*Author

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: DESYNC - Yes, it's in WoE too. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321114#msg321114
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:27 pm »
Just so you know, I have two times Shantu in my mail.
Sorry about that, my mouse is borked a bit and double clicks often. It must have been because of that (and the 'zombie player' must be because of this too).

The character sheet link doesn't work for me, it says 404 error. I assume it is not finished yet?

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321121#msg321121
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »
How long until you receive the confirmation email?
Until either me or Timer is online ;)
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Crafting/Breeding Changes (not official) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321243#msg321243
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 05:17:57 pm »
Thanks, majofa. But could you do me a favor and bold the ones you that have changed from the original? Makes it 10 times easier to see and make changes.
Done. (made them yellow)

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321501#msg321501
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »
I still need some answers about the skills. Can I also go ahead and list some of the combos I think are a tad... OP?

"Chosen One" + "Stall"

"Find A Weakness" + "Cyborg" + "Mage Hunter" (+ "Diversion")

"Champion Of Water" + Gravity Shield
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline TimerClock14

• Legendary Member
  • TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.TimerClock14 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • hello pls
  • Awards: War III Promo Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321502#msg321502
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 11:02:01 pm »
I still need some answers about the skills. Can I also go ahead and list some of the combos I think are a tad... OP?

"Chosen One" + "Stall"

Wow, I see you're raring to go. But remember, we haven't even started Round 1 of alpha yet. We won't really know if they are OP or not unless we've play tested them.
I have music, you have ears. Let them get acquainted with each other: https://www.soundcloud.com/mastinmusic

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321503#msg321503
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:04:03 pm »

"Chosen One" + "Stall"

Wow, I see you're raring to go. But remember, we haven't even started Round 1 of alpha yet. We won't really know if they are OP or not unless we've play tested them.
True that. I'm going to make a hypothesis, then, and we'll conduct an experiment to test the theory.

My hypothesis claim is that using any or all of the above combos creates an essentially unstoppable player.

Let's see how this goes...

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321537#msg321537
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 11:57:14 pm »

"Chosen One" + "Stall"

"Chosen One"(Light) + "Stall"(Time)  [Must be level 8]
While making it so you don't discard, it doesn't prevent you from losing. You still die.

"Find A Weakness"(UW) + "Cyborg"(Gravity) + "Mage Hunter"(Darkness)  [Must be level 17]
This is something we can keep out eyes on, especially with Diversion.

"Champion Of Water"(Water) + Gravity Shield (card)
This would be too easy to pull off, again we'll have to keep our eye on it.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321538#msg321538
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:40 pm »

"Chosen One" + "Stall"

"Chosen One"(Light) + "Stall"(Time)  [Must be level 8]
While making it so you don't discard, it doesn't prevent you from losing. You still die.

"Find A Weakness"(UW) + "Cyborg"(Gravity) + "Mage Hunter"(Darkness)  [Must be level 17]
This is something we can keep out eyes on, especially with Diversion.

This would be too easy to pull off, again we'll have to keep our eye on it.
Ah, but you get Improved Resurrection. Adding any of the "Animate..." skills makes you actually GAIN from losing.

Offline Wizardcat

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321560#msg321560
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 12:32:42 am »
"Chosen One"(Light) + "Stall"(Time)
You don't discard cards after a loss. Okay... You're still, however, forced to resurrect at a city and you don't get the benefits of winning.

"Find A Weakness"(UW) + "Cyborg"(Gravity) + "Mage Hunter"(Darkness)
This isn't a fun combination (no weapons, shields, or spells), true... Not sure about this one.

S'not like the Gravity Shield is active at the beginning of battles. Quick denial could prevent it from even appearing and a Champion of Water won't necessarily use it. It can also be 'ducked' through cards like Rage Potion, Liquid Shadow, Acceleration, or otherwise lowering the HP of your creatures. Owl's Eye could be particularly effective at this. Also, the following are still completely viable: Deflagration or Steal, Momentum, Poison or Bolts, Stalls...

While we're on the topic of skills... For the skills Confusion and Trickster, what if the opponent doesn't possess Quantum Pillars or any of the marks chosen?
The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg321651#msg321651
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 02:59:38 am »
Yes...a lot of Entropy's skills are somewhat imbalanced, IMO. For example, Trickster can almost guarantee a useless mark, at least if you can pick any of the twelve, regardless of what that player is capable of. On the other hand, if the player with Trickster can only pick three marks out of those their opponent has, it becomes slightly underpowered. Maybe allowing them to pick only two, if it's the latter?

Offline Korugar

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Korugar is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • A sporadic participant who loves Gravity.
Re: WoE Alpha - Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg322801#msg322801
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »
So...about Hallucination, and...Hellfire, is it called?(Entropy's and Fire's champion skills) and and other automatic area of effect skills. I think there are a couple problems with them. First, I don't believe they should affect allies. Otherwise, these to elements will become very isolated, once those players start getting their champion's skill. I certainly wouldn't want someone who produces infighting or discarding whenever they get close to me as an ally.

Second, the ever present issue of balancing.

I'm not entirely sure that Hellfire is strong enough. Sure, it sounds impressive at first, making enemies discard every turn for nothing. But is three cards per turn really very strong when you actually want to use it? I'm not sure it's worth the trade off of making enemies. Comparing that to Darkness' Tier 1 skill, Backstab, it's actually pretty weak(I know Backstab requires that you win 2-0, but it also makes your opponent lose twice as many cards as a champion ability).

Hallucination, on the other hand, seems to be too strong, in one specific situation, siege. Think about it. Every round, they can kill half the defenders. Automatically. No difficulty. Granted, they might die that same round, but as it only takes one Entropy Champion, all they need are maybe five champions, and they'll be able to decimate the enemies armies all by themselves.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
Re: WoE Alpha - General Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25138.msg325803#msg325803
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:13 pm »
We'll see a steady pattern take hold. Things like Champion of Light and Clockmaker will be the focus of most Light elementals, considering the power behind Stall and Chosen One.
I call it Meditation.

People who work offensively will use Cyborg and Champion of Darkness, with a hand some other areas, because of the level of power that Mage Hunter (still) has. Getting Find A Weakness is a bonus.
I call it the Nihility Lock.

People who have more of an interest in forced discard will take Predator and Champion of Gravity, because of the devious Equilibrium/Low Point of Gravity/Champion of Gravity mixture.
I call it Crouching Tiger. :P

People who are focusing on quests will take Cloud Rider and Champion of Time, for speed of completing quests.
I call it Speedwalker.

People who focus on sieging will take Champion of Water and Architect.
Erosion.

etc.

It can be predicted that all players will follow either the above, or another pattern posted on the forum somewhere. It's almost like submitting an FG killer deck.

anything
blarg: