*Author

Scaredgirl

Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg414601#msg414601
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 03:42:41 am »
Just to ask,could we have a central market place? like a broad average price tag with the list of cards(like in the bazzar for the real game). From there, we can just do a subtraction or addition of prices by percentage? Like for example, i am in Aether city and i want to buy a aether pillar. normal price = 10 electrum. and lets say i get a 20% discount for aether cards, then i would pay 8 electrum instead and if i am in war with air for example, if i buy air cards, then i get a increase of price by 10%?. That way, the merchant would be affected by the relationship of elements?
Here's the current plan:

We will have 13 different lists of items, just like we have now. But instead of having only one price, we will have multiple different prices, and each customer uses the price that applies to him/her.

Prices will probably include these three:
Regular Price 100% (own element or alliance)
Discount Price 75% (Bargaining skill, high rep etc.)
Increased Price 125% (off-element)
Double Price 200% (bad rep, war etc.)

Something like that.

So the regular price would be determined by general supply and demand (geographically furthest elements are the most expensive ones). Other prices would be calculated using the regular price.

Then there's also the Auction where players themselves decide the prices.

Big problem with the Devotion skill tree is that some elements :cough:WATER:cough: are pretty much crippled when you're forced to use marks of your own element only. Easy solution: allow each player to start with their own Mark skill + 2 others that don't count against the Devotion tree.  That would open up a lot of pretty good deck archetypes without aribtrarily requiring some elements to waste levels on other people's mark skills (fire, water) while other people can just spam mono very successfully (dark, life) and not waste any precious skill slots on other Marks.
Actually the mark thing has been changed. Marks no longer require skill points. Now you get a new Mark for each 3 levels, so the maximum number of marks a player can acquire is 8.

I forgot who suggested this in chat, but it's a really simple and great way to make the event more fun.

Related to that, you now get 1 Skill Point for each level (not 2 for level 1), making the maximum number 24. That means you can max out 2 skill trees if you so choose.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg415098#msg415098
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 06:57:03 am »
Actually the mark thing has been changed. Marks no longer require skill points. Now you get a new Mark for each 3 levels, so the maximum number of marks a player can acquire is 8.

I forgot who suggested this in chat, but it's a really simple and great way to make the event more fun.

Related to that, you now get 1 Skill Point for each level (not 2 for level 1), making the maximum number 24. That means you can max out 2 skill trees if you so choose.
VERY bueno.  I'm totally going to try to become champion of Light and Water.  Bring your Abominations and little else!!  :))
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline YoungSotTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg416100#msg416100
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 06:48:35 pm »
Napalm and I are working on redesigning the skills listed in the OP. Here is our WIP list of new skills:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqwbWqlis8bLdFFCYVU5VGNVTWRJRU1JVDVKVllrVUE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Scaredgirl

Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg419545#msg419545
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »
Napalm and I are working on redesigning the skills listed in the OP. Here is our WIP list of new skills:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqwbWqlis8bLdFFCYVU5VGNVTWRJRU1JVDVKVllrVUE&hl=en_US#gid=0
I took a quick look at the suggestions. Some have potential, others not so much.

Evasion cannot be done like that because of the way updating is done. It would require the organizer to remember who moved where, which is impossible when you have 100+ players running around the map.

I think the current Shadow Leap is better because it's more simple, and I see no reason to nerf it like that. Limiting the distance might work if the players didn't have to count the hexes manually, but because they do, it might get annoying and lead to user errors.

Curse of the Undead with an unlimited duration is pretty nuts. I could see a skill like that make players rage-quit because they are forced to use a mark that is useless to them and they lose every single battle.

I like the mechanics of Seismic Strike but I'm not sure about the theme. A skill like that might work better for say :fire, that uses a rush approach more than :earth, which is much more defensive. But yea.. hopefully that can be used in some shape or form.

Hallucination could work as well, but it should be limited to same or adjacent hex. Yep, that could be cool.

To be continued..

• YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg419597#msg419597
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »
I took a quick look at the suggestions. Some have potential, others not so much.

Evasion cannot be done like that because of the way updating is done. It would require the organizer to remember who moved where, which is impossible when you have 100+ players running around the map.
Ok. We'll try to think of a better way to nerf Evasion (feel it needs it, as it's too easy to avoid all combat in it's current form.)

I think the current Shadow Leap is better because it's more simple, and I see no reason to nerf it like that. Limiting the distance might work if the players didn't have to count the hexes manually, but because they do, it might get annoying and lead to user errors.
We felt it had the potential to become too powerful, especially mid to late game, where all darkness players will probably have the skill, and it would allow the entire darkness team to instantly move to anywhere at least one member of the team was standing. giving it a max distance was a fairly simple way to limit it. I don't really understand how counting the hexes manually is difficult. You just count from your hex to the target hex, to make sure it's not too far. Not any different than most boardgames.

Curse of the Undead with an unlimited duration is pretty nuts. I could see a skill like that make players rage-quit because they are forced to use a mark that is useless to them and they lose every single battle.
I think you're overestimating the negative effect of having to use a death mark. It's mostly an annoyance, similar to having your opponent win the cointoss. Napalm thought this skill was still too weak to be appealing, and I just wanted to keep it because it's interesting and has a nice "infected" theme.

I like the mechanics of Seismic Strike but I'm not sure about the theme. A skill like that might work better for say :fire, that uses a rush approach more than :earth, which is much more defensive. But yea.. hopefully that can be used in some shape or form.
Glad you like it! As for putting it in Earth, since Earth already has tons of defensive abilities, we thought it might be nice to give them an ability that was more proactive, while still hopefully fitting the Earth theme. Seismic Strike is basically the WoE version of the Earthquake card, allowing you to weaken the enemy infrastructure.

Hallucination could work as well, but it should be limited to same or adjacent hex. Yep, that could be cool.
Oops yes it was supposed to be limited like that. Forgot to clarify that in the wording. thx :)

To be continued..
Thanks for looking. We'll keep brainstorming in the meantime. :)

Scaredgirl

Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg419609#msg419609
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:35:02 pm »
Yea, Evasion will definitely be nerfed. I've been planning on doing that a long time now, and now that marks skills are gone, it's going to need an even bigger nerf. First of all, it must be moved to Tier 2. Then I was thinking about changing the skill so that it gives immunity to Aggressive Charge, but not regular Charge. This would kind of make sense because you would need to get closer before you can charge someone who has Evasion.

About Shadow Leap.. don't forget that it requires that..

1. Everyone has that skill
2. One player is where everyone wants to go

I understand that when people see this skill, they might envision huge armies jumping around the map, killing everything. In reality though, it won't be as easy as that. About counting hexes.. it's not that it's difficult, it's just something that should be avoided if possible because first players have to count, then the organizer has to count to make sure it's a legit move. If we want to nerf it somehow, I think it should be something else than distance limitation. Unlimited distance is what makes the skill interesting and cool.

Being able to use only one specific mark when your cards don't match, is a total nightmare. I don't understand how you can compare it to losing the coin toss, when it can completely mess up your deck and strategy.

About "WoE version of the Earthquake card".. I don't see how that mechanic is related to Earthquake because that neutralizing thing is an expansion skill that should belong to one of the more aggressive elements or UW. Hmm.. it might not be a bad idea to have an :earth skill that destroys buildings inside the City. That would fit perfectly.

• SootySot!
Re: Unofficial WoE To-Do List https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32656.msg419657#msg419657
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 12:33:19 am »
Yea, Evasion will definitely be nerfed. I've been planning on doing that a long time now, and now that marks skills are gone, it's going to need an even bigger nerf. First of all, it must be moved to Tier 2. Then I was thinking about changing the skill so that it gives immunity to Aggressive Charge, but not regular Charge. This would kind of make sense because you would need to get closer before you can charge someone who has Evasion.
Very similar effect to our version, but less complicated both in wording and for the organizers. That sounds like a perfect solution to me. :)

About Shadow Leap.. don't forget that it requires that..

1. Everyone has that skill
2. One player is where everyone wants to go

I understand that when people see this skill, they might envision huge armies jumping around the map, killing everything. In reality though, it won't be as easy as that. About counting hexes.. it's not that it's difficult, it's just something that should be avoided if possible because first players have to count, then the organizer has to count to make sure it's a legit move. If we want to nerf it somehow, I think it should be something else than distance limitation. Unlimited distance is what makes the skill interesting and cool.
Ok I can understand not wanting to get rid of the unlimited distance part, and since the skill requires a bit of effort to work we certainly don't want it to become too weak. I'll just leave it alone.

Being able to use only one specific mark when your cards don't match, is a total nightmare. I don't understand how you can compare it to losing the coin toss, when it can completely mess up your deck and strategy.
I still disagree. The worst that will generally happen as a result of this skill is that someone either uses a slightly less optimized mono (useless mark = slightly slower start. add a couple extra pillars perhaps) or has to use pillars instead of pends for their duo (slightly less consistent). If it happened to one of my characters, I wouldn't consider it a big deal. But hey, I won't be forced to take this skill, so I guess I can leave complaining about it to future death players, if they care. =P

About "WoE version of the Earthquake card".. I don't see how that mechanic is related to Earthquake because that neutralizing thing is an expansion skill that should belong to one of the more aggressive elements or UW. Hmm.. it might not be a bad idea to have an :earth skill that destroys buildings inside the City. That would fit perfectly.
I actually really like the thematic feel of Seismic Strike, so I'm gonna keep arguing for it, if you don't mind.
EQ destroys pillars, reducing the opponent's economic foundation. In WoE, Hexes are the basic income producers. Wiping out all sources of quanta with EQ is arguably one of Earth's most prominent abilities, so I thought it would be fun to have the WoE team earth possess a similar power, so that a group of earth players could wipe out another nation's economy much more quickly than other Elementals. Destroying buildings inside the city would work too, but personally I would leave economy-wrecking to earth and instead give the ability to destroy city improvements to someone like fire.

anything
blarg: