*Author

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339584#msg339584
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2011, 02:46:52 pm »
Imo, both TII and DL should have lost this match already and TFO should become champion.

These extensions are ridiculous, rules haven't been bend like this in previous rounds!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339588#msg339588
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »
Yes but you know that if TFO win the squad 2 win ? for me it okay
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

gavsword

Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339589#msg339589
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »
Actually squad 1 will win, they are up one game.

I've seen TII a few times earlier in the week, but didn't see him at all over the weekend.
Saw DL briefly on Sunday (might've been Saturday, not sure).

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339602#msg339602
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2011, 03:12:43 pm »
how about we get rid of DL altogether and just find someone as representative for him for this particular match
dragging everyone down with your ineptitude merit a most dire penalty, no
Fixed, as far as I'm concerned. Why do I say this? Because I have not seen Devil around at all in the past week except to yell at TII on forums that he would be in chat (which he was, for a small amount of time).

TII, on the other hand, I have seen pop into chat multiple times, and even if he does only pop in sporadically, he can check history and see if Devil has been around lately (which to my knowledge he hasn't) and proceed to wait for him.

Personally, the choice based on activity seems obvious to me, and if either player actually is avoiding the match, it would seem to be Devil.

I know I'm not in this event but I feel that I needed to say this.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339607#msg339607
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »
I think that ddevans is right in his post and the fact that he is not in the event is just a proof that he is totally impartial.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

gavsword

Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339618#msg339618
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2011, 03:25:48 pm »
DL has more of a reason to dodge the match, due to his team being up a game.

I say if they STILL don't get a match completed in the next 24 hours, I believe they should both get a parasite (unless they have proof that one was trying to avoid the other) and subs should complete the match. If it's a double sub, or a sub wins, TFO should go on to the next round.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339635#msg339635
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »
how about we get rid of DL altogether and just find someone as representative for him for this particular match
dragging everyone down with your ineptitude merit a most dire penalty, no
Fixed, as far as I'm concerned. Why do I say this? Because I have not seen Devil around at all in the past week except to yell at TII on forums that he would be in chat (which he was, for a small amount of time).

TII, on the other hand, I have seen pop into chat multiple times, and even if he does only pop in sporadically, he can check history and see if Devil has been around lately (which to my knowledge he hasn't) and proceed to wait for him.

Personally, the choice based on activity seems obvious to me, and if either player actually is avoiding the match, it would seem to be Devil.

I know I'm not in this event but I feel that I needed to say this.
But, it's easy to check the forums to see if someone's on.... then when you see they're not on... go to the chat room and 'look for them'

I propose this (since this is a PvP event about battling):

Squad #1 & Squad #2 players square off in a 1-vs-1 battle with their opponent of the same element. Best-of-5. Winner advances.
There are no aides, but instead, whichever player has the better record, gets that element for their team as an aide, plus 2 upped cards. This turns out to be exactly 6 for each squad.
Squad #1: :aether :air :darkness :entropy :gravity :water
Squad #2: :death :earth :fire :life :light :time

With this solution, we no longer have to wait for them to fight, it's in our own hands to decide our fate. And if they still refuse to battle, then they can both be eliminated, or coinflipped whatever MrBlonde decides.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339640#msg339640
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
First of all, the Parasite system was installed after this event started, and thus doesn't apply. Secondly, I don't think it would've been worth a parasite. We've had several other matches not done, and the users have just been recorded in the penalty thread. While this match is more important for the event itself, it wouldn't make sense to have higher demands. They have legit problems due to timezones, but I'm sure there's also some inflexibility on both parts due to real life.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339644#msg339644
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:42 pm »
The long and short of it this has gotten well out of hand.  The rules have been bent and re-bent and bent some more trying to accomodate 2 players who clearly are not motivated to get a match done.  We have a system in place to deal with 2 players who are unable to complete a match, and I strongly believe this system should have been utilized already.  I don't really care at this point which squad wins or loses, but this needs to stop.  No event should be held up for several days because of two players, no matter how distasteful ending the stage on a forfeit may be.

That said, there will be no more extensions for this event.  Not for this stage or any future ones.  Players who are unable to complete their matches by the deadline and who fail to contact the organizer prior to said deadline will be removed from the event, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *RAGE!!! LAST 24 HOUR EXTENSION* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339647#msg339647
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »
Expanding on my previous post, Stage I of Budokan is now ended.  Based on the previous statements regarding activity by MrBlonde in this thread, I believe that makes TheIdioticIdiot the Champion based on activity level.  The current rules state:
To this:
-If both teams do not make an attempt to play then the rule stands.
-If the Challenger does not make an attempt the Aide becomes the Challenger, Champion stays Champion.
-If the Champion does not make an attempt the Challenger becomes Champion, Aide becomes Challenger.
-If both Champion and Challenger make a legitimate effort I to meet up but can't the Champion will stay Champion and Challenger becomes Aide. This is not set in stone though and i will make a decision upon individual cases.
This means if both players are deemed equally active then the current Champion retains his title.  So unless MrBlonde has new evidence suggesting that DevilLoss was more active than TheIdioticIdiot then it is very clear in the rules what happens.  Based on MrBlonde's previous statement about activity levels I am assuming that no such evidence exists.  If that is not case, MrBlonde can change the winner to DevilLoss instead.

My understanding is that this results in Squad 2 advancing to Stage II on merit of a better combined record of their Champions.  Both Squad 1 and Squad 2 have 5 Champions.  Squad 1 Champions combined record is 20-9.  Squad 2 Champions combined record is 21-9, assuming TII is given a win for the unplayed match.

Stage II of Budokan will begin within 24 hours.
Carpe Diem!!

MrBlonde

Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *COMPLETED* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339651#msg339651
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »
I knew whatever course of action i took would cause some controversy and i would take some flak. Extending the event probably wasn't the best resolution but i just really wanted it to get completed (my conflict resolution skills always were poor due to me wanting everyone o be happy). With that said if i had not extended the round at all i would have given the match to TII. So with that said I will be giving the victory to TII and Team 2 will be moving on to Stage 2 which i will setup up at 12am PST (-7 GMT).

Thanks guys and sorry about the inconvenience.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Stage I: For Honor ROUND 8 *COMPLETED* https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26364.msg339655#msg339655
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2011, 04:59:18 pm »
I never felt I deserved to move on since my record was (0-4), however I do believe that being in chat should never be used to determine which player was more active.  PMs should be the main avenue of communication, and thus used as the main source of determining which player was more active.

And on that note, sorry 10 men, you did everything you could to advance... it's a shame that you're eliminated :(

blarg: TheIdioticIdiot