3 (12%)
5 months
0 (0%)
6 months
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: June 06, 2019, 06:51:34 pm

Poll

How many phases (mini-events) would you prefer war to have?

1 phase
10 (50%)
2 phases
6 (30%)
3 phases
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 06, 2019, 06:55:46 pm

Poll

How many teams would you prefer?

12 teams
9 (36%)
8 teams
6 (24%)
6 teams
10 (40%)
4 teams
0 (0%)

Voting closed: June 06, 2019, 06:50:09 pm

Poll

How would you prefer war teams to win?

Elimination: win when other teams are all out (current)
21 (84%)
Win rate: team with best win/loss ratio after x rounds
0 (0%)
Total wins: team with most wins after x rounds
4 (16%)

Voting closed: June 06, 2019, 06:54:44 pm

*Author

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1290575#msg1290575
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2019, 06:39:28 pm »
My votes.

3 months. Clicked first the 4 months option, but then remembered how hard it was on my nerves. Btw, I guess it would be
easier for the 2nd time (if I happen to be General again, somehow). I could roll with the 4 months option, too, but pls, include
one or two 1 week breaks.

1 phase. ONE WAR.

12 teams. I'm pretty sure 36 players can be gathered half year from now. We should promote Trials, since that alone
can decide how successful War gets, too.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Elimination. As serprex said, attrition is the name of the game. True to the word "War".

This.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1290577#msg1290577
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 07:24:37 pm »
Looks like the poll results are in. There already seems to be a clear consensus on a desire to keep war from extending past round 12, while keeping elimination. But the other two polls seem divided. Feel free to pitch in some final thoughts for the war planning team to work with for the next war's rule set.

Unless another council member gets to it first, I intend to make a first draft for war planning team applications within the next two days, meaning I expect applications to be accepted within less than a week. Stay tuned!

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1290579#msg1290579
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 08:53:13 pm »
Here's an idea.  Each player has to play 2 matches each round, and each non-Gen is also a Lt., but everyone (including Gen) is a Soldier for their second match.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1293522#msg1293522
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 02:37:07 am »
Hi, so we've been working on what to do about market in War 13. We'd like to bring down the difference in market costs, which'll help move away from fodder. Instead we'll have a market cost & an upgrade modifier. Also thinking of putting a cap on vault size, maybe 300

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jty8SQTYmNiwpKC8kv5ZfuEe_6NPFHhHeP4DmiaXKjw

These numbers are mostly pulled out of my ass, but in the interest of not giving unfair advantage to generals on the War Planning Team, I'd like to have this be a public discussion

I won't be participating next war unless I make the mistake of signing up to be a WM. So here's your chance to feed me some War salt & remember: I chose these numbers because I hate certain elements (it happens to include your favorite), not because of any personal oversight

Also: these numberes are very likely to be changed. Not by prose outlining how strong/weak a card is, but by analysing what impact these numbers have on specific decks. I intend to write a tool to help iterate on this process. I have a hunch that rushes have gotten away with too much here, plenty of options, might make upgrading pillars count as 1.5
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:28:38 pm by serprex »

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1293523#msg1293523
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 02:50:20 am »
Red and turquoise nymphs are too expensive. Also fodder was not really an issue. People just hadn't ever seen fodder like time had last war. Now that they've seen it, everyone knows that time can only be playing a few select strong decks. Makes having that much fodder again not as strong because people can kind of predict what you'll play. I would just nerf some of the really cheap costing cards so that one element doesn't have like 5 minimum cost cards.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1293777#msg1293777
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2019, 08:31:51 pm »
Ok, for those of you who havent noticed, in the most recent version of market we removed market prices entirely (or rather serprex and weeaboo did all the work). Instead everyone gets 300 cards in vault (I guess auction/draft will either work without bids or we will bid cards like we did in the olden days).
Balancing is instead accomplished through upgrade modifiers which affect deckbuilding.
So long as your deck has a positive total upgrade modifier (and conforms with other rules) it will be legal. Yes, some upgraded cards are so bad they actually increase your upgrade modifier when you upgrade them (most unusually pufferfish, where toadfish gives a minor penalty, but the upgraded card actually increases the amount of upgrade points you can spend on other cards).
Deliberately putting the card relic in your deck will increase the upgrade modifier by 3 (as either version). Putting in Relic as substitute when realizing your collection doesnt match the deck in vault does not increase number of upgrades you may use. Spending a relic from your vault (with separate counter afaik) increases the upgrade modifier of one deck by 1. I can see no way how this could get confusing.

The spreadsheet link that serp posted always links to the up to date market.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: War Reform https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67163.msg1293779#msg1293779
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2019, 10:14:17 pm »
(I guess auction/draft will either work without bids or we will bid cards like we did in the olden days).

Yeah, auction/draft will be with cards.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

anything
blarg: