*Author

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: MAP - All map discussions here please https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8583.msg107447#msg107447
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2010, 04:53:52 am »
If we are using hexagonal tiles, logically shouldn't we make a hexagonal map?! Then everyone can start on/near the border.

Just FYI, the number of hexagons in a centered hexagon, the type that would be used if using unionruler's suggestion, can be found by the formula 3n^2-3n+1, where n is the length of a side.

If we used a centered hexagon with a side length of seven, there would be 127 hexagons on the map. If we used one with a side length of nine, there would be 217 hexagons on the map. Those are the closest to the size we've been looking at, I think (not sure how big SG wants it to be). The length of a side would need to be odd, that way, you could have six elements in each corner of the map, and six at the corner of each side, while keeping them all equidistant from each other and the center of the map. It will take one n-1 moves to move from the outer edge of the map to the center.

I think a 9 sided hexagon would be best if this is to be a large scale-event. If it's supposed to be even bigger than I think, 11 sides would work too (total of 331 hexagons in the map).

You could also use sides with even (numbered) lengths, and just move all the elemental locations one hexagon from the sides. Or however many desired, really.

Scaredgirl

Re: MAP - All map discussions here please https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8583.msg108246#msg108246
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2010, 11:20:44 am »
Topic Locked!

anything
blarg: