*Author

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg177766#msg177766
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 06:07:26 pm »
Pillars and pendula aside, we need to think about what are the best cards for us from OTHER elements.

1.  Aether has no permanent control whatsoever.  To access steal, deflagration, butterfly effect, we need to incorporate those elements (likely through our mark) and think about what other cards within those elements we might also want (keeping decks duo).

2.  Since half our decks will need to be :aether , you can bet other elements will be planning accordingly.  We want to maximize the efficiency of the cards we HAVE to use.
-Phase shield decks will be countered with steal, deflagration, momentum or quanta denial.  Enchant Artifact is one solution.
-Parallel universe doesn't have a lot of targets within :aether , so we'll want to match up these cards with either inexpensive, midrange hitters from other elements or hope the opponent has creatures we can target.
-Lobotomizer is a great weapon, but we'll have to match it up against the right decks.  Like taking away momentum in our phase shield decks or against vampire, growth in our other decks.

3.  We may need a rainbow-like deck for the inevitable discord we will face.  An early discord means delayed phase shields and no aether creatures (too expensive).  A rainbow deck with low cost hitters + quint to avoid CC may be workable, but I haven't found one yet (think about quinted forest spirit for growth potential).  Novas will probably go in this deck in case we don't face an early discord and need a quick supply of quanta.

[More to come--have to go]
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg177814#msg177814
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 06:35:51 pm »
Pillars and pendula aside, we need to think about what are the best cards for us from OTHER elements.

1.  Aether has no permanent control whatsoever.  To access steal, deflagration, butterfly effect, we need to incorporate those elements (likely through our mark) and think about what other cards within those elements we might also want (keeping decks duo).

2.  Since half our decks will need to be :aether , you can bet other elements will be planning accordingly.  We want to maximize the efficiency of the cards we HAVE to use.
-Phase shield decks will be countered with steal, deflagration, momentum or quanta denial.  Enchant Artifact is one solution.
-Parallel universe doesn't have a lot of targets within :aether , so we'll want to match up these cards with either inexpensive, midrange hitters from other elements or hope the opponent has creatures we can target.
-Lobotomizer is a great weapon, but we'll have to match it up against the right decks.  Like taking away momentum in our phase shield decks or against vampire, growth in our other decks.

3.  We may need a rainbow-like deck for the inevitable discord we will face.  An early discord means delayed phase shields and no aether creatures (too expensive).  A rainbow deck with low cost hitters + quint to avoid CC may be workable, but I haven't found one yet (think about quinted forest spirit for growth potential).  Novas will probably go in this deck in case we don't face an early discord and need a quick supply of quanta.

[More to come--have to go]
for the rainbow i think i should take it as im gonna be the only one with access to snova so im thinking spectres, grabs, and altough most people disagree i like fire spirits in one

Offline Dragoon1140

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Dragoon1140 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • New to Elements
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg177902#msg177902
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 08:31:48 pm »
I didn't realize the limit of in-element cards was changed from 18 to 24.  What is our total card count?
Thus, I say we pack:

75(?) - Pillar
25 - Pendulum
24 - Dimensional Shield
24 - D. Dragon
18 - Lightning
18 - Immortal
12 - PU
12 - Fractal
12 - Lobo
6 - Mindgate
6 - Quint
---
6 - Protect Artifact
6 - Devourer
6 - Frog
6 - Sundial
6 - Deflag
6 - Steal

Obviously, change to suit the decks we decide to use.
Else known as "JonTheBon"

I also make videos and stuff.

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178050#msg178050
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 02:36:18 am »
75(?) - Pillar
25 - Pendulum
That will give us 8-9 Pillars and 2-3 Pendulums each.  Or 2-3 decks with Pendulums and 6-7 deck mono-Aether (mark any).  With 50% of the vault not being :aether, I think we should run something closer to:

50-55 :aether Pillars
60-65 :aether Pendulums

Even if you are running a mono deck, 2 stacks is better vs Earthquake.

IMO, the best from each element that would work for PvP. 

Note: All decks do not have to be duo-Aether/something, we can go mono-Aether for one deck, and duo something/something else for another.

:air Fog Shield, Wings, Wyrm

:darkness Steal, Devourer, Vampire

:death Poison

:earth Graboid, Enchant Artifact, Earthquake

:entropy Lycanthrope, Antimatter, Discord, Butterfly Effect (doesn't work in non-upped mono-Entropy decks)

:fire Fire Bolt, Deflagration, Rain of Fire, Fire Spirit, Lava Golem, Phoenix, just about all really...

:gravity Sapphire Charger, Black Hole

:life Horned Frog, Forest Spirit, Heal, Adrenline

:light Blessing, Miracle

:time Sundial, Eternity, Anubis (might work very well for us)

:water Blue Crawler, Freeze, Mind Flayer, Purify, Ice Shield

Offline Boingo

• Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178081#msg178081
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 04:53:49 am »
That will give us 8-9 Pillars and 2-3 Pendulums each.  Or 2-3 decks with Pendulums and 6-7 deck mono-Aether (mark any).  With 50% of the vault not being :aether, I think we should run something closer to:
I know it's a minor point, but we don't have to limit the deck to 50% non-aether--we can't have more than 50% non-aether, but we could have less.

for the rainbow i think i should take it as im gonna be the only one with access to snova so im thinking spectres, grabs, and altough most people disagree i like fire spirits in one
You can run a rainbow deck without Supernovas  (don't forget quantum pillars after all.) 

Here's an example of a 50% aether "rainbow" without SNovas or quantum pillars.  It's something I threw together quickly, so not nearly optimizedd but it beats AI3 more often than not.  It helps to have nova x2 in first round or so, and actually does better if you get your discord stolen (since it redistributes the quanta for you.) That said, it packs some perm control and creature control too.  It won't win any awards, but I doubt many opponents are expecting a rainbow from aether.
Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 590 5c1 5c1 5f6 5f6 5i7 5i7 5if 5og 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 621 621 621
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline Toimu13

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Toimu13 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thread Necromancer
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178294#msg178294
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:46 pm »
I know it's a minor point, but we don't have to limit the deck to 50% non-aether--we can't have more than 50% non-aether, but we could have less.
Vault building rules:
- at least 50% of cards have to be from your element
- maximum of 24 per card from your element (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- maximum of 12 per card from other elements (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- no Shards
I was speaking about the vault.  Decks (well 2-3) can be 100% non-Aether if we want.  We just have to balance it out by running 2-3 decks 100% :aether.  And that might be a really great idea vs some elements.

Offline Boingo

Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178313#msg178313
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 03:07:58 pm »
My typing fail--i meant to say we don't have to have 50% of our vault be non-aether (not just decks)--we could have 40% non-aether, for example.   I think if we focus on decks that will win first round and matching up the decks well with the likely opponent decks, we can pick up some good cards from opponent's too.

Do we want quantum pillars?  They may help in some situations (rainbow decks, holding off devourers, if we do a mutant/fate egg deck).
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178422#msg178422
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 05:19:40 pm »
some ppl have talked of it a bit, but a combo of devourer with fractal can be deadly and it's a deck I use a lot, I add a few drain life and most importantly, my black nymph and it's a great recipe :)   So those must be includes!

Offline Boingo

Re: Vault https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=13761.msg178473#msg178473
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 06:33:45 pm »
some ppl have talked of it a bit, but a combo of devourer with fractal can be deadly and it's a deck I use a lot, I add a few drain life and most importantly, my black nymph and it's a great recipe :)   So those must be includes!
sounds like a good idea--can you post the deck in the Decks for review thread?  thanks!
Bring back Holy Cow!

anything
blarg: