*Author

Offline 1world24

• Reputation Power: 8
  • 1world24 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Gone about 8 months
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398805#msg398805
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 11:43:44 pm »
I think it should stay as 24 hours because 10 minutes is all you need to play and submit your moves.36 hours is just a to weird time plan for everyone and 48 hours is way to long to wait for 1 round.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398815#msg398815
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 11:59:15 pm »
I voted 24 hours. Even though it's rather inconvenient, if I miss a day or two, then I miss a day or two. 24 hours is definitely enough time to get in all your actions, no matter what time you play.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398818#msg398818
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:03:34 am »
36-hours schedules are just wonky :-\

I agree that 48 hours is a bit too much time, because it really shouldn't take more than half an hour each day for submitting actions, and this is factoring in basic communication. If you battle and/or interact with players in other ways, another half hour.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398834#msg398834
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 12:55:59 am »
Agree with apparently the majority, 24 hours is more than enough. My schoolwork is getting much busier, but last week was supposed to a tough week with exams in most of my classes, and I got by just fine. Looks like a lot of people have the same deal as well.

IMO if people are missing the rounds consistently (ie. more than one or two days accounting for RL stuff), it's not so much being busy as not caring enough about WoE to put in the half hour -- which is fine, but extending the duration of the rounds probably won't mean much to these people since they likely wouldn't be on regularly anyway.

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398850#msg398850
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 01:35:11 am »
48 hours In my opinion.  Sometimes life happens and you can't do anything about it.
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398853#msg398853
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 01:42:54 am »
I voted for this poll is premature.  Once everyone gets the hang of submitting actions and is clearer on the rules (and when the rules are clearer), more people will favor 24 hours than do now.  But OTOH when more battles start happening and we get a feel for how difficult it is to meet up with opponents over an in-game day, maybe more people will favor 48 hours.  We'll see, but I think the point of Beta is to crank through as much as possible and learn quickly, so imo 24 hours is best until we discover otherwise.

I agree w/Kuro regarding 36 hours being a potential mess, though.

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398859#msg398859
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 02:03:21 am »
Also at the start of the alpha, no matter what keep the first week very fast paced. Not much happens other than capturing then.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398864#msg398864
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:39 am »
just curious but what happened to our yesterday actions? especially ones that failed? or gave us an uh oh error? did they work? are our next actions sent tomorrow? today yet? 930 pm central... just curious..
~McPasty was here~

Offline Zaealix

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Zaealix is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Former Gravity apprentice-currently Water aligned.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398875#msg398875
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 03:19:14 am »
I vote for 48 hours, but with a caveat, once everyone submits their actions and they go through, the next day automatically begins. This way ,we get the best of both worlds hopefully. The players who need more time get more time, but when things can move faster, they do so. Adjusting day lengths to our schedule sounds like the best thing to me.
*Water Guild*

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398907#msg398907
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 04:18:52 am »
24 hours.  The only problem comes with duels.  Sometimes there will be no way to coordinate a time and get them done.  I'm not too worried because duels won't happen too too often.  Once that gets wrinkled out then 24 hours is fine.  move, move, submit.  takes 5 min.

Offline MatrimKK

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398923#msg398923
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 04:41:15 am »
If it wasn't for duels I would say 24, but given timezones and what not I feel 48 hours is a better solution. 
Rasta and others seem correct that the first few days need to be fast paced do to most people just capturing. 
I was caught a bit offguard with the 24 hour days but now seems fine, not sure how it will be effected with battles. 
I will vote after I can give firsthand feedback. 

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: POLL: Duration of one Day https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31528.msg398929#msg398929
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 05:10:04 am »
I am torn between 24 and 48 hours as well. 24 works for me because I am very active, but I understand that it doesn't for some people. 48, on the other hand, is way too slow - that's how it felt in Alpha, at least. It became slightly dull.

Voted for 24. If it doesn't work out, we can always change to 48.

anything
blarg: