*Author

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409541#msg409541
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 12:02:51 pm »
I like it much. It can protect pilars from earthquakes and shard stacks, weapons and shields from explotions and steals as it can make oponent's perms unusable. The only thing i don't like much is that there aren't sooo many actuve skilled permanents to be used as PC. I mean: Hourglasses, Eternity, Pulvy, Eagle Eye, UG, Catapult, and sundial (ok, no one would use this on a sundial). The pro thing about PC is that, if it works, you entirely break the oponent's deck strategy.
Conclution: Armory please!
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409782#msg409782
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 08:24:48 pm »
I think this is a really cool card.  I hadn't seen it before now, but I probably would have suggested making it cost 3//2.  It's a very nice way of giving life a card to control permanents, but only some permanents and only in a soft way, as well as giving them a way to actually protect permanents.  The versatility of this thing is amazing; facing graboid/quicksand?  Slap this on your own towers.  Facing rainbow control?  Drop it on an hourglass.  Pulverizer being a thorn in the side?  No problem!

Here's a technical question for you, though.  Suppose you play this on a weapon (or a shield) and then the owner of that weapon plays a new weapon without destroying the vines.  Will the vines be on the new weapon, or will they disappear?

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409796#msg409796
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »
I think this is a really cool card.  I hadn't seen it before now, but I probably would have suggested making it cost 3//2.  It's a very nice way of giving life a card to control permanents, but only some permanents and only in a soft way, as well as giving them a way to actually protect permanents.  The versatility of this thing is amazing; facing graboid/quicksand?  Slap this on your own towers.  Facing rainbow control?  Drop it on an hourglass.  Pulverizer being a thorn in the side?  No problem!

Here's a technical question for you, though.  Suppose you play this on a weapon (or a shield) and then the owner of that weapon plays a new weapon without destroying the vines.  Will the vines be on the new weapon, or will they disappear?
I wouldn't put it over my hourglass. If I do that, i can't use it anymore xD

About the 2nd question... Both options are cool but one must be chosen.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409797#msg409797
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »
Well, I meant the opponent's hourglass, not your own! :p  That would be a rather silly play in 99.99% of games.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409801#msg409801
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 08:42:15 pm »
Deflagration was nerfed. Since this was balanced partially in reference to Deflagration it should increase in cost as well. 3 :life|2 :life
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • The weird Voodoo guy
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409803#msg409803
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 08:44:42 pm »
Deflagration was nerfed. Since this was balanced partially in reference to Deflagration it should increase in cost as well. 3 :life|2 :life
As deflag was nrefed, there is room to distingue "heavy PC" and "soft PC". Deflag costs 3|2 and it's heave PC (destroys, no going back). This is soft PC and it's OK to cost 2|1. Correct me if I'm wrong with this.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409809#msg409809
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:30 pm »
As deflag was nrefed, there is room to distingue "heavy PC" and "soft PC". Deflag costs 3|2 and it's heave PC (destroys, no going back). This is soft PC and it's OK to cost 2|1. Correct me if I'm wrong with this.
This is Soft PC & Soft Anti PC.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • The weird Voodoo guy
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409831#msg409831
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:32 pm »
This is Soft PC & Soft Anti PC.
I hate when you are always right.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409848#msg409848
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »
I am not always right, but when I am it is because I learned from the community.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg409899#msg409899
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:31 pm »
Looking at wizelsnarf's profile, I'd say this is not going to be changed at all in the foreseeable future.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Kurohami

Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg424088#msg424088
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:05 am »
Wow, I love this idea, good work best one I've seen in a while, + karma (or whatever it is now called), and looks quite balanced too. Also fits into the theme so nicely. Yeah, I think this would be a great addition to elements if it's not too difficult to code.

Edit: hmm, how does the new karma system work...

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Vines | Vines https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18812.msg424089#msg424089
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2011, 04:46:21 am »
Love this card - probably my favorite card I've ever seen come through the Card Idea section of the forums.

blarg: