*Author

Offline jmizzle7Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Mind Flayer | Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg17189#msg17189
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:33 pm »

Mind Flayer
NAME
Ulitharid
Water
ELEMENT
Water
2 :water
COST
3 :water
Creature
TYPE
Creature
2|2
STATS
3|4
Common
RARITY
Upgraded
56 | 38
BUY | SELL
1556 | 1159
5if
CARD CODE
7gv

WIKI PAGE:
http://elementscommunity.org/wiki/cards-water/mind-flayer-ulitharid/
USES: Mind Flayers are cheap creatures, that can be played out fast - preferably before any opposing creature; and with the use of some spare :aether, they can get rid of any ability they posess.
Ulitharid gains additional stat increase for an additional :water cost.
EXAMPLE DECK:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 58v 58v 5fa 5fa 5if 5if 61o 61o 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 621 621 622 7k2 7q5 7q5 7q5 8pu

Discuss.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg17239#msg17239
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:43:40 am »
Good creature. The upped is much better because it can survive a rain of fire, which can help a lot. The flying lobotomizer, such evil things when i don't have my Quints on my creatures.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg19127#msg19127
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »
The biggest problem with this card in a non-Rainbow context is that Water already has Freeze and Toadfish and will soon add Squids to it's repertoire.  Why remove a skill when you can just lock the creature up in ice and watch the infection kill it?

Even in Rainbows, they're probably going to get bumped in favor of Permafrost or Squids because with Phase Shield and Quintessence showing up in most rainbows these days, you'd rather use the Water-intensive Squid than the Aether-draining Ulitharid.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

icybraker

Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg19155#msg19155
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:31 pm »
Well, I tried both Arctic Octopus and Ulitharid in my Rainbow deck, and Ulitharid seems to work a lot better. I think the main reason why this is is because Arctic Octopus stops nasty creatures for a temporary time and a large cost. Ulitharid stops nasty abilities forever and it costs very little, even with all the other Aether items in a Rainbow deck. Sure the Octopus is useful, but once 4+ creatures appear, you're not going to freeze all of them. Its quanta consumption is also a problem. The Ulitharid is nimble, not very costly, has a decent attack, and a great ability that can destroy decks easily.

dapol

Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg24675#msg24675
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »
I personally don't really like to use them but can def see their potential.  hate when scorpio plays these guys...  I personally prefer the Lobo though.

wralen

Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg56264#msg56264
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 05:13:19 am »
This card has definitely won me games... in fact, I credit my last FG victory to this card (Osiris) for mind-nuking all the pharaohs.   

kristoff

Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg118118#msg118118
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 05:16:40 am »
i like the none upgraded version. looks like a hammer head shark <3

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Mind Flayer / Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg119410#msg119410
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:04:20 pm »
Mind Flayer is awesome. It can slow most enemies until you manage to set out more massive control.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Ningo67

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Ningo67 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • HAI
Re: Mind Flayer | Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg1042933#msg1042933
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:44 pm »
This card looks so epic and it has a really unique ability
THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME :P

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Mind Flayer | Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg1138904#msg1138904
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »
Btw, what does this card resemble? A merman?
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mind Flayer | Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg1139040#msg1139040
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 02:48:37 pm »
Illithids are a race in D&D, all of them possessing psionic powers that gave them a nickname born from fear: "mind flayers". They are humanoids with squid-like heads. The original mind flayers were created by Gary Gygax (co-creator of D&D), who said that one of his inspirations for them was the cover painting of the book "The Burrowers Beneath" by Brian Lumley. That book is grounded in the Cthulhu Mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft, which is most likely the first occurrence in modern culture of squids with psychic influence.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Mind Flayer | Ulitharid https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2070.msg1139042#msg1139042
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »
Illithids are a race in D&D, all of them possessing psionic powers that gave them a nickname born from fear: "mind flayers". They are humanoids with squid-like heads. The original mind flayers were created by Gary Gygax (co-creator of D&D), who said that one of his inspirations for them was the cover painting of the book "The Burrowers Beneath" by Brian Lumley. That book is grounded in the Cthulhu Mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft, which is most likely the first occurrence in modern culture of squids with psychic influence.

And they have automatic brain estraction if they can make a contact attack with their tentacles (for 1 turn)

Pretty hard opponents in D&D.

;)
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

anything
blarg: jmizzle7