*Author

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470080#msg470080
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2012, 02:51:27 pm »
I love this change. Patience, Little Ones may just have become a viable FG deck. :D
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Marvaddin

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470609#msg470609
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:39 am »
I really think the way to go to this card is not being completelly crap for all except Water. Not attacking a turn in exchange of +1+0? C'mon, its pretty bad.

Even if this is going to be a permanent, I think that we could put water and other elements improvments nearer. Like +1+2 to non water (maybe interesting with Otyugh, for example), +2+2 to water, +3+2 or +3+3 to water in flooded area. The crap +1+0 is nothing, and will still kill the card. However, I still think this could be a spell.

The way it was, really useless card.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470612#msg470612
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 02:49:56 am »
And now it will at least see some light use.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470619#msg470619
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 03:00:52 am »
Even if this is going to be a permanent, I think that we could put water and other elements improvments nearer. Like +1+2 to non water (maybe interesting with Otyugh, for example)
Minus the permanent status, its original form was similar to this but was changed to +1/+0 because of what it could do with Sparks/Ball Lightnings (from what I can recall).  I don't remember experimenting with those and Fractal though, so...someone else would have to testify if that combination was broken/OP.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline kurathedog

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kurathedog is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470623#msg470623
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 03:21:56 am »
Hmmm, this gives yet another dune scorp use. Has the strong disadvantage of CC though.
Might work better with death stalkers. Pause for a turn, drop scorps, buff, break patience.
Which, incidentally, both work with the current version of patience. Also silly how it is yet another  :death/ :water synergy. Something that I haven't really felt feels all too flavorful in the first place.

This sort of thing works best on creatures with abilities that still work well even when they aren't attacking. Especially cheap creatures.
RoL. Rol/Hope works better with dragon finishers, I think. Although patience T1, while waiting might work. Lets you grow your rol's fat.
Gemfinder: Nothing comes to mind
dragonfly: Early game again, while waiting for blitz? (And the new freedom shard)
pest: Another nice use, I think. Load up potential damage, even while burrowed (I think)
More water. Epic beatdown if the poison isn't enough. Not sure if the slots are worth it though. Maybe a 2 of?
Squid. Mono water control wincon? Squid lockdown into fat squids?
Scarab: HP isn't a problem, lets you load up damage again. Mostly unnecessary, with catapults.

As I typed that, new questions came to mind.
Q1: What happens when you dive? Double, +1, half. If round up, net +1. If round down, net +0.
Q2: Burrow. Is it +1 every other turn? Or +1 every turn, then double when unburrow?

That might make another interesting deck. Antlions and gemfinders with patience.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470637#msg470637
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 03:36:22 am »
A deck involving burrowing devourers, using SoP then unburrowing them has already been made IIRC.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470653#msg470653
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 04:04:41 am »
I really think the way to go to this card is not being completelly crap for all except Water. Not attacking a turn in exchange of +1+0? C'mon, its pretty bad.

Even if this is going to be a permanent, I think that we could put water and other elements improvments nearer. Like +1+2 to non water (maybe interesting with Otyugh, for example), +2+2 to water, +3+2 or +3+3 to water in flooded area. The crap +1+0 is nothing, and will still kill the card. However, I still think this could be a spell.

Problem with that boost for non-waters is Sparks/Ball Lightnings, which is why it got dropped to +1/0 originally.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470751#msg470751
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »
I really think the way to go to this card is not being completelly crap for all except Water.
Sadly it's quite crappy for water, too. (And most shard are WAY better in their element).
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470760#msg470760
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 01:13:56 pm »
I really think the way to go to this card is not being completelly crap for all except Water.
Sadly it's quite crappy for water, too. (And most shard are WAY better in their element).
You sure it's crappy for water ?

You can build up to 100 damage after a few turns with this shard. Now to mention the stalling potential of water

I'd expect the appearance of waterstall with Arctic Squids, Freeze, flooding and Permafrost, with SoP for OTK

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470843#msg470843
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
You sure it's crappy for water ?

You can build up to 100 damage after a few turns with this shard. Now to mention the stalling potential of water

I'd expect the appearance of waterstall with Arctic Squids, Freeze, flooding and Permafrost, with SoP for OTK
I'm quite sure. I used Waterstall quite before SoP came, and was good enough. I don't think it would work well enough, too many weaknesses. Also, OTKing is generally not the best choice.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg470852#msg470852
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »
It takes a bit of skill to use and it is quite powerful, maybe too powerful.
I completely agree with Zanz's statement here. Now SoP can become a really powerful (and cheap) trick in the right settings and if played right, but far from 'too powerful'. After some playtesting, and comparing it with the other shards and their respective elements, I think it is fair enough. It also opens up some interesting new possibilities all around, especially considering the lineup of Sacrifice decks lately - but Shard of Patience will no way be the "remedy for Water", and of course, it shouldn't be. But it's a force to be reckoned with, and maybe with future (Water) card additions there'll be even more powerful possibilities, who knows?

I really like SoP after this little change. The AI should learn some tricks with it, though.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Shard of Patience | Shard of Patience https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31451.msg471220#msg471220
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:40 am »
I like how people diss a new card after one day. We got some pretty expert players here who evaluate all combos in mere hours.

anything
blarg: