*Author

Midnar

Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg273787#msg273787
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 09:23:45 am »
Wow ! I *really* love the idea. It's the shield all Entropy Elementals have ever been wanting :D

A few thoughts:
A random chance to reflect spells is way too evil; therefore Jade Shield and Mirror Shield should not be part of the "possible shield effects" list. Furthermore, the description suggests that random shield effects are only applied to attacking creatures, in which case Jade Shield and Mirror Shield are nothing but vanilla shields, making it useless to include them.
About Bone Wall and Hope: both of them aren't real shields (just look at the illustrations) and both of them need a fuel that will most likely not be present in a Prismatic Field deck. Imitating Hope would be useless, and imitating Bone Wall would destroy the Prismatic Shield (unless you get free unlimited charges, which would be OP). So Bone Wall and Hope shouldn't be imitated either.
Wings: not a real shield either, and removing it from the possible effects would leave exactly one shield of each element to imitate, which sounds nifty to me.

The remaining 12 shields have an average casting cost of 4.75 unupgraded and 4 upgraded. This makes the 5 | 4 cost of Prismatic Shield perfectly balanced imo.

Let's dream: you have an upgraded prismatic shield on, and opponent's side is filled with 23 malignant cells. On an average turn, you take 5 damage (allowing you to stall with a single SoG) ; 2 cells are killed by a fire shield effect and immediately replaced as the next cell attacks (unless the last cell died) ; you gain 2 light quantas, but loose 2 random quantas ; and with the buff of skull buckler, one malignant cell will turn into a skeleton. These numbers are only theoretical means, and are slighlty rounded up.

I would give you Karma for this wonderful card idea, but I have no clue how this karma system works  :P

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg273853#msg273853
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:31 pm »
A random chance to reflect spells is way too evil; therefore Jade Shield and Mirror Shield should not be part of the "possible shield effects" list. Furthermore, the description suggests that random shield effects are only applied to attacking creatures, in which case Jade Shield and Mirror Shield are nothing but vanilla shields, making it useless to include them.
Meh, they're still useful. It's something else Zanz and/or the author should decide. Would it have a chance of avoid Deflagration? Would it have a chance to reflect Fire Bolts? Is reasonable, since the shield is balanced upon the cost of the other shields, so it takes in account the cost of having a reflective effect.

About Bone Wall and Hope: both of them aren't real shields (just look at the illustrations) and both of them need a fuel that will most likely not be present in a Prismatic Field deck. Imitating Hope would be useless, and imitating Bone Wall would destroy the Prismatic Shield (unless you get free unlimited charges, which would be OP). So Bone Wall and Hope shouldn't be imitated either.
Bone Wall is kinda shield :P
The fact that they are situational doesn't mean that they are unuseful. Bone Wall would block one attack (one charge), unless all the creatures happen to -damn RNG- hit a Bone Wall, so it's "infinite charges" aren't OP (with a unneccesary slight change in balance).

Wings: not a real shield either, and removing it from the possible effects would leave exactly one shield of each element to imitate, which sounds nifty to me.
Meh, they block or avoid damage (Hope and Bone Wall too) but it's just thematic discussion. It would block any non-flying creature. Not complicated, not OP.

Let's dream: you have an upgraded prismatic shield on, and opponent's side is filled with 23 malignant cells. On an average turn, you take 5 damage (allowing you to stall with a single SoG) ; 2 cells are killed by a fire shield effect and immediately replaced as the next cell attacks (unless the last cell died) ; you gain 2 light quantas, but loose 2 random quantas ; and with the buff of skull buckler, one malignant cell will turn into a skeleton. These numbers are only theoretical means, and are slighlty rounded up.
I think this is both a good and a bad example... With an upped reflective shield you'll do it better and you won't need any SoG, so I don't know what you mean. Also, the skull shield only turns creatures into skeletons with less than 50% chance (depending on hp) and when the creatures succeed in the attack.

Wow ! I *really* love the idea. It's the shield all Entropy Elementals have ever been wanting :D
I agree :D

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg274006#msg274006
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »
Hope is okay, there's no reason to not include it in the effects. Even if you get the nothing blocked or 1 damage blocked, there's still the effect happening there.

Bonewall is okay because it is balanced by instability. The current cost is slightly above the average, based on the potential with things like Bonewall and Phase shield. Since they are both infinite, but have a low chance of occuring, then it bumps the cost of the shield a bit.

Wings, I see absolutely no reason to remove it. It's an awesome shield and it gives another point of instability.

The reflect/immaterial statuses are up to Zanz. It would be cool to have a random reflect/undestroyable effect, but it isn't really necessary for the shield to function as necessary.

darkfrogger

Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg275914#msg275914
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 01:26:00 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Capitalize 'Shield' in the 'Type' section of your table for the upped card, and fix the pluralization discrepancy in the Text section of the upgraded card idea (it should read "Attacking creatures take the effects...")

I can imagine the following scenario playing out and irritating the hell out of an enemy player against this shield:

All creatures miss - a Sapphire Charger misses because it's not airborne (fails against Wings), while a Ruby Dragon misses because of Phase Shield (invulnerability), and a Lava Golem misses because it has grown out of the shield's range (Gravity Shield). Phase Recluse is played, and gets frozen by the Permafrost effect, and the following Graboid misses because of the Fog Shield effect, etc.

^^; complicated, but interesting nonetheless.
Bro, the sapphire charger would just ignore the shield entirely.

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg276008#msg276008
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:50 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-Capitalize 'Shield' in the 'Type' section of your table for the upped card, and fix the pluralization discrepancy in the Text section of the upgraded card idea (it should read "Attacking creatures take the effects...")

I can imagine the following scenario playing out and irritating the hell out of an enemy player against this shield:

All creatures miss - a Sapphire Charger misses because it's not airborne (fails against Wings), while a Ruby Dragon misses because of Phase Shield (invulnerability), and a Lava Golem misses because it has grown out of the shield's range (Gravity Shield). Phase Recluse is played, and gets frozen by the Permafrost effect, and the following Graboid misses because of the Fog Shield effect, etc.

I think Wings don't mind. Go check it in trainer. (I didn't ever confirmed this, but I think I believe in a Card Curator)

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg276048#msg276048
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 03:45:24 am »
Hm. I don't think all the creatures should take an effect; that would be OP in certain cases. Some attacks should go through without difficulties. How about: "Attacking creatures has 80% to take a random shield effect"?

I LOVE the idea though. It couldn't get more Entropic than this. XD
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg276306#msg276306
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »
Hm. I don't think all the creatures should take an effect; that would be OP in certain cases. Some attacks should go through without difficulties. How about: "Attacking creatures has 80% to take a random shield effect"?

I LOVE the idea though. It couldn't get more Entropic than this. XD
The cost is already balanced to make sure every effect you take will be OK. If you could try it a million times, I believe you'll see it (unless the RNG god hated/liked you much).

• Legendary Member
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg276549#msg276549
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »
There is still a significant chance that the shield will do nothing.

Unupped Hope will do nothing in some cases. Wings will do nothing in some cases. Gravity shield will do nothing in some cases. Unupped Reflective Shield will do nothing. Fog and Dusk Shields both have chances to do nothing.

I don't think that giving it even more chance to nothing on top of that is necessary.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg276556#msg276556
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 09:33:15 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT

All creatures miss - a Sapphire Charger Armagio misses because it's not airborne (fails against Wings), while a Ruby Dragon misses because of Phase Shield (invulnerability), and a Lava Golem misses because it has grown out of the shield's range (Gravity Shield). Phase Recluse is played, and gets frozen by the Permafrost effect, and the following Graboid misses because of the Fog Shield effect, etc.

I think Wings don't mind. Go check it in trainer. (I didn't ever confirmed this, but I think I believe in a Card Curator)
Actually he's correct. Complete brain fart on my part. XP I meant to say Armagio, so oops. ^^;

HeartNotes

Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg287246#msg287246
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 01:15:42 am »
Cooool! What a neat idea, and way better than Dissipation Field!  :P

• Legendary Member
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg288408#msg288408
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »
Armory!  8)

Offline Ekki

• Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Prismatic Field | Prismatic Wall https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14213.msg288418#msg288418
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 11:06:28 pm »
Armory!  8)
Hell yeah! I knew this card would do it :D

I agree :D
As I said, I REALLY like the idea
I think I will vote it if you take it to Crucible, I REALLY like the idea [...]
I love the idea.
:P

anything
blarg: