*Author

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342118#msg342118
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2011, 04:16:18 pm »
I was discussing this in chat with Hugs, and decided that some consolidating of topics is desperately needed. Posting actions for one round requires 5 tabs open at minimum.
Completely agree.  Right now I need the WoE Map, my Character Sheet, the round thread, the Action list, and the Rules list all open just to make sure I'm not doing illegal things and updating correctly.  It's a bit cumbersome.  Ideally there would be a way to automate the Character Sheet updates since these are the most prone to abuse and/or user error and there is little to no oversight of them due to there just being too many for the organizers to handle.
Carpe Diem!!

Scaredgirl

Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342262#msg342262
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2011, 07:36:10 pm »
Goal is to have all the information needed in each round topic, hidden under spoilers. I haven't yet decided how I want to do that, but I made some changes to the most recent round topic so you'll see what I mean.

Thing that makes it difficult is that we need we need to insert as much data as possible without making it all too spammy.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342586#msg342586
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2011, 09:09:09 am »
"Bane of Element" skills feedback:

Right now they give 2 exp.
If they give 2exp-(Element reputation), would that be a bad thing.

Let's suppose, you have the Bane of Aether skill, and -3 Aether reputation.

The Bane of Aether Skill would give you 5 points of experience more when you defeat an Aether player.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342588#msg342588
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:36 am »
Since your Rep can vary between 100 and -100, it would be way too unbalanced to gain that much xp for each win. A viable option could be to divide the XP by some number (10-20?).

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342591#msg342591
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2011, 09:37:07 am »
Since your Rep can vary between 100 and -100, it would be way too unbalanced to gain that much xp for each win. A viable option could be to divide the XP by some number (10-20?).
I think that by the time you got -100 reputation the bane skill is almost useless.

Also, the bane of Skill would work only against one element.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg342642#msg342642
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2011, 03:00:16 pm »
I don't think having a system where a player can potentially gain multiple levels form a single battle is necessarily the best option.  Especially when you can theoretically perform quests to lower your XP with a faction and raise it with another.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Highly Overrated
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343204#msg343204
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2011, 03:00:52 pm »
Just a minor request, but when organizers and such view a players character sheet maybe they could send a PM or leave a comment on it that they did and why.  I noticed the views on mine increased again and it would be good to know if it was the staff working on Alpha or just another player spying.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343210#msg343210
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2011, 03:05:18 pm »
It could also be neither. I, for one, enjoy getting rid of yellow(new) notes, so that I know when there's actually something I want to read. Granted, I use the "mark read" button, but some may click the actual "new" button, then go to a different page before the document loads. I don't know that this is the case, but it's quite possible...

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343234#msg343234
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2011, 03:33:32 pm »
For skills, I think that there could be a more player-friendly way of naming them. Tier x skills make the game a bit complicated and difficult to remember.

I suggest we rename them like this, starting from mark and going up:

-Mark
-Basic Skill
-Complex Skill
-Advanced Skill
-Champion Skill
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Highly Overrated
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343251#msg343251
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »
Maybe change "Complex Skills" into something like "Intermediate Skills"
Carpe Diem!!

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343255#msg343255
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2011, 04:01:03 pm »
Maybe change "Complex Skills" into something like "Intermediate Skills"
Yeah, that sounds a lot better.
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg343286#msg343286
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »
For skills, I think that there could be a more player-friendly way of naming them. Tier x skills make the game a bit complicated and difficult to remember.

I suggest we rename them like this, starting from mark and going up:

-Mark
-Basic Skill
-Complex Skill
-Advanced Skill
-Champion Skill
Huh? I'm confused about why you think this is confusing. What problem does changing numbers (shorter and 100% obvious as to their order) to names (longer and more subjective) solve? Aside from requiring you to go back and change all the references to tier numbers, I don't see what the results of this would be.
Still, it's not a big deal, so I guess I don't have any objections if it's what others want.

blarg: