*Author

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398949#msg398949
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 06:37:16 am »
And for those who are concerned about duels, keep in mind that duels can be extended to 2 rounds (so 48 hours). It's not necessary to find a time to duel within just 24 hours, it simply saves in-game actions if you do.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399078#msg399078
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 02:05:52 pm »
I don't think the issue is whether WoE takes up too much time in one day. 10 minutes to 40, depending on your paranoia & nooibishness level, isn't too much to ask.

However, it presumes that logging in on a daily basis is the normal and anyone else is slow. People who have to skip the occasional day can feel like they're letting their teams down. I'd rather people had 48 hours in which to live their lives, do their stuff, play their real game (Elements), and then squeeze in a bit of time for this sub-game on a forum.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399082#msg399082
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »
Only just noticed this thread o:

Anyway, we all check the game daily to not miss an Oracle spin, yes?
Well then what's wrong with doing your WoE stuff at that same moment? Shouldn't take long and can thus easily be done daily.
It takes a bit longer in tutorial mode alright, but shouldn't be such a time eater once it gets rolling.

Voted 24 hours if that isn't obvious by now.

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399132#msg399132
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »
I really dont see how saying "takes 10 min" or "takes 30 min" to do your actions is a valid argument? So what? maybe some people take 2 hours? Real life has been mentioned plenty by others saying 48 hours would work best because you cant just assume everyone has 10 mins or 30 mins or w/e time to get to a computer and get online and do elements stuff. theres been plenty of times where i couldnt get to doing elements anything for days on end. 48 hours would give everyone more time to get battles done and coordinated, gives SG a small break in time so she isnt doing this nonstop, and makes it more of a casual game. yes i know many will be on every single day, good for them. give em a cookie.

I do like the idea of "everyone has their actions submitted" day is over... move on.. so then days can kinda go quicker but it may throw off the natural day timing unless SG decides what time to post next days quests etc.
~McPasty was here~

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399149#msg399149
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 05:18:00 pm »
I do like the idea of "everyone has their actions submitted" day is over... move on.. so then days can kinda go quicker but it may throw off the natural day timing unless SG decides what time to post next days quests etc.
The problem with this is that advancing a day is currently a very manual process. We can't expect SG or whoever is in charge to constantly be checking to advance to the next day once all actions have been submitted. Plus, it seems quite unlikely that there will be a single day where all participants submit actions.

I voted for 24 hours because the whole point of WoE is that it works like an MMORPG, where the biggest consequence to not logging on for a few days is that your progress is put on hold. Not a big deal. Also, I agree with everyone else who has said that 48 hours should be plenty for battles.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399583#msg399583
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 06:55:25 am »
48 hours. Communication with other team members in different timezones spends a day already.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Planplan

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Planplan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399599#msg399599
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 08:35:18 am »
I already played such games (PHP games) with turns of 12 hours or 24 hours, and this time is by far enough to play with a team, you just need to think a bit ahead, to avoid being surprised.
But the duels, in 24h, seem like impossible to me. Even 48h could be hard. I voted 48h so, with the 96h possibility for extended duel.

Offline manaboy100

• Reputation Power: 5
  • manaboy100 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • *staaaaaaaaaare*
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399611#msg399611
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:58 am »
I picked 48 hours, so I would be able to form the best strategy to play, and school is pretty stealing my time. I'm having a mid term test in a week time, and I'm not a bright student, so I would need to spend more time on studies.
*staaaaaaaaaare*

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399657#msg399657
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 01:20:53 pm »
I am torn between 24 and 48 hours as well. 24 works for me because I am very active, but I understand that it doesn't for some people. 48, on the other hand, is way too slow - that's how it felt in Alpha, at least. It became slightly dull.

Voted for 24. If it doesn't work out, we can always change to 48.
This is EXACTLY the thought process behind voting for 24. I wanted 36, because it's not 2 whole days, which was WAY too slow, but it also allows for a bit more freedom. Because in my view, longer is much worse than shorter, I've had to change my vote from 36 to 24.
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399775#msg399775
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
36 would be stupid. Not only would alternate days start and end at different times but people like me who can only get online during one specific timeslot every day would only benefit every other elements day. Frankly, even alternating 24/48 hour days would be preferable to the 36 option.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg399857#msg399857
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »
If you get on during the same time slot every day, that time slot would be covered whether the limit is 24 hours, 25hours, 29 hrs, 36 hrs, 9001 hrs, etc. Would it not..?
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg400296#msg400296
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:12:57 pm »
Indeed it would. What I'm saying is that it would effectively be alternating between 24 hours and 48 hours for me if that option were picked and that is just annoying.

anything
blarg: