*Author

Offline YoungSotTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504012#msg504012
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2012, 04:17:46 am »
Is the only true incentive to keep playing in between major quests just to gather up insane amounts of money? If events and monster things both have a 50% chance of appearing, then at max, you average 375 coins a day just by adventuring. And then the quests...So will the people who kept playing and money grinding be able to easily finish battle's newest quests due to massive supernova chaining or is everyone brought to similar levels at the start of a new major quest?

Current plan is to require a reset to participate in new quests (but make participation optional, so if you prefer you can keep your levels/money).

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504013#msg504013
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2012, 04:19:42 am »
Gameplay stagnates after a while anyway. Reincarnating to do things over again sounds like a nice idea.

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504027#msg504027
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2012, 04:53:57 am »
oh no.... so when I want to join in the new quests, I will lose all my money and levels?? Then what is the point of my playing battle ever since furballn kills the great chimera??
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504028#msg504028
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2012, 04:54:41 am »
oh no.... so when I want to join in the new quests, I will lose all my money and levels?? Then what is the point of my playing battle ever since furballn kills the great chimera??

I think you keep your money when you reset.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504029#msg504029
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2012, 04:55:27 am »
Like I said, there really isn't anything to do until the next major quest comes along.

EDIT: Allowing for keeping money is not a good idea since this just encourages people to keep camping up money and finishing whatever major quest immediately with supernova chains.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:57:54 am by furballdn »

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504184#msg504184
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2012, 10:09:39 am »
then at least make a bank or something. when people sign up for new quest, they will  lose their money and level, say.. but after that the quest is completed, the player regain back their money and level, as well as adding inside the money gained from the quest. say A has 20000 gold and 40 level. if he signed up, they start from zero. but throughtout the quest, he gains 15000 gold and 7 level. after the quest is finished, player A will have 35000 gold and 47 level. at least those hard earned stuff are not wasted. pity players like me and wizy and torb and plus plus..

Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504324#msg504324
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2012, 06:38:59 pm »
If you can't carry money with you as you go do major quests, what is the point of the money?

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504325#msg504325
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »
Like I said, there really isn't anything to do until the next major quest comes along.

EDIT: Allowing for keeping money is not a good idea since this just encourages people to keep camping up money and finishing whatever major quest immediately with supernova chains.

Singularities.

If there was a SNova nerf equivalent here, it'd allow for people to carry money over and not abuse everything else.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504331#msg504331
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »

Singularities.

If there was a SNova nerf equivalent here, it'd allow for people to carry money over and not abuse everything else.
It'd still allow people who ground more prior to have a huge advantage. Starting with 100|100 stats and enough money to keep chaining stone skin or even just buying one SN a rollover allows them way more opportunities than others.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Battle - Misc Feedback and Questions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38850.msg504333#msg504333
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2012, 06:59:47 pm »
Then maybe put even more limitations.

- A cap on money brought over at 5000 gold.
- Once you've reset once, you can only use items up to 6 times a rollover.  This allows new players to chain healing for their first reset.
- Above mentioned Singularity for SNova.

blarg: