*Author

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg471410#msg471410
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 12:18:20 pm »
I like how people diss a new card after one day. We got some pretty expert players here who evaluate all combos in mere hours.
The problem is always the same: tradeoff of not doing damage is worth the boost only when you wouldn't normally deal damage (phase shield, sundial, Shard of Sacrifice, other stuff). Otherwise, it's pretty much useless. Squid stall and fracsalia seem good on paper, but RR tested both and I trust his opinion on the matter.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg471425#msg471425
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 02:04:34 pm »
I like how people diss a new card after one day. We got some pretty expert players here who evaluate all combos in mere hours.
The problem is always the same: tradeoff of not doing damage is worth the boost only when you wouldn't normally deal damage (phase shield, sundial, Shard of Sacrifice, other stuff). Otherwise, it's pretty much useless. Squid stall and fracsalia seem good on paper, but RR tested both and I trust his opinion on the matter.
It's actually good if you get the right draw in the right deck.
And generally, three turns of SoP are the best use it can get, unless DimShield/SoSa.
But, in a rush this is useless because it just won't be worth it, and it makes a stall more unstable.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472198#msg472198
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:26 am »
Yes, I agree. Even as a permanent, this card is a waste unless your opponent have a stall (Sundial, Dim Shield, SoSac...) +1/0 is just not worthy skip an attack normally, and I doubt people will use a card that is this situational.

If adding defense is a problem due to Sparks, maybe add it just to creatures that cost 1+ or 2+, or add a defense bonus according to the creature cost.

Another option I think is about to increase the bonus for non water creatures. +3/0 'could' make it interesting. Maybe +2/0, but I feel its still a small bonus.

I would go for keep it as spell and increase bonus. Without a better bonus, I think even the permanent version is UP.

burne

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472237#msg472237
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:54 am »
I think older version was already powerfull and under rated.

This one is simply deadly with a squid lock or any kind of creature stall.
The fact that not a lot of people enjoy stall deck make it seems weak.

Water creature gets dragonlike in a few turns and there is a lot of usage like scorpions, wardens.
Creature even still produce quanta when delayed.
And one of its most evil use is to throw a voodoo doll in as a weapon control.

At least it deserve to be more expensive.

Offline zhangvict

• Reputation Power: 6
  • zhangvict is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • For Gondor!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472239#msg472239
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2012, 07:36:38 am »
make it stack. Then it will not be UP.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472268#msg472268
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2012, 10:00:39 am »
make it stack. Then it will not be UP.
Already did.
To add a few things:
The SoP do stack. However, the effect doesn't. If you manually remove it, the entire stack will be destroyed. Stacking SoP over the old one also removes the ability to destroy it that turn. So you must wait another turn to remove it. Thus, stacking SoP is capable but not recommended because of no positive aspect but many negative ones.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Marvaddin

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472271#msg472271
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2012, 10:19:50 am »
I think he was talking exactly about stack to increase effect. Looks like zanz want to kill the card even more. If having multiple copies is a bad thing, why have more than 2-3 in the deck, even when its important to the strategy?

Burne, this version can be great for water decks, but its still weak for non water decks, which is the point about changing the card.

burne

Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472273#msg472273
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2012, 10:43:26 am »
but its still weak for non water decks,
I'm thinking putting this in a pestal/quicksand deck, can be better than eclipse.

Or maybe in an earth stall, warden will become massive destroyer.

In a RoL/hope deck, it will become more powerfull than dragons.

As said before with voodoo, completely disable even protected weapons.

Great counter against nasty shields. RoL vs fire bluckler is a nice example.

Most of all it is THE counter against SoSac.

And don't forget it boost even burrowed and quinted creature.

Oh, wait, maybe a way to manage singularities ?

In my opinion it's already good enough to fit a lot of kinds of decks.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472301#msg472301
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2012, 01:34:11 pm »
I think he was talking exactly about stack to increase effect. Looks like zanz want to kill the card even more. If having multiple copies is a bad thing, why have more than 2-3 in the deck, even when its important to the strategy?

Burne, this version can be great for water decks, but its still weak for non water decks, which is the point about changing the card.
Couple earth decks its pretty strong in as well. 
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Marvaddin

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472399#msg472399
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »
Ok, can be strong for some decks (not rush decks, of course, but some controls could have benefit). I still think this could be a spell, but more powerful than the previous version. I also dislike this being a permanent.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472417#msg472417
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »
I like SoP.

I'm having fun right now with a deck that stalls with sundials and cloak
while my vampires are getting stronger giving me soon incredible healing :P
Also SoP is cool to prevent the AI from playing DimShields.
And when the time has come for my vampires I play shard of Freedom and BOOM muahahaha ^^

Short question about the stack thing using more than one SoP at the time?
What happens if e.g. I have a field full of malignant, then stack 3 SoP for some turns and then I use chimera?
Would the stack still be eliminated? Because if not this will be an incredible OTK :D
Nevermind, I'm gonna try it myself :)

Edit: Ok, I misunderstood the stack thing. It still provides only one ATK, independently of the amount of SoP in play :)
Maybe I should read better or not so late in the evening...
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Picheleiro

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Picheleiro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Engrish scholar
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg472574#msg472574
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2012, 10:21:26 am »
but its still weak for non water decks,
I'm thinking putting this in a pestal/quicksand deck, can be better than eclipse.

I think pestal only steals quantum if it go within the attack phase, it doesnt steal otherwise. Somebody please reply me if Im wrong.

Or maybe in an earth stall, warden will become massive destroyer.

Well, yes. It seems a really good combination. Maybe you got a point here.

In a RoL/hope deck, it will become more powerfull than dragons.

They grow too slow, and they have one Hp. They can die with everything. I wouldnt use.

As said before with voodoo, completely disable even protected weapons.

It seems too slow to be OP. Even if it is difficult to deal with.

Great counter against nasty shields. RoL vs fire bluckler is a nice example.

Most of all it is THE counter against SoSac.

Its the perfect card to counter another card. So is Purify OP too?

And don't forget it boost even burrowed and quinted creature.

They still dont attack.

Oh, wait, maybe a way to manage singularities ?

Like sundials and things like that. I dont see the problem.

In my opinion it's already good enough to fit a lot of kinds of decks.
I dont know if it leads to some OP combination. But I´m sure that now it is one of the worst cards in the game. I tried lots and lots of combinations and none work. Even in the arena.

blarg: