*Author

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343296#msg343296
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »
For skills, I think that there could be a more player-friendly way of naming them. Tier x skills make the game a bit complicated and difficult to remember.

I suggest we rename them like this, starting from mark and going up:

-Mark
-Basic Skill
-Complex Skill
-Advanced Skill
-Champion Skill
Huh? I'm confused about why you think this is confusing. What problem does changing numbers (shorter and 100% obvious as to their order) to names (longer and more subjective) solve? Aside from requiring you to go back and change all the references to tier numbers, I don't see what the results of this would be.
Still, it's not a big deal, so I guess I don't have any objections if it's what others want.
TBH, it's been bugging me for a while. Not so much the things I listed in my post about it here, but mainly that it's so out of theme. I could have worded the original suggestion better. ^^;
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343329#msg343329
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »
I'd prefer keeping the "numbers" part if possible - it's easier to classify, IMHO. What about something like  "Glyphs", "Techniques/ Techs", or "Skill Levels"? That way you could add a number onto the end so you could refer to the level, but it sounds more RPG-ish.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg344283#msg344283
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 03:16:44 am »
In regards to the recent (Round 16) map change, I feel that some of the landmark locations need to be moved back for the 'Scrolls of the Prophecy' quest. The symmetry in all those locations was what enabled the quest to be so cool sounding when you look at it aesthetically:

The pink hexes mark the original locations of the Boat (unchanged), Oasis (hex 103 originally), and southern mountain (changed). All of the locations were also exactly four hexes (distance wise) away from the Omnitron's quest, and were in three different territory areas that could be contested between elements - as of now, one could easily reach the Oasis much faster than one would expect without being attacked (hopefully), but then again, I'm guessing more map changes will come anyway. All I'm asking is that for the purpose of this one quest, that those 'landmark' locations don't change, please SG? ^^;

Also, good move on the towns being removed - now elementals only need to travel to one specific place to train their skills/siege/trade/etc., which is good for simplicity purposes.

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg344293#msg344293
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2011, 04:27:59 am »
Ugh, thanks for making that map Kuro - I moved to 98, instead of 89, because I saw the mountain there.. gotta change that.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg344838#msg344838
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2011, 06:35:19 am »
My vote: Put a Volcano where the Southern Mountain used to be! The Oasis can go back where it was, or have some new landmark thingy there too :P
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg344839#msg344839
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2011, 06:39:37 am »
My vote: Put a Volcano where the Southern Mountain used to be! The Oasis can go back where it was, or have some new landmark thingy there too :P
Oh that Napalm. Always eager to dispense helpful advice and tips, absolutely free of self-serving bias.  ;)

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg344907#msg344907
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:42 pm »
 ::) *whistles innocently*
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg355947#msg355947
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2011, 02:08:48 pm »
Am I correct in concluding that all Elemental Mark skills were buffed from 2 to 3 upgrades, but the UW Mark remained unchanged at 1 upgrade to an Other card only?
Carpe Diem!!

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg356191#msg356191
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »
Am I correct in concluding that all Elemental Mark skills were buffed from 2 to 3 upgrades, but the UW Mark remained unchanged at 1 upgrade to an Other card only?
mmyes.
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg357456#msg357456
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2011, 07:28:55 pm »
It is yet to be decided what the relationship between UW skills and the ability to used upped cards will be, but I can say for certain that it's not going to be how it looks like now.

I was thinking something like this:

For each skill in UW, you get to use 1 upped 'Other' card
AND
For each 2 skills in UW, you get to use 1 upped card in ALL the elements

Something like that.

I increased the upped bonus from marks to 3 because I think it makes getting multiple marks suck less. I left UW mark at 1 upped card because it's in many situations, clearly the best of the 13.

blarg: