6 (33.3%)
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 05, 2017, 02:09:36 pm

*Author

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258364#msg1258364
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 09:00:34 pm »
I fully admit to being a very low-key participant this Brawl compared to my involvement in past Brawls (3, 4, 5 specifically). However, I still feel compelled to weigh in on this.

I say all this below in a blunt manner because if I tip-toe around the honest opinions I have the risk is that the current mistaken decision is left in place.

1. I still have no idea how the submission from FROGS won the task. It is a number 6. With little line markings around it -- no idea what that is besides a "6". Very. Unthematic. Totally not an icon I want. (See? I said it would be blunt straight honest opinion coming out)

2. Brawl 4 I weighed in on the OPPOSITE side of this issue...
   a) The task in Brawl 4 mentioned nothing about the winning icon not being used.
   b) The winning icon was good.

3. Now I stand on the side of the winning team having their opinion heard on using the winning icon or not...
   a) The task in Brawl 6 clearly stated this being the case.
   b) The winning icon is not very good (in that it is a fine "6" with lines but as it relates to winners' icon -- just not cutting it).

4. The best lists have 3 items.

I also prefer TTG's icon and believe that it better fits the theme of this Brawl, but neither that nor the difference in voints are relevant to this discussion. This is a debate about whether the award icon used for Brawl should be the icon that won the first Bonus Task, or whether it should be whatever the winning team wants it to be. The Brawlmasters themselves have decided that the former is the case, and it would be a shame for this to be overturned by the community.

3. Now I stand on the side of the winning team having their opinion heard on using the winning icon or not...
   a) The task in Brawl 6 clearly stated this being the case.

This is false. The task only mentions the Brawlmasters, not the winning team.

rob77dp (1) - Linkcat
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Calambar

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258382#msg1258382
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2017, 03:28:07 am »
We didn't have drama during the Brawl, so we have one after the Brawl, ehh...

Art is so subjective that the discussion which icon is better is useless.

The best solution imo, for the future brawls (or maybe for this one?) is to use the icon which won the bonus, but as a rule it should be added that winning icon can be modified (to an extent) to meet the winning team expectations. I think winners should have at least such the privilege.

I would also be ok with the rule that winners choose their own icon, but, on the other hand, do any participants in any RL events choose the reward they get? They get what they get, even if they don' like the reward... (I know that statement was against my team, sorry).

Well, to be honest, I prefer dragon icon, but I don't like any of the icons. I mean, as I stated earlier, totem is unthematic, and I also don't really like the andre's edit. Andre, I'm NOT impressed :P :P :P (well, I actually don't like it's so pale (maybe increase saturation of the image a bit?), I don't like that six looks actually worse than before imo (it's squeezed too much, not as fiery as before, but on the other hand it resembles six better perhaps) and most of all I don't like it's so squary in the bottom-right corner). Dragon itself looks better than the original, but still I somehow don't like it.

But it's only damn forum icon, a bunch of pixels, I don't really care what I get. (I voted on the dragon though, just because I would know I got the icon for winnig Brawl 6 which was about killing the dragon, and not about finding a totem).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:48:16 am by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline Calambar

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258385#msg1258385
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2017, 04:53:21 am »
If andre and BMs are ok with it, and if we get that icon at all, I allowed myself to edit the icon a little.

If it's better or not is subjective as always and I even haven't asked my team yet what they think about it (except Silver), that's why I post it in public.
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258406#msg1258406
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »
If andre and BMs are ok with it, and if we get that icon at all, I allowed myself to edit the icon a little.

If it's better or not is subjective as always and I even haven't asked my team yet what they think about it (except Silver), that's why I post it in public.

If that's allowed, and dragon wins poll, this would be the one we'd want (if BMs don't hate us by now and give us this instead :D)

>:(>:(
 >:(>:(
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:16:55 pm by JonathanCrazyJ »
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258409#msg1258409
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2017, 06:35:29 pm »

god dammit lol
Competitions!

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258477#msg1258477
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2017, 12:37:14 am »
the polls are out, let us hope this will settle down the things (finally)
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258480#msg1258480
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2017, 01:17:17 am »
I demand that JCJ retains his A N G E R Y badge.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258481#msg1258481
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2017, 01:24:35 am »

Only if you post that video of you dancing
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258482#msg1258482
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2017, 01:42:38 am »
Dragon wins - TTG, andre or Krzy's version?

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258483#msg1258483
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2017, 01:50:59 am »

Only if you post that video of you dancing

I don't know whether to say shots fired or burst out laughing... or both.
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258484#msg1258484
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2017, 02:09:08 am »
Glad to see more votes for icon than for the whole of brawl together.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: Brawl #6 Suggestions & Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63844.msg1258485#msg1258485
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2017, 02:16:12 am »
Glad to see more votes for icon than for the whole of brawl together.

well yeah, brawlers could vote this time :P

Dragon wins - TTG, andre or Krzy's version?

We would like Krzy's edit please!
Thanks all :D
Competitions!

blarg: