*Author

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197316#msg1197316
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 05:34:59 am »
Spoiler for quote pyramid:
This card is almost useless in mono :water decks.
... wat

24 water pillars 6 NTs is one of the fastest decks around

I prefer to keep my pillars to save quanta for all my Ice Lances.
so by those standards fire rush is weak since you would rather save quanta for firebolt and fahrenheit instead of playing pheonixes and crimson dragons?
it is practically the same thing

Phoenix can be reborn, and Crimson Dragon doesn't have to sacrifice a Pillar to be summoned.
nymphs can survive a lightning. its not reeeeealy worth killing it

and nymphs cost 4 and a pillar. dragons/pheonixes cost 10/7 respectively. with 24 pillars, 4 water & a pillar is a reasonable tradeoff

if youre that worried, pack 2-3 squids. 9/10 times they are better than icebolt anyway

I do pack 2 octopi.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197317#msg1197317
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:28 am »
... wat

so by those standards fire rush is weak since you would rather save quanta for firebolt and fahrenheit instead of playing pheonixes and crimson dragons?

Phoenix can be reborn, and Crimson Dragon doesn't have to sacrifice a Pillar to be summoned.

and nymphs cost 4 and a pillar. dragons/pheonixes cost 10/7 respectively. with 24 pillars, 4 water & a pillar is a reasonable tradeoff

if youre that worried, pack 2-3 squids. 9/10 times they are better than icebolt anyway

I do pack 2 octopi.
kinda irrelevant to have icebolts and octopi isnt it? in a mono air rush, people dont pack 6 shockwaves and 3 EEs for a reason

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197318#msg1197318
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 05:40:59 am »

I've used it in a mono in rushes, dominators, stalls, and stallbreaks -the four major decktypes, in my view of the game. It's useful and normally powerful in any kind of mono-Water.

Ice Lances don't have the sheer damage potential tears do. Ice Lances can't even OTK and they need a whole game's worth of stall to get close. Meanwhile Tears in a rush-heavy deck often kills in 7 turns and in a domin, often 9. It's CC and occasionally PC, but you use it alongside Tears (or other damage) in either a domin or a stall - you would rarely run it alone.

Crimson Dragon dies to so much. An unupped Nymph can't die to one Lightning, Shockwave, or unupped Rage Potion, and needs 10 quanta to die to Fire Bolt and 20 for the other bolts, plus two uses of Owl's Eye. Upgraded is even more resilent, as you need 10 more quanta for every bolt, an extra use of Owl's Eye, and upgrading to Rage Elixir doesn't help. Soft CC is far more effective against it, and rush and stall monos both have ways to get around that, so neither is typically game over.

As for Phoenixes being reborn, sure, but that CC above tends to slow Phoenix down just as much, if not more. They're both strong resilent damage - Phoenixes build up damage quicker but Nymphs are a better swarmer and therefore stallbreaker.

kinda irrelevant to have icebolts and octopi isnt it? in a mono air rush, people dont pack 6 shockwaves and 3 EEs for a reason

Not completely, their overlap isn't huge, they both do things the other can't.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:00:13 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197322#msg1197322
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 05:56:46 am »
... wat

I do pack 2 octopi.

Octopi are for lockdown, Ice Bolts for killing the player.
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197323#msg1197323
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 06:00:59 am »
Ice bolts will not be a faster kill than NT+pillars rush.  >.<  How do you figure / calculate that, Monox?
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197325#msg1197325
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 06:13:31 am »
Ice bolts will not be a faster kill than NT+pillars rush.  >.<  How do you figure / calculate that, Monox?

Ice Bolts goes through Shields.

Offline Sera

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Sera hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 1st Place
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197326#msg1197326
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 06:21:09 am »
Might as well run a real OTK.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197341#msg1197341
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 09:07:14 am »
If shields are such an issue in your NT rush, just splash in a mark for the PC of your choice. (Deflags so fun.)
If sacrificing a pillar is an issue for you, feel free to run nymph queens over NT if you have them.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197364#msg1197364
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2015, 11:45:35 am »
If shields are such an issue in your NT rush, just splash in a mark for the PC of your choice. (Deflags so fun.)
My OCD prevents me from putting any card which uses/gives non- :water quanta in my deck.

If sacrificing a pillar is an issue for you, feel free to run nymph queens over NT if you have them.
I do have one if I recall, but I prefer Arctic Dragon for beatdown.

Offline Sera

• Sera hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 1st Place
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197375#msg1197375
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2015, 12:29:46 pm »
Okay, so basically NT is useless in-element because it's not your preference, and because of non-clinical OCD? We aren't going anywhere with these kinds of arguments.

NT is pretty solid in-element as is. Arguably the most reliable use, even. Monowater NT is a solid rush that's not too vulnerable to CC.

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1197696#msg1197696
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2015, 04:16:30 pm »

His problem was that NT is pointless for a mono-Water, Fro. - -;
And yes, I must admit Deflag is pretty fun to splash with, since the other instant-PC, Steal, costs 4 darkness, which isn't exactly fun to splash on.
Face it, the popularity of mono-Water NT rush isn't for nothing. The first one costs 7 :water (or 6 :water, upped) and a Water Pillar, which sounds a pretty decent trade instead of 8 :water, but 4 :water and a pillar for a 5/6 frame (or, on a Water Tower, 6/7) afterwards is quite the bargain. You can even slip in a few pends or pillars of other element in exchange of the Water Pillars, too (in fact, one of my favorite decks is a Death/Water NT rush/domin).

And that's not even factoring the fact that not everyone owns 'a crowded harem' (read: lots of Nymphs).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:33:53 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline TeRevised

• Reputation Power: 1
  • TeRevised is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1869.msg1293461#msg1293461
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2019, 03:40:57 pm »
This quickly becomes self-sufficient with Water Towers and some other Pillars.
It bypasses the RNG and drawing weakness by 3 utilities:
Having few moving parts to chain into rapid attack.
Spending its own resource to raise power, efficiently.
High resilience. Period.

anything
blarg: