*Author

Offline XinefTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg60279#msg60279
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7qb 7qb 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 8pl

Turtle Shield + SoG = win ^-^
Well... not always but if you can rewind momentum and growing creatures and eat butterflies it's quite good for a mono deck.
Pharaohs form your main offense but it might seem as if 6 was too much. It helps though because you want to play one as early as possible and it is needed if you encounter heavy creature control.

Hourglasses are there simply because you can afford to pay some spare :time to hasten the deck and precogs help with finding opponents strategy.

Beats AI5 nicely, easier false gods like Destiny are also beatable, but it's more a deck for fun and a nice show of :time 's power, rather than a good grinder deck, though it's quite fast considering how strong defense it has.

Depending on your target (eg. False Gods) you might want to include more procrastinations and eternities. It's always nice watching Destiny's 22/7 crimson dragon trying to beat through your healing while you wait to draw an eternity.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:35:40 pm by willng3 »
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

RedRevive

Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg60293#msg60293
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:06:54 pm »
Have you found that any CC (Oty, EE, Congeal + Shockwave) have given you trouble?  I like the deck, but with limited defenses against creature control, I'm curious to how you deal with it.

Given that you are a mono  :time, you can always rewind your pharaohs if they're ever in danger, which is nice, but it still slows you down considerably on scarab generation. 

Just my thoughts, but a good looking deck!  40 cards is fine since you've included 3 Electrum Hourglasses and 2 Precogs, which essentially makes this a 38 card deck

sSethia

Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg60313#msg60313
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »
How about replacing the precogs with 2 electrum hourglasses. That will speed up the deck a little bit, considering you have all that time quanta.

• Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg60981#msg60981
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:41:11 pm »
Have you found that any CC (Oty, EE, Congeal + Shockwave) have given you trouble?  I like the deck, but with limited defenses against creature control, I'm curious to how you deal with it.

Given that you are a mono  :time, you can always rewind your pharaohs if they're ever in danger, which is nice, but it still slows you down considerably on scarab generation. 

Just my thoughts, but a good looking deck!  40 cards is fine since you've included 3 Electrum Hourglasses and 2 Precogs, which essentially makes this a 38 card deck
It's obvious that a mono deck has limited arsenal against CC, but with eternity to rewind otys/ulitharinds/squids and 6 Pharaohs I would recommend to play scarabs as often as you can, then play pharaohs with any remaining quanta and only then rewind damaged pharaohs if you still have quanta remaining. You can afford to lose a few pharaohs as long as they manage to produce a few scarabs before dying, and rewinding a pharaoh to play him again not only is extremely expensive, but also slows down your card drawing.
Against otys on the other hand, if you don't have eternity yet to rewind them, you can try to play pharaohs without playing scarabs. Then, when you have a number of these and you finally draw an eternity you can try to produce more scarabs than they can eat while rewinding otys so that you will finally have more scarabs than their HP.
Against quinted otys you should do the trick with producing a single scarab each turn and rewinding it, then when you have enough scarabs in your hand play them, produce a few more and they should be too big to be eaten.
Of course the exact strategy depends on your opponent (eg. if they have rain of fire or plagues you need to be careful, that's where precog comes in handy), but as long as you manage to produce at least 6-7 scarabs you should be able to win against any CC, because rewinding scarabs is much cheaper than rewinding pharaohs ;)

I'll have to test that deck much more though, because I only played it a few times, but I'm quite busy at the moment. If anyone is trying this deck and sees any problems (that can be solved) please comment.

How about replacing the precogs with 2 electrum hourglasses. That will speed up the deck a little bit, considering you have all that time quanta.
You don't need that many hourglasses, because this deck does not rely on combos that need a number of cards to work. Whether your starting hand has a pharaoh or two, an eternity, a turtle shield, an hourglass or a few SoGs, all is good as long as you have enough towers too, which shouldn't be a problem.
The deck in fact is very heavy on quanta because pharaohs, eternity and hourglasses all have an ability you want to use each turn. In fact hourglasses only help if you need some card like eternity or turtle shield, or you need some more pharaohs due to creature control, but if you already have the cards you need you can usually spend your quanta better on scarab production and rewinding rather than playing additional hourglasses ;)
Also (at least in an upgraded deck) precogs are not a card to be replaced, but rather added almost for free. With almost half of the deck being time towers, when you play a precog it's very probable to draw a tower, so it's almost as if the card was free. Precogs are here not to speed up the deck, but to gain strategic information about your opponents hand.

EDIT:
I tried the deck with an addition of 6 upped sundials and it seems to help quite often. You cannot use them to draw additional cards, but you can heal, use hourglasses, produce scarabs, eat creatures, protect a creature from gravity pull, permafrost or turtle shield... etc.

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg76769#msg76769
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:04:40 pm »
 I just made a similar deck but a little less Pharaoh-oriented and with some heavy hitters . Precognitions is for seeing if you can play Dragons or must prefer Pharaos  ^-^

Code: [Select]
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q8 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qc 7qc 7qc
The Owls are not what they seem.

• Fluttershy's samurai
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg76807#msg76807
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:47:27 pm »
I'd definitely add another turtle shield and another eternity. Drawing these early helps a lot, and it might help against limited permanent control.

What is your decks aim? AI5? PvP?

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg76824#msg76824
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:28:48 pm »
I think that my decks aim is not very different from yours  ^-^.  Maybe some Rewinds can compensate another Eternity and the quickness of the deck can compensate another Turtle. But sure, another shield is not bad either.
The Owls are not what they seem.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg83140#msg83140
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 08:27:57 pm »
I might just make this deck
never done mono-time before! :P

however I have no upgraded cards except 2 SoG
would this work unupgraded and with only 2 shards?

• Fluttershy's samurai
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg83267#msg83267
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »

SoGs are quite vital for the deck (with 6 SoGs and a procrastination you can effectively block 60 damage each turn, with 2 it will be 20 damage). Still, you might try using it against AI5 unupgraded and you should still win more than half of the battles (I guess). It all depends on if you can eternity-lock your opponent early, if you draw those 2 SoGs early, if you draw procrastination, if he has deflags/steal etc...

Also, upgrading hourglasses helps a lot, but with a mono time you might be able to pay the increased cost, but still, it's the second thing to upgrade.

You have 6 pharaohs, right? Then good luck and have fun :) Remember it's not a deck designed for fast grinding, but rather for fun. I like designing mono-time that stands a chance against FGs, even if not great and slow.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg83297#msg83297
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:21 pm »

SoGs are quite vital for the deck (with 6 SoGs and a procrastination you can effectively block 60 damage each turn, with 2 it will be 20 damage). Still, you might try using it against AI5 unupgraded and you should still win more than half of the battles (I guess). It all depends on if you can eternity-lock your opponent early, if you draw those 2 SoGs early, if you draw procrastination, if he has deflags/steal etc...

Also, upgrading hourglasses helps a lot, but with a mono time you might be able to pay the increased cost, but still, it's the second thing to upgrade.

You have 6 pharaohs, right? Then good luck and have fun :) Remember it's not a deck designed for fast grinding, but rather for fun. I like designing mono-time that stands a chance against FGs, even if not great and slow.
well I was wondering - but I think it requires the full set to do :/
I will wait till I have a myriad of upgraded cards before I do this - and also a key part of this deck is the healing so 2 SoG isn't going to cut it :/
And no I only have 4 >_< but they are easy to get off of t50 - I know which one's are the pharaoh farms :D

• Fluttershy's samurai
Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg83315#msg83315
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:23 pm »
Right... I just noticed in your signature ;)

So, good luck and I hope (no pun intended) you'll find a lot of time strategies in the future... and in the past ^_^

Plight

Re: Pharaohs Gratitude https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5897.msg88788#msg88788
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »
not bad at all.I love those Pharaoh lot. im about doing that with I deck.

blarg: Xinef