*Author

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1185989#msg1185989
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »
i dun have my favourite water card,
i generally avoid water cards,
they really need some buffings and
maybe some improvements on freeze.

With all due respect, only two water cards need a buff:

The rest are all powerful, generally weak but very powerful in a niche use (Flooding, for example), or simply good to average cards.

Water's weakness is not weak cards, it is lack of a way to deal with permanents. Water has no true PC card, no card that can evade shields, and no protection cards.

Anyways, my favorite water card is Nymph's Tears.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:01:04 pm by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1185990#msg1185990
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2015, 07:01:45 pm »
Now, please leave that poor Puffer alone. The art buff already makes it OP.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1185992#msg1185992
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2015, 07:07:22 pm »
i'm afraid i can't choose that.....  8)
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1186580#msg1186580
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 01:04:57 pm »
Puffer Fish is insane with Epinephrine. ;D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1186634#msg1186634
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 06:42:48 pm »
Puffer Fish is insane with Epinephrine. ;D

Puffer Fishes are insane, period. Good durability, good power, and venomous.

Their costs -- cost to acquire (29 :electrum to get the toadfish AND the extra 1500 :electrum to promote them, not to mention they're off-limits in fully unupped play) and cost to summon (5 :water, most creatures whose attack is venomous costs no more than 3 quanta of their element, balanced by their frailness in solo play) -- does justice to their prowess, methinks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:47:04 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1186652#msg1186652
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2015, 10:08:55 pm »
Now, please leave that poor Puffer alone. The art buff already makes it OP.

The art buff makes Toadfish OP, it makes Puffer usable :P

Offline potatoman6134

• Reputation Power: 1
  • potatoman6134 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Too tired to think
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1187444#msg1187444
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 11:27:18 pm »
I love Nymph's Tears, it's ingenious, but my favorite has to go to mind flayer.  The amount of times it has saved me from almost certain losses is uncountable.
The best lies are those that are wrapped around a core of truth.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1187465#msg1187465
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2015, 03:07:29 am »
With all due respect, only two water cards need a buff:

Problem is decks like the following one; :water has Adrenaline almost in-element for free. That's why Blue Crawler, Puffer Fish and Ulitharid can't cost less than they already do.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bs 5bs 5bs 5de 5de 5de 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5i6 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8pp
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1187469#msg1187469
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2015, 03:32:07 am »
Free? 7 :water, plus 2 :life the next turn before it actually does anything, is not free. Yes, it is unlimited, assuming your nymphs don't get killed, but Adrenaline from hand costs half as much and can be used the turn you draw it. In that example, I'd rather just run Adrenaline and maybe a couple Green Nymphs rather than Tears, because in that situation I'd rather have quick, limited Adrenaline than slow and unlimited.

Adrenaline is the only reason Blue Crawler (barring maybe Luciferin, which isn't exactly gamebreaking) and Puffer Fish are even viable. Puffer, without Adren, needs 6 turns to equal Toadfish in damage. In the upped metagame, that's very little time. I don't think reducing its cost to 4 would be overpowered. I bet it'd still be less powerful than the best upped Adren synergies.

Blue Crawler is trickier, because 3 attack for 3 is weak, but 3 attack for 2 could be powerful even without Adrenaline. The simpler buff there would be to raise attack to 4, or give it some kind of ability, like oETG did with the nocturnal passive.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: Favorite Water Card - and WHY? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2606.msg1187537#msg1187537
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2015, 07:58:54 pm »
By "free" I do not mean cost-free of course. I mean "card" free, because you can have infinite supply of Adrenaline with just :life pillars/pends, something that even the very same of :life element lacks (it has to use the Adrenaline|Epinephrine spell or actually have the ultra-rare Nymph).
Running Adrenaline or Green Nymph with the deck I posted? Seriously? With what quanta and with what card space? :P
Tears produce both :water and :life Nymphs; Green Nymph is ultra-rare, tears is not...
Puffer is poisonous, thus it has the stallbreaking potential of that ability, plus it was meant to be used with adrenaline or mitosis much like Forest Scorpion does. Sure, Puffer needs :life :water synnergy to be effective, but hey, there is Forest Spirit that does the same too! ;)
Merc is :gravity so +2hp, Horned is :life so -1 cost, Flesh Spider has Web and Crawler has the passive of not drawning within Flooding (like any :water creature of course), as well as having SoPa in-element which is something! :P

EDIT: Ok, I'm convienced. Crawler needs nocturnal. :P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:02:06 pm by ARTHANASIOS »

blarg: