*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg231652#msg231652
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2010, 08:34:31 pm »
I personnally agree with RavingRabbid on these match-ups.

To be honest, i dont see why one rule gets forgotten because one is more important, you follow the first rule, then the second...
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

guy_fawkes

Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg231660#msg231660
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2010, 08:38:58 pm »
one of the principles of the swiss tournament is that you don't face any opponent twice...
so i don't agree with you Higurashi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

probably the swiss tournament was not the best choice for 12 lives, but once the tourney has started...

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg231669#msg231669
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2010, 08:50:09 pm »
Funny.. I've linked that wiki page to all the people involved in the debate. Yes, you don't want players facing each other twice, but it's secondary to making sure people face the ones who have done as well as them. This is even more important when a player gains an advantage by being in the lead, such as in this case.
For reference, that wiki page is wrong on several points. Ask Kael if you want a second opinion on that.

In any case, I'm pleased as long as we get someone to wrap this up. I don't really care who faces who. I was just surprised to see it wasn't being run they way I thought it was. We all know kev's gonna win, so it's pretty inconsequential now.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg231927#msg231927
« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2010, 02:43:30 am »
I won't run this event anymore because my brain is the size of a peanut and I'm not smart enough to run this.
ill take care of it . Though, i cannot be there tomorrow.
As for the match-ups, they are staying the same that Raving has put.

kobisjeruk

Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg232060#msg232060
« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2010, 06:35:39 am »
the problem is that this event was riddled with confusion and chaos from the get go
wasnt anyone's fault because its the first time this event is hosted so only thing we can do is learn from it and make sure any future '12 lives' will be better for everyone involved
please put down any suggestion and feedback in the appropriate thread

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg232276#msg232276
« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »
Agreed.  I love the general concept. Just too many organizers quitting.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg232866#msg232866
« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »
Considering we are into Christmas, I'll let more time for fights this round.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg235543#msg235543
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »
hmm, sad i cant modify the google doc...

kevkev60614 :aether :air :darkness :death :entropy :fire :life :light :time
majofa :darkness :death :entropy
smokefree :time :water
mrpaper :fire
WizardCat :time

kevkev60614 vs smokefree
majofa vs WizardCat

And the bye goes to  mrpaper

Smokefree

Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg235977#msg235977
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2010, 06:16:32 am »
hmm, sad i cant modify the google doc...

kevkev60614 :aether :air :darkness :death :entropy :fire :life :light :time
majofa :darkness :death :entropy
smokefree :time :water
mrpaper :fire
WizardCat :time

kevkev60614 vs smokefree
majofa vs WizardCat

And the bye goes to  mrpaper

why only 2 days to fight this round..... Im sure everyone will be busy Friday (New Years EvE)  and Ill be hung over Sat.  so why not extend it to Mon.  Really your giving us just 1 day.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg236248#msg236248
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2010, 05:36:02 pm »
you are right, im sorry edited it

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg238438#msg238438
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2011, 05:03:51 am »
Wizardcat hasn't responded yet, but his profile shows that he's been on... so hopefully he sees this.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: 12 Lives Battle Thread (Hosted by RavingRabbid) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16109.msg239704#msg239704
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »
If by Tonight ( which for me means  like in 7 hours) the game jasnt been played, or i dont have a proof of inactiveness of one of the participants, im going to have to coin flip

blarg: kevkev60614,majofa,smokefree,mrpaper,WizardCat