*Author

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg490842#msg490842
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2012, 09:52:28 pm »
i have been really learning how good this can be.

at least post your awesome new deck to show everyone how good it can be :P

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521006#msg521006
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2012, 10:08:24 am »
 Guys, I don't get why no one gets the awesomeness of this Shard. RoL/Hope decks can rely solely on RoLs for damage and creature spamming cards (Mitosis, Alfatoxin, Fractal, even FFQ and Pharaoh) can trade a few turns of damage for much greater amount of damage later.
 Even without Flooding, I would definitely use this in a mono- :water deck. A free +2|+2 buff each turn in every of your  :water creatures is awesome, even if you don't attack for a while. Cards can still use their skills while they're not attacking (Arctic Octupus, as an example, can still freeze stuff).
 I may post a deck based on SoP when I'll have the upped cards needed to do so...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521020#msg521020
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:59 am »
Guys, I don't get why no one gets the awesomeness of this Shard. RoL/Hope decks can rely solely on RoLs for damage and creature spamming cards (Mitosis, Alfatoxin, Fractal, even FFQ and Pharaoh) can trade a few turns of damage for much greater amount of damage later.
 Even without Flooding, I would definitely use this in a mono- :water deck. A free +2|+2 buff each turn in every of your  :water creatures is awesome, even if you don't attack for a while. Cards can still use their skills while they're not attacking (Arctic Octupus, as an example, can still freeze stuff).
 I may post a deck based on SoP when I'll have the upped cards needed to do so...

Actually, it's too good that I want to nerf it. It is overpowered IMO. The people saying that this card is weak are referring to the old version.
Not so active.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521036#msg521036
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:07 am »
Actually, it's too good that I want to nerf it. It is overpowered IMO. The people saying that this card is weak are referring to the old version.

I don't think so, people still believe this card is UP in comparison with other shards. As for the nerf, I find it one of the most balanced shards right now, since it buffs you a lot but it also prevents you from attacking and it just can't fit into any deck, like SoF for example; other shards need a nerf much more than this one.  :)
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline rosutosefi

• rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521039#msg521039
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:58 am »

I don't think so, people still believe this card is UP in comparison with other shards. As for the nerf, I find it one of the most balanced shards right now, since it buffs you a lot but it also prevents you from attacking and it just can't fit into any deck, like SoF for example; other shards need a nerf much more than this one.  :)

See, an elephant isn't big if you compare it to a ship, but compare it to a dog or a bird or something. Nightfall.
More than half of the shards are overpowered. It's a bad comparison.
Not so active.

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521075#msg521075
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »

See, an elephant isn't big if you compare it to a ship, but compare it to a dog or a bird or something. Nightfall.

Unupped, not so sure.  SoFOP and probably SoPa OP.  SoD, SoW, SoFre are a bit on the powerful side.  But at best that's still less than half. 

Offline rosutosefi

• Dead.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521089#msg521089
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »

Unupped, not so sure.  SoFOP and probably SoPa OP.  SoD, SoW, SoFre are a bit on the powerful side.  But at best that's still less than half.

Upped, you can add SoSer. I still think SoR is powerful but only balanced in the current meta just because of limited time abilities.
Not so active.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521094#msg521094
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2012, 04:13:41 pm »

Nightfall is a good comparison with Shard of Patience, though we compare a rare with a common card and, for me, rarity is NOT irrelevant (OldTrees would definitely disagree with that). Anyway, let's have a comparison:
 Nightfall's|Eclipse's positive things:
* It buffs all your  :darkness and  :death creatures on the field for +1|+1 (+2|+1 if upped).
* It doesn't prevent them from attacking.

Nighfall's|Eclipse's negative things:
* Upped version costs more than the unupped one.
* It also buffs  :darkness and  :death creatures on the opponent side of the field.
* If removed from the field the buff is also removed.
* Effect doesn't stack.

SoP positive things:
* Upped version is cheaper.
* It buffs any kind of creature for +1|+0 and your :water creatures for +2|+2 (+4|+4 in a flooded area).
* The buff is permanent; it remains even if SoP is removed.
* It buffs only your creatures and not the opponent ones.

SoP negative things:
* Buffing :water creatures in not as effective as buffing :darkness and :death creatures.
* It prevents your creatures from attacking.
* It is rare, so it is more difficult ot be obtained.

Overall, SoP is better than Nightfall|Eclipse but not extremely better for a rare shard. However, I always believed SoP was underused even in its previous version (as a spell) and with its buff it became much better than before, but let's nerf SoSac and SoFocus first and discuss about SoP later IMO. I also belive that SoReadiness and SoFreedom need a small nerf but, most of all, permanent shards shouldn't stack.

Offline rosutosefi

• Dead.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg521108#msg521108
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2012, 04:39:21 pm »

Nightfall is a good comparison with Shard of Patience, though we compare a rare with a common card and, for me, rarity is NOT irrelevant (OldTrees would definitely disagree with that). Anyway, let's have a comparison:
 Nightfall's|Eclipse's positive things:
* It buffs all your  :darkness and  :death creatures on the field for +1|+1 (+2|+1 if upped).
* It doesn't prevent them from attacking.

Nighfall's|Eclipse's negative things:
* Upped version costs more than the unupped one.
* It also buffs  :darkness and  :death creatures on the opponent side of the field.
* If removed from the field the buff is also removed.
* Effect doesn't stack.

SoP positive things:
* Upped version is cheaper.
* It buffs any kind of creature for +1|+0 and your :water creatures for +2|+2 (+4|+4 in a flooded area).
* The buff is permanent; it remains even if SoP is removed.
* It buffs only your creatures and not the opponent ones.

SoP negative things:
* Buffing :water creatures in not as effective as buffing :darkness and :death creatures.
* It prevents your creatures from attacking.
* It is rare, so it is more difficult ot be obtained.

Overall, SoP is better than Nightfall|Eclipse but not extremely better for a rare shard. However, I always believed SoP was underused even in its previous version (as a spell) and with its buff it became much better than before, but let's nerf SoSac and SoFocus first and discuss about SoP later IMO. I also belive that SoReadiness and SoFreedom need a small nerf but, most of all, permanent shards shouldn't stack.
You forgot the part where SoP is far more versatile. And you have the option of waiting more to get a higher increase, which is especially useful considering that water has mind flayer, puffer fish, chrysaora and arctic squid. This is not doable with Nightfall/Eclipse. And rarity should not be a basis of making cards overpowered. This nerf SoSac thing is getting really old. SoFo first then SoP. SoSac is already UP.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:43:48 pm by rosutosefi »
Not so active.

Offline UndeadSpider1990

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg524835#msg524835
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2012, 03:30:07 am »
Bck when the card was a spell with the same affect, I struggled and struggled to make it useful, lolz. I talked about it in posts, too. Now people would think my posts are crazy. Probably myfavorite card! In fact, it's becoming my avatar :o
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline Daguerreo

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Daguerreo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Glu Glu Glu
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg525136#msg525136
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »
Who think SoP is OP why don't post a -competitive- deck?

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg525137#msg525137
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »
Who think SoP is OP why don't post a -competitive- deck?
The only really good SoP deck that I can think of on top of my head is SoP+RoL hope, but maybe if someone will post the fabled fantabow we can see.

anything
blarg: