*Author

Offline waterzxTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480286#msg480286
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »
NAME:
Green Wizard
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
6 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6 | 4
TEXT:
When this card is active (neither delayed nor frozen), all healing effects increase by 20% (rounded up).
NAME:
Green Sorcerer
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
6 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7 | 4
TEXT:
When this card is active (neither delayed nor frozen), all healing effects increase by 30% (rounded up).

ART:
Slight modification from : http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Wizard.jpg
IDEA:
Waterzx
NOTES:
:life always lacks a mid-hitter. Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer not only fills this role but also brings a cool ability to game.

For Green Wizard, if you have a Sanctuary, it will heal you for 5 HP every turn instead of 4. If you use Heal, it will heal you for 24 HP instead of 20. Green Sorcerer gives 10% more healing bonus.

The only exception which this card cannot affect will be miracle because it doesn't "heal", it "sets" your HP to a certain amount.

The effect is non-cumulative and affects opponent as well. And the ability can be lobotomized.

The card art is impressive, isn't it ?
SERIES:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:08:21 am by waterzx »

Offline AnnaMall

• AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.AnnaMall is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • 2 SN and Lightning sitting there
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480289#msg480289
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »
Does Sod count as heal too?

• waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480292#msg480292
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:16 pm »
Does Sod count as heal too?
Anything that increases your HP is heal (except Miracle). So even antimatter is healing.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480412#msg480412
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:43:39 pm »
Interesting and clever. I've not seen this before. Posting to keep track.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480426#msg480426
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »
Very cool. I like the artwork too. Do you have plans to make similar cards for the other elements?

Also, does the bonus healing count toward stone skin as well? I.e. if i would normally get +60 max hp will I instead get +75... Will this allow the bonus hp to exceed the 75 point cap on the card?
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480433#msg480433
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:05:03 pm »
The upgrade is probably too small. (+1/5 the skill value)
The unupped probably should cost more. (unless the skill value is less than 1/2)
-> Green Wizard should cost 6 :life
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• New to Elements
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480673#msg480673
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:37:43 am »
Very cool. I like the artwork too. Do you have plans to make similar cards for the other elements?

Also, does the bonus healing count toward stone skin as well? I.e. if i would normally get +60 max hp will I instead get +75... Will this allow the bonus hp to exceed the 75 point cap on the card?
Thanks for the support. And stone skin is also a kind of healing so it will get benefits from Green Wizard. To be honest, Stone Skin is my major concern when deciding the magnitude of healing bonus.

And yes, you could get pass the 75 HP limit of stone skin using this card.

The unupped probably should cost more. (unless the skill value is less than 1/2)
As for the upgraded version, would 30% be nice ? My only concern with the percentage is Stone Skin.

And if I raise the healing bonus of upgraded version, should I keep the slightly increased attack of it ? Or it should change back to 6, equal to the normal one ?

Interesting and clever. I've not seen this before. Posting to keep track.
I got this idea from a RPG flash game (Monster Den). There are equipment which gives healing bonus to characters, I just borrow the idea.

I'm surprised that no one mentions vampire. I forgot to clarify that vampire will not get bonus in attack but the healing provided by vampire will increase because of this card.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:40:40 am by waterzx »

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480731#msg480731
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 02:49:48 am »
I don't think stone skin is that huge of a problem.  It is really only used monoearths and deckout decks.  In monoearth there is no life quanta for this, and SS decout decks usually don't have creatures, which means there is nothing to draw CC.  4 HP isn't really CC resistant.  500 hp stalls are light/stone, and really don't include life quanta. 
As to the mechanic, would this also work for the damagin portion of Holy light? Would using HL on a sosac do more than 10 damage?
My signature is too messy to read >.<

• New to Elements
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480738#msg480738
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:08:04 am »
As to the mechanic, would this also work for the damagin portion of Holy light? Would using HL on a sosac do more than 10 damage?
Yes, it will increase, because there are two separate mechanics. Green Wizard increases the healing, then SoSac inverts the numbers.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480743#msg480743
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 03:13:04 am »
Yes, it will increase, because there are two separate mechanics. Green Wizard increases the healing, then SoSac inverts the numbers.

Ok, along that, will it do increased damage to death/darkness creatures? 
My signature is too messy to read >.<

• New to Elements
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480765#msg480765
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 04:04:48 am »

I think it depends on the game code. If Holy Light on  :death  :darkness creatures is considered "negative healing", then the damage will increase. If Holy Light on  :death :darkness creatures is considered "direct damage", then the damage won't be affected.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Green Wizard | Green Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38591.msg480860#msg480860
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 09:26:47 am »

It should not support elemental hate. Holy Light deals damage to death/darkness creatures. This only increases healing.

As for the upgraded version, would 30% be nice ? My only concern with the percentage is Stone Skin.

And if I raise the healing bonus of upgraded version, should I keep the slightly increased attack of it ? Or it should change back to 6, equal to the normal one ?
[X] is being used to represent an unknown constant value.

6|4 stats are worth 5 :life + 1card. This has a skill value of [X]. This costs 5 :life +1 card unupped for 6|4 stats. The unupped only pays for a skill with a value 0 to 0.5. If the skill value is worth more than 0.5 then the unupped needs a slight nerf.

The skill is 20% unupped. This has a skill value of [X]. Upgrades are worth 1-2. 6|4 stats are worth 5 :life + 1card. 7|4 stats are worth 6 :life + 1 card. An increase from 20% to 30% is worth +[X]/2. The increase from 20% to 30% is only a worthwhile upgrade if the skill value [X] = 2.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: