*Author

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg455646#msg455646
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »
Wow there's a lot of negative criticism around this shard. And sadly I'm going to have to agree!

It seems +1HP is out of the question, fair enough, but in terms of gameplay I have my doubts about having to miss a turn. I have just been playing with a deathstalker/adrenaline duo deck, in an attempt to bypass losing your attack. But even with this you still lose the first hit (and poison is carried, by a creature with power < 3, on the 4th hit and the 1st). The deck still contains many of the weaknesses of similar life/death/gravity builds. In short we've substituted difficulties in quanta balancing for difficulties of speed.

People have talked about mono-time Neurotoxins with this and I am curious to try it, but I will say that so far I have never faced one of these decks, and for that reason have my doubts.

I like the sound of ishner's idea though:

I suggest it be made a permanent.
When it is in play your creatures don't attack but gain +1,+1 per turn [probably +1/+0 IMO!] (+2,+2 for water creatures).
Ability of permanent: discard this card (cost 0).
As Ishner says this fits the name very well! Alternatively, my best suggestion is changing the name of the shard, lol!
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Macchiavelli

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg457936#msg457936
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 05:41:55 pm »
well I was farmin for SoSe or SoSa, or better yet anything else, but now I have four of those... I would hate to have shards lying around without using them... so after I upgraded my next Deck (which hopefully will be soon!) I'd like to try something. I like the mono-time idea, but I am really not sure if it could work,

Any ideas how this could form a combo with inundation? Water is even low on cheap creatures, so a Fractal Spam that gets buffed does not seem to be an option.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg457959#msg457959
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »
The permanent version (adds bonus each round but leaves creatures stunned till sacrificed) certainly seems much more useful to me. As for innundation version:
-Nymphs tear + death pendulm => mass malignant cell buffing
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg457960#msg457960
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »
The permanent version (adds bonus each round but leaves creatures stunned till sacrificed) certainly seems much more useful to me.
when you stun all your creatures, you won't do any dammage. you can't even activate ailities; This card needs even more buffing.
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg457967#msg457967
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 07:53:57 pm »
What if used the sundial mechanic, but only prevented your own creatures from attacking
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg457972#msg457972
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
What if used the sundial mechanic, but only prevented your own creatures from attacking
that's kind of what it does right now
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg458489#msg458489
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 09:07:33 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i7 5i7 5i7 6rv 6rv 6rv 718 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

Function of SoP:

- You can use it after you use Chrysaora's Poison ability.
- It adds a small amount of Power, but more usefully HP, to your critters.
- It is cheap.

Perhaps not the strongest card but still a viable card. Makes RoF a lot less scary.

Ignore the fact I have 3 upped Freezes and only one Deadly Poison... :3

Offline onnig

• Reputation Power: 1
  • onnig is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg459174#msg459174
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2012, 05:23:30 am »
I did some testing and it appears to be working on burrowed creatures. Unburrowing them gives more attack due to doubling. Not sure if it's intended or not.

Offline UndeadSpider1990

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg459259#msg459259
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »
it appears to be working on burrowed creatures. Unburrowing them gives more attack due to doubling. Not sure if it's intended or not.
I can't imagine that is intended, but it's interesting anyway. Almost makes me want to use it that way =o Did you check immaterial creatures? I will feedback on that...

Offline UndeadSpider1990

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg459260#msg459260
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2012, 12:25:28 pm »
RE: Does it work on Immaterial creatures?

Yes. It works on all of your creatures regardless of their status.

One might still ask the question: does an Aether Stall deck really need anything else slowing down its offence? But maybe this won't slow it down after all.

Any word on whether this is intended / likely to stick around? I could see it going either way.

Note also: Bots definitely have strange behaviour with regards to using the Shard of Patience. But it's kind of tricky when to use it anyway - do you play it now, to get the skipped attack over with, or do you wait till you draw another one, to avoid skipping another attack, or do you wait til you've played that one last creature stuck in your hand, to get the most out of it??? No wonder the bots don't know, neither do I! =P

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg460553#msg460553
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 07:34:46 am »
For the AI, id say increase the chance of playing the more it can boost and the more health you and the opponent have. Hold it if there are cheap water creatures or flooding in hand.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Tsmuji

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg464599#msg464599
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:43 am »
to make this card more vercitile i suggest it be made a permanent.
when it is in play your creatures don't attack but gain +1,+1 per turn (+2,+2 for water creatures).
ability of permanent: discard this card (cost 0)
I agree that this is a nice idea, but then what's to stop the opponent using enchant/protect artifact on it and rendering all of your creatures unable to attack for the rest of the game?

blarg: UndeadSpider