*Author

Active members:
assassim(1) Ender241(1) Uncle Jellyfish(1) Delreich(1) 10 men(1) Guenwhyever(1) JPhoenix925(1) kriel(1) Feeres(1) darkfrogger(1) Demagog(1) Draco(1) killfer8(1) hermantheowl(1) Elentar(1) Krzysiek K.(1) Avenger(1) omgarm(1) xazncluelessx(1) yaladilae(1) Core(1) lordfraction(1) Downsociety(1) Epidj(1) havacookie(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) Bender74d(1) ropo(1) sheno13(1) xonepartlost(1) Shiva(1) sSethia(1) Innominate(1) 1chase1997(1) lolwut(1) deathalo44(1) caleron0(1) Penguinpwns(1) Dr.David(1) Istari.(1) 7wavemaster(1) Stinks(1) Sunstar(1) waterchainsawman(1) vicdad999999(1) pwnator(1) Toimu13(1) dodong(1) LongDono(1) Jacky_nimble(1) EvaRia(1) Shrink(1) TheIdioticIdiot(1) dragono(1) Skau(1) Asmius(1) jman2v(1) card master(1) lskpiano(1) Spiraler(1) hell_maker_2943(1) wildgoldenpk(1) YawnChainHow(1) Whoopin(1) ViralDrake(1) taker(1) Pkmn31337(1) Rotag(1) n00b(1) moonlighting(1) Grassmelody(1) ayoth(1) stancho(1) aqwsz0(1) Xenocidius(1) shigi(1) Acacia Avenue(1) ch987(1) mradamant(1) john12306(1) Nathan11101(1) mikpj(1) frimax(1) talons132117(1) ryno3no(1) Offliine(1) blackposin(1) mixeddefense(1) icybraker(2) castroviz(2) wolfin(2) wolfcrazy(2) dimondghost(2) Mastermind79(2) xdude(2) cfreddy(2) gamma1013(2) thekillergame(2) kmail127(2) RGX521(2) WhiteTigerShiro(2) doomgaze(2) s0laris(2) 7_Deadly_Sins(2) th1s1sr4nd0m(2) 9jacob4(2) WisperingWind(2) omegareaper7(2) vidurkhanna(2) willng3(2) druidnia(2) moosemunch(2) OzzJr(2) Higurashi(2) Xiahou Dun(3) sinez(3) genraenera(3) Djhopper :)(3) icecoldbro(3) ddevans96(3) PaulWog(3) Malao(3) elemaster(4) draven848(4) Snopel(5) furballdn(5) arles(6) pikachufan2164(8) TheForbiddenOracle(9) Essence(10) Ant-n-ero(12)

Delreich

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg27511#msg27511
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 09:54:31 am »
The only gravity decks that can play Pulverizer are earth decks.

castroviz

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28195#msg28195
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 09:01:51 pm »
Wow, this is an awesome deck... I had seen it before, and thought it was kind of simple and I would run out of cards often. I also thought it lacked damage and it would suck that I couldn't use my eternitys (have 2  :D). But I haven't lost so far at this lvl with this deck (5-0)

wolfin

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28620#msg28620
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 06:38:15 am »
Alright, I used this on the AI5 Farming Challenge (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1876.0.html).. Here are the results:

Start: 381 electrum, 151 wins, 28 losses, 1433 score
End: 423 electrum, 163 wins, 42 losses, 1466 score - 1x Owl Eye, 1x Ulitharid, 1x Poison
Difference: 42 electrum, 12 wins, 14 losses, 33 score... +1325 if I sold the cards.
Ratio: 0.857:1

Now, I'm not going to sell the rare cards, so I either suck butt with this deck or got really unlucky.. a lot  :(

I only decked out once. The things that I found to be the most damaging to me were, worst first:

Flame Shield... I didn't even bother trying if they got it up relatively early.
Ice Shield
Dusk Shield
Diamond Shield
Titanium Shield
Fog Shield
Deflagrate/Pulverize (and Steal to a lesser extent)
Earthquake/Quicksand
Momentum/Chargers
Poisoned before getting a shield up

castroviz

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28628#msg28628
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 07:02:03 am »
I didnt make this deck, but I've used it for a while now... And this is what I can tell you from my point of view:

It's a really simple deck so it has is obvious flaws.
I haven't found a cheaper (even close) deck that can win with a higher % than this one at this level.
Its fun (At least seeing my shields hold all the damage entertains me)
There will be some fights you dont have chance, but thats based on luck on my opinion.
I've gotten beaten by weak decks and I've kicked butt with some really strong decks just by getting the cards I needed.

Flame Shield

... With flame shield what I do is I wait till I can put up at least 2 dragons (I also traded one pillar for 1 dragon for more damage) and then I start putting the dragons out, is just a matter of what shields resist more.

Ice Shield
                         ...I use more immortals with this shield, I just think its better having 4-6 immortals out than 2-3 dragons with this shield.

Dusk Shield

... same as above, but this one is harder.

Fog Shield

This one can get desperate but its not that hard.

Deflagrate/Pulverize (and Steal to a lesser extent)

I hate them... period..

Poisoned before getting a shield up
On an all I've discovered that sometimes is better to wait a few turns before putting your shields up, have all 6 dragons on this deck for max damage.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28691#msg28691
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:10:45 pm »
Regarding Pulverizer, while it's true that every deck that contains them can theoretically use them, the AI has a pretty weird way of playing them. Instead of going for the optimal route, which would be to just kill any shield we put up on sight, it often elects to sandbag its gravity quanta, leaving your shield untouched. I have not been able to find out what exactly the mechanisms are that trigger the ability, but I have witnessed games where the opponent just sat on his Pulvy with like 12 grav. quanta in his pool and didn't do anything.

Also, I don't know if I have to explicitly mention this, but if you manage to pick up one or two Lobotomizers from somewhere, you should put them in immediatly. They're just strictly better than Immortal due to the better damage/cost ratio and the fact that the opponent can waste Deflagration/Steal on them.
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

wolfin

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28879#msg28879
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 01:43:54 am »
Also, I don't know if I have to explicitly mention this, but if you manage to pick up one or two Lobotomizers from somewhere, you should put them in immediatly. They're just strictly better than Immortal due to the better damage/cost ratio and the fact that the opponent can waste Deflagration/Steal on them.
I happened to win one while farming, and I just threw it in ontop for 31 cards. Is there any reason why I should take out an Immortal to make "room" for it?

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg28881#msg28881
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:54:06 am »
I happened to win one while farming, and I just threw it in ontop for 31 cards. Is there any reason why I should take out an Immortal to make "room" for it?
One word: consistency.

Since this deck has no way of drawing extra cards, you'll want to make every draw count. Having a lower card count will help you draw the cards you need, when you need them.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg29267#msg29267
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:15:38 am »
Flame Shield... I didn't even bother trying if they got it up relatively early.
What a horrible mistake.  Every Immortal you play is worth 12 damage, and every Phase Dragon is worth 48 damage.  All it takes is 4 Dragons and an Immortal to kill a 200 HP opponent -- and only Gravity/Fire and Life/Fire Halfbloods (what, four out of 144) play both Fire Shield and have healing, so it's not like you have to worry much about any more than 200 HP in any given match. 

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Guenwhyever

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg29666#msg29666
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 09:53:59 am »
Been using this deck so I decided to post my results!

17 wins
8 loses
25 games total

Card won: Ice Lance, Unstable Gas, Elite Queen, Morning Star

-----

W, W-Ice Lance!
L, W-Unstable Gas
W-Elite Queen!
W, W, W, W, W, W, W, L, L, W, L, L, L, W, L, W, W, W-Morning Star
L, W

-----

JPhoenix925

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg30449#msg30449
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:48:35 pm »
I'm seeming to fall into the unlucky category with this deck. I've achieved about 45% success with HBs. However, I have gotten 100% vs lvl3 so far, which has also yielded me an eternity. I'll keep going trying it out w/ HBs for a lil while.

Later Edit:  Ok, so I'm playing better w/ HBs now. Have about 80% wins on them now. Woot. And finally won an upgraded Hourglass for my Rainbow deck. Thanks! :)  After playing with mono-fire for a while grinding lvl3s I had to learn how to play this one.

kriel

Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg30716#msg30716
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »
This deck is working pretty well for me. I've been tweaking it abit (trade a dragon for an immortal, or a dragon for a short sword, or an immortal for a pillar) but nothing's really popping out.

The theory in getting more immortals was that it's 4damage/6aether with immortals, and 4/6.5 with dragons. But then I realized, with damage reducing shields... that, and, you can only fit so much damage into a deck, and mid/late game quanta really isn't a problem. (that's why I tried one less pillar for the extra immortal)

Either way, I've been having ~70% wins with this deck, and the ones that I don't are usually bad draws.

EDIT: Just got lobotomizer, trying to swap immortal for that. (cheaper, more damage). Again, we'll see how it works.

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: The Essential Halfblood Farmer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3154.msg31365#msg31365
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 06:27:24 am »
Lobos do improve this deck quite a bit vs. creatures that don't target your creatures (FFQ, Druids, Mutants mostly.)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

blarg: