*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1037794#msg1037794
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:08 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gp 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gt 7gu 7gu 7gu 7hi 7hi 7hi 8pp

So this is a fun deck because it's mainly completely powered by Dry Spell.
I almost always have a Tower in my starting hand. So I can start doing damage with Physalia.
If I have SoP I play it immediately. You want your creatures to survive Dry Spell, right?

Octopus' ability should only be used in emergencies because you want as many creatures as possible to be powered by SoP.
And since your quanta support is very limited you have to play accordingly.

The deck has 17 creatures, so more than half of the cards are there to attack. I often play it as a TTK. If I have to use more Dry Spells
because otherwise the enemy gets to strong I remove SoP earlier.

I guess that's all there is to say. Have fun with it :)

Suggestions are welcome.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline choongmyoung

• Reputation Power: 16
  • choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.choongmyoung is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Me the Korean Cubiest.
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1037796#msg1037796
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:09:58 am »
Since the Puffer Fish won't attack (= poison won't set up) better change it with unupped one.
Circular Logic is true. Thus, Circular Logic is true.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1071314#msg1071314
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:46:15 am »
I replace Dragon with NT or Inundation whenever I play with any deck similar to this, as a personal preference. Awesome deck. :)

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1241352#msg1241352
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:54:00 am »
How are the physalias supposed to use poison without any :death quanta?
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1241353#msg1241353
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 08:55:55 am »
How are the physalias supposed to use poison without any :death quanta?

They aren't, they're just there because they're cheap.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1245870#msg1245870
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 04:28:20 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 5ij 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gp 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gt 7gu 7gu 7gu 7hi 7hi 7hi 8pp

I almost always have a Tower in my starting hand.

Of course you almost always have a Tower in your starting hand. They are the only 0-cost cards in your deck. The Mulligan system here guarantess you to have at least one 0-cost card in your starting hand (CMIIW).
That being said, if I build a deck with only 7 pillars/pendulums and all my other cards have cost more than 0, will it guarantee me to always play a costed card in my first turn? (Assuming the cost is 1).
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1245871#msg1245871
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 04:37:09 am »
The Mulligan system here guarantess you to have at least one 0-cost card in your starting hand (CMIIW).

As far as I know, the mulligan only triggers once, so if the second draw doesn't have a 0-cost card, you're out of luck

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1245877#msg1245877
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 06:09:19 am »
The Mulligan system here guarantess you to have at least one 0-cost card in your starting hand (CMIIW).

As far as I know, the mulligan only triggers once, so if the second draw doesn't have a 0-cost card, you're out of luck

Ugh... How could the OP of this thread get so lucky?  ::)
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • now palafrost
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1245878#msg1245878
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:13:38 am »

About 76% for an 8 card hand after factoring in mulligan, I believe - I wouldn't call that 'almost every game' but there are worse things to rely on

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1245886#msg1245886
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 06:32:03 am »

About 76% for an 8 card hand after factoring in mulligan, I believe - I wouldn't call that 'almost every game' but there are worse things to rely on

Well, maybe he was just played 4 games, and 3 out of 4 is indeed "almost every game".

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Increasing Water Level https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46478.msg1251671#msg1251671
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 12:42:29 am »

Well, maybe he was just played 4 games, and 3 out of 4 is indeed "almost every game".

Checking into the forums after a long time. Who'd have thought that this deck got some more attention? ^^ Makes me happy though :)

Well, I don't know the probabilities and can't remember how many games I played. If it's 75% it still feels like a lot, at least to me :P moreover, even with no tower, after two turns you can use dry spell, and usually drop a physalia with SOP or similar (assuming your opponent played some creatures of course).
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

anything
blarg: