*Author

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397367#msg397367
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »
Actually, they were last because of lazy players and/or massive vault penalties (i don't know if these two correlated in any way).
About the pulverizer: I totally agree.
Ouch - I was referring more to Kaker's comment about feeling like he is always running into a counter...

Penalties killed Water in the last War and there is no doubt that unavailable players (I think the term "lazy" might be a bit extreme) killed Gravity's chances.  There is no disputing the effect these factors had.  However, (in the context of Kaker choosing a element based on PvP preference) I think there is a valid argument that some elements have an advantage.

Whether this is as big a factor as penalties and effort (I don't think it is) is beside the point.  Unless you feel all things are currently equal between elements in PvP?
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397459#msg397459
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »
Actually, they were last because of lazy players and/or massive vault penalties (i don't know if these two correlated in any way).
About the pulverizer: I totally agree.
Ouch - I was referring more to Kaker's comment about feeling like he is always running into a counter...

Penalties killed Water in the last War and there is no doubt that unavailable players (I think the term "lazy" might be a bit extreme) killed Gravity's chances.  There is no disputing the effect these factors had.  However, (in the context of Kaker choosing a element based on PvP preference) I think there is a valid argument that some elements have an advantage.

Whether this is as big a factor as penalties and effort (I don't think it is) is beside the point.  Unless you feel all things are currently equal between elements in PvP?
I argued with Kaker's evaluation of the elements. I think :water held its ground for quite a long time, and at one point it was about to take the lead (then suddenly and unexpectedly lost several matches in a round).
:gravity is a strong element, it died definitely from inactivity. About the winner elements, i think :aether is a weak element, yet they shined in the last war, and i think they lost only due to weird circumstances. ( :fire should have died 2 rounds earlier without getting the bye, then suddenly win). People consider :earth a weak element, yet we held our ground, and we made some mistakes without which we would have been even better (though every team made mistakes). So, i think, yeah, some elements may be stronger than others, but the outcome of last war was a result of vault penalties, luck and maybe sometimes other circumstances that shouldn't have even happened.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397465#msg397465
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »
Earth is weak ?? :O For me it is just the element with the best creature (graboids) an awesome weapon (your profile's pic), the shield which prevent the most damage, reusable CC (warden), spot cc (BB), An unique very powerfull card (EQ) and some other good creature even if they are underused because of graboids beeing way better (I mean elite anltion is 4/4 for 2 ! And golem is a solid critter too). it just lack a good PC, something else than pulvy and the elements will be complete I think..

TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397502#msg397502
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »
Earth is weak ?? :O For me it is just the element with the best creature (graboids) an awesome weapon (your profile's pic), the shield which prevent the most damage, reusable CC (warden), spot cc (BB), An unique very powerfull card (EQ) and some other good creature even if they are underused because of graboids beeing way better (I mean elite anltion is 4/4 for 2 ! And golem is a solid critter too). it just lack a good PC, something else than pulvy and the elements will be complete I think..
You mean earthquake? :)
Well, don't try to convince me, i like :earth, but look at the applications. How many people wrote earth as favourite element and how many wrote it is weak.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397503#msg397503
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »
I haven't seen people saying it is weak.
While it might not be favorites, don't see people hating on it.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397695#msg397695
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 05:29:23 am »
Well, don't try to convince me, i like :earth, but look at the applications. How many people wrote earth as favourite element and how many wrote it is weak.
I think you are right and it is surprising to me too!
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg397819#msg397819
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:28 am »
- What's the best card of :gravity? -> The Pulverizer! kehehe :P
Yeah, that really is unfortunate. :earth doesn't have to be sad about Trident - even if we assume Trident to be on par with other weapons, the fact is :earth still has access to the actual Earthquake spell. In :gravity 's case however, losing access to Pulverizer means losing access to a big, awesome CC resource that non-War :gravity decks can usually count on.

kirchj33

Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg399306#msg399306
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
Earth bids:
1 card

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg400707#msg400707
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 04:08:07 pm »
:life
3 cards
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Kakerlake (Gravy, Wadurr) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31158.msg400733#msg400733
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24:33 pm »
Light bids:
5 cards

anything
blarg: