*Author

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: The Lobotomizer Layout https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12804.msg164204#msg164204
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 05:14:47 pm »
Just a note for people with a bit less money. You can use flying weapon with a mark of air and go all pillars/towers. It's a little slower as only 1 lobotomiser can be flown for every turn has passed but in testing it still works.

Offline Gocubbies1212Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: The Lobotomizer Layout https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12804.msg164446#msg164446
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 02:47:42 am »
Usually I say this but since I forgot thanks for saying that
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

Seravy

Re: The Lobotomizer Layout https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12804.msg165218#msg165218
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 03:47:23 pm »
Ok, time for nitpicking again.

The cost of Flying Weapon is 0 Air quanta. This is a duo deck.
0 :air = 0 :darkness = 0 :death = 0 :entropy = 0 :fire = 0 :gravity = 0 :life = 0 anything.
It doesn't matter if you pay with 0 USD, 0 EUR, 0 GBP, or 0 apples, you still paid the same amount : nothing.

There is no difference between paying 0 Air or 0 Aether.
There is no difference between an empty bag that doesn't have any apples in it, and another empty bag that has no bananas in it.
Actually, paying zero of anything, and doing nothing are the same thing as well, but that's a different story.

If the cost determined the element of the card, then Anime Weapon wouldn't have one and would be an "other" card.
This isn't true because it is listed under Air in your deck editor screen, so we can conclude that in elements, the element of a card is not determined by the cost to play it, but instead by how the card frame looks like/ where the card appears in the bazaar.

More importantly, what matters is the definition of a Duo deck.
"A deck that contains cards of two elements" would make this a duo deck.
"A deck that needs two different elements to play cards" would make it a mono.

I think the second definition is better, but that's personal preference.

guolin

Re: The Lobotomizer Layout https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12804.msg165222#msg165222
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 03:58:30 pm »
Ok, time for nitpicking again.

The cost of Flying Weapon is 0 Air quanta. This is a duo deck.
0 :air = 0 :darkness = 0 :death = 0 :entropy = 0 :fire = 0 :gravity = 0 :life = 0 anything.
It doesn't matter if you pay with 0 USD, 0 EUR, 0 GBP, or 0 apples, you still paid the same amount : nothing.

There is no difference between paying 0 Air or 0 Aether.
There is no difference between an empty bag that doesn't have any apples in it, and another empty bag that has no bananas in it.
Actually, paying zero of anything, and doing nothing are the same thing as well, but that's a different story.

If the cost determined the element of the card, then Anime Weapon wouldn't have one and would be an "other" card.
This isn't true because it is listed under Air in your deck editor screen, so we can conclude that in elements, the element of a card is not determined by the cost to play it, but instead by how the card frame looks like/ where the card appears in the bazaar.

More importantly, what matters is the definition of a Duo deck.
"A deck that contains cards of two elements" would make this a duo deck.
"A deck that needs two different elements to play cards" would make it a mono.

I think the second definition is better, but that's personal preference.
The reason why Monos and Duos are classified by the frame is because you're basically dipping out of an element's pool of cards to make your deck work. I personally classify decks using both frames and the way it feels. For example:

Shrieker rush is technically an Earth mono, but it has a Duo "feel" to it. You have to take in consideration two primary quanta pools, which makes it reminiscent of a Duo, but you're only using Earth cards.

This deck is a Duo deck with a Mono "feel" to it. You're only taking from one quanta pool, but you had to dip into Air's cards in order to make this deck have 5 Flying weapons.

A deck like my Eternal Permafrost (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12728.0.html) is technically a Quintet, as I had to use cards from 5 different elements, but it has a Duo "feel" to it, as it primarily only uses Water and Time. Novas only generate quanta, most of which I don't primarily use, and Photon doesn't cost anything and is only for Rewinding purposes. Protect Artifact could make a case for it being a Trio, but since it's only used two times in the game, I really don't use the Earth quanta pool that much, so it doesn't "feel" like I'm using Earth.

Offline Gocubbies1212Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: The Lobotomizer Layout https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=12804.msg165251#msg165251
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 04:59:58 pm »
Well said.     ^

[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

anything
blarg: