield. Big shield > little shield, no?
2: Same applies for momentum, why give one creature it when you can give all, AND get the bonus effect of a shield that could be life saving?
3: Instosis and firecell to name a few. Would name more, but search feature is, sadly, still very limited right now. (Only lets you search for 1 page worth of decks)
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1085392#msg1085392
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
2: Same applies for momentum, why give one creature it when you can give all, AND get the bonus effect of a shield that could be life saving?
3: Instosis and firecell to name a few. Would name more, but search feature is, sadly, still very limited right now. (Only lets you search for 1 page worth of decks)
I absolutely agree with 1 and 3, however 2 has huge drawbacks.
- A chimera made out of creatures that are used mainly for attacking will not survive longer than 2 turns, removing all your dmg output
- It costs more
- Doesnt give bonus stats
- Lower drawing chances

Doesn't this deck is better without Chimera?

Aether mark
12 grav pillar, 6 grav pend, 6 Titan, 6 PU, 6 Animate weapon, 6 SoF, 6 Overdrive, 3 Catapult. Kay it's raw, and not perfect, but Overdriven Titan is sounds better. This Chimera can be frozen down/Rewind...

What you describe is a rather slow break with SoFo and with no real defense; I was using sth like this:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55s 55s 55s 560 560 560 576 576 576 576 576 576 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 61t 61t 621 621 74c 75m 75m 75m 7n2 7n2 7n2 808 80b 8pu
This easily produces chimeras that are twice as durable as you are and is not really designed for fast dmg, but for a slow but powerful defense. Adding Grav pillars and sofos probably improves that deck, but that is only because sofo is insanely op; my point is however that we are talking of completely different decks. Your deck tries to dish out unavoidable dmg as fast as possible (well actually it can be faster), while mine uses chimera mainly defensively (though once set up - which, unfortunately, takes longer than necessary- my deck deals almost unavoidable dmg as well)
But I am getting very offtopic right now. Anyway Chimera can be useful in a few decks, but I am not sure whether it is viable outside of otks, where it guarantees the instantkill.
Maybe giving it bonus hp for every creature involved could be a fair buff.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:28:50 pm by kaempfer13 »
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Zergva

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Zergva is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Slightly new to Elements
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1085405#msg1085405
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2013, 06:48:46 pm »

1, Infinite is the best, so SoF have won this argument :D (I said it's raising in every turn!) Chimera kill every of your creatures and if it dies, you can pack your deck away. 

2, It's just not worth in duo. High cost, no + dmg (kay, if the opponent have shield and you don't have PC, but using a PC instead this is better), and you lose every ability from your monsters. Momentum gives + atk and it's not overused either (Momentum still don't needs your creatures to die). And avoiding shield is now has a slight overreputation (Psion, SoW). The defence is not really matters (Emphatic bond works better).

3, Buffering, but I think it's specially can be good (but only for) OTK.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1085408#msg1085408
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »
1: Shard of focus with gravity pull and only take so much damage. A few armagios with chimera fusion can take more. Albeit less potentially, but after 30 or so damage, chimera wins.
2: So allowing all the dragons and other creatures the ability to pass through shields is bad? I still fail to see this point. If i had 6 dragons and a phase shield was up or something like a spider wings combo, then why would this be bad? Yes, its obviously a late game card, but that doesn't not make it a bad card. Bond doesn't provide momentum, and needs several creatures to be good. While on the otherhand, chimera can get by with a relatively less amount.

A point I have left out from before, chimera can also make room on the field for more creatures. Albeit, not handy most of the time, should not be forgotten.

Most importantly though, why would any of your proposed buffs really help it? Cheaper cost? Doesn't help any of the issues discussed so far. +0/1? Again, how does this help with its issues?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:34:31 pm by omegareaper7 »
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1098710#msg1098710
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
Bah, necropost warning! ?_?

IMO I don't think this card needs to be changed, but if I would, I would request a new option in the poll:
Remove gravity pull.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Robsta43

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Robsta43 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not New to Elements At All
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1098738#msg1098738
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2013, 07:13:44 pm »
Chimera as it is is useful in some decks.  I have 1 copy in my  :gravity :time pharaoh deck (40atk, 250 hp chimeras look cool), although it isn't useful against almost all decks. 

Pros: Ignores shields and prevents a lot of damage. 
Cons: Reduces your field to only 1 card that can be easily stopped.  High Cost.  Only useful once you have a lot of cards already on the field. 

Suggested buff:
Grant chimera an additional passive that allows it to evade targeting (by being too massive/godlike to target) with a % chance of evading targeting = it's current health.  Note -> this also makes it evade buff cards you play on it. 
Alternately, just make it immortal. 

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Chimera|Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1100904#msg1100904
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2013, 07:59:29 am »
I found it is sometimes effective with Pharaohs.

Scarab swarms create a lot of HP for Chimera's defense aspect.

It has the additional advantage of instant effect. Chimera bypasses Dimensional Shield immediately, whereas Shard of Focus must survive a turn at 0|1.

Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1161706#msg1161706
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2014, 05:42:21 am »
What if it had acceleration/overdrive and momentum? That would keep in theme and give a major bounus.
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1161719#msg1161719
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2014, 07:41:22 am »
What if it had acceleration/overdrive and momentum? That would keep in theme and give a major bounus.

Monentum it already has. But since it also has Gravity pull, Acceleration would not be useful, because it will probably die next (few) turns - unless you give it ridiculously huge HP. Chimera is for OTKs
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1161744#msg1161744
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2014, 02:08:23 pm »
Giving it acceleration or overdrive would be useful in the context of OTKs to deal an extra 2-3 damage

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1161841#msg1161841
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2014, 05:56:59 am »
sorry. I should clarify. I meant acceleration instead of gravity pull.
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18968.msg1161853#msg1161853
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2014, 07:53:33 am »
sorry. I should clarify. I meant acceleration instead of gravity pull.

That would be really OP. A creature with (potentially) awful lot of ATK and no real way to remove it? Everyone and their dogs would be running Chimera decks

Right now you at least have a chance (provided the opponent miscalculates the kill) to kill it if you have big enough total damage output
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

blarg: