*Author

Offline TikoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
(Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402730#msg402730
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:17:42 pm »
by Tiko
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i8 5i8 5i8 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 8pp

Not much to say, a clean backstab.

Good Games, Male.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402736#msg402736
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:27:17 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55q 55q 55q 55r 55r 55r 55r 55v 55v 55v 745 74i 74i 74i 8pl

Dirty, rotten, backstabbing, cold-hearted... whatever you are.  Outrushed while stalled with Freezing.  Came close both times, but he always had that last freeze and extra creature to take away those last few HPs...
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402737#msg402737
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:30:50 pm »
Dirty, rotten, backstabbing, cold-hearted... whatever you are. 
Didn't you do the same to UW Male? :)
As far as I know it was Gravity that started PvP in WoE!

Nice win Tiko and pro deck is pro!

Scaredgirl

Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402738#msg402738
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 04:32:41 pm »
Discard & Salvage
Code: [Select]
55k 55l 55q 55r 55v 745
Loser discards all of these, winner salvages all of these.

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402746#msg402746
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:48:39 pm »
Discard & Salvage
Code: [Select]
55k 55l 55q 55r 55v 745
Loser discards all of these, winner salvages all of these.
Can we have one such as this here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,31771.0.html) too please?

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402757#msg402757
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »
When you put a town that's on the edge of the map closest to our territory, and start crossing through our territory, I think you should expect to be followed :)

discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Captain Scibra

• Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402761#msg402761
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
Dirty, rotten, backstabbing, cold-hearted... whatever you are. 
Didn't you do the same to UW Male? :)
As far as I know it was Gravity that started PvP in WoE!

Nice win Tiko and pro deck is pro!
We didn't backstab... we trusted your word not to attack us.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.

Offline Captain Scibra

Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402799#msg402799
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:28:51 pm »
When you put a town that's on the edge of the map closest to our territory, and start crossing through our territory, I think you should expect to be followed :)
I believe that is what we agreed upon, that we were to be allowed safe passage...

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402806#msg402806
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 06:41:36 pm »
From what I understood, one member of our team agreed to give you safe passage. The rest of us made no such agreement.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402811#msg402811
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »
At the risk of escalating any "drama":

0) It's easy to make a competition like this into a drama-fest. I know I've had a lot of trouble stomaching what's happened the past few "Days" and remaining neutral about it. Outside of WoE, none of us (I would hope) are enemies. I want to emphasize that I think the world of a lot of these people, not least of which are Raving, Essence, and ddevans -- who I still think of as "legends" from when I was just a beginner to this game. A lot of what you've done has helped me learn how to play this game, and for that I'll always be grateful.

That said, I sincerely hope this game (and it's just a game, people!) doesn't ruin that and destroy any rapport that existed among us before these events. Whatever your actions are -- whether you think it's "righteous justice" for our perceived antagonism towards the UW, or "backstabbing" which many of us believe -- I urge both teams (and UW as well) to remember this isn't real. This shouldn't translate into our friendships (or lack of) in the larger Elements community. I know I'm not an Elements vet or a legend, so I may not qualify to ask this of everyone, but please, let's not remove the fun from WoE, yeah?

Anyway:

1) The Town is my responsibility to apologize for. It was my idea to put it there, mostly due to my already being on that hex which conveniently met the geographic requirements for building one. It was not meant as a statement or warning on our part. I perfectly understand why you would've interpreted it that way, though to be fair if that had happened to us, our first move would've been to have our diplomat contact the other team and ask for a clarification.

2) "Backstabbing". Again, something I have to apologize for, if only to be stupid enough to trust the word of Jappert -- twice. But we understand your reasons for what you did, and we're willng3 willing (I'm willing at least) to leave that behind us. Again, in our defense, all good relations between "nations" (which we all sort of are) start with diplomacy first, then war. Or, failing diplomacy, at least communication. Water (IMO) failed in that aspect -- if your motive for "backstabbing" us was that we placed a Town next to your border, the proper thing to do would've been to ask us if that was an act of aggression on our part (it wasn't). We would've been happy to clarify.

Of course, I most probably don't qualify to say what's "proper" and what's not -- Water's preemptive move to deceive us was, practically, the right thing to to, and something we would do well to learn.

3) UW. It wouldn't hurt to apologize to you (the team and morningstar specifically) again, but, well, sorry. For what it's worth, in our defense, we acted properly in our opinion with the attack. While we didn't give you prior warning (which would've given you a chance to escape anyway, like Jappert himself used as justification wrt Gocubbies), we also didn't actively lie to you about being friendly or seeking no conflict. In that respect, though, perhaps Water was right and we should've been more deceptive in our relations to other teams instead of being so trusting. Lesson learned?

One PvP match in our opinion (which was how many had occurred before you started calling us out about it) is not the same as a declaration of war. A coordinated series of attacks (as Water has done) is. We're more than happy to discuss this with you, morningstar and the UW team, if you still think we can be trusted. But if you've already written us off as your enemies, then we're more than happy to oblige, too. It's your call.

Scaredgirl

Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402818#msg402818
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »
Anyone believing in some unofficial peace declaration can only blame themselves. We will have a real peace at some point which will make attacking impossible, but before that, I suggest don't trust anyone.

I also agree with previous poster that this is just a forum event and shouldn't be taken too seriously. :)

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Water) Tiko 2 - 0 (Gravity) Malebolgia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31837.msg402821#msg402821
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
Also, is it really that unexpected when you are besides a fortress everyone wants to have?
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

anything
blarg: Tiko,Malebolgia