*Author

Offline Spielkind

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Mess with the best - die like the rest!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237036#msg1237036
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2016, 04:54:32 pm »
i think being allowed to replace any un-owned card with quanta seems fair. makes it weaker, most likely over-quantaed, but the deck still runs.
having to use relics = dead cards. nobody likes dead cards.

Over quanta'd doesn't automatically mean weaker. In some cases (Nymphs vs Denial, weapons vs heavy PC, SoSac vs many purifies, etc) Pillars will be significantly stronger than the card they would be replacing.

Replacing Marks with Pillars is fine in my book - they're always going to be slightly inferior, barring a very unusual situation involving Nymph Queen/Tears. This was the system used last War. But replacing other cards with Pillars isn't a good idea, in my opinion. I could see it easily leading to abuse.

Why will you build a weak deck to abuse it with a substitution rule to pack in quanta instead of a rare???  :o
Why not building the better deck with unlimited quanta directly?
Don't get what you fear, afda.  8)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny rules the Earth.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation!

Offline Afdarenty

• Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237039#msg1237039
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »
i think being allowed to replace any un-owned card with quanta seems fair. makes it weaker, most likely over-quantaed, but the deck still runs.
having to use relics = dead cards. nobody likes dead cards.

Over quanta'd doesn't automatically mean weaker. In some cases (Nymphs vs Denial, weapons vs heavy PC, SoSac vs many purifies, etc) Pillars will be significantly stronger than the card they would be replacing.

Replacing Marks with Pillars is fine in my book - they're always going to be slightly inferior, barring a very unusual situation involving Nymph Queen/Tears. This was the system used last War. But replacing other cards with Pillars isn't a good idea, in my opinion. I could see it easily leading to abuse.

Why will you build a weak deck to abuse it with a substitution rule to pack in quanta instead of a rare???  :o
Why not building the better deck with unlimited quanta directly?
Don't get what you fear, afda.  8)

You are playing a deck with 3 Auburn Nymphs in it. You are also playing 6 Steel Golems. This deck is an optimal build against the range of decks you expect to play against.

As it turns out, you're unexpectedly matched up against Discord/Earthquake. It's a match up that the Auburn Nymphs are bad in. But that's okay - you can sub, and the Auburn Nymphs become Pillars for you. With the extra Pillars instead of the expensive Nymphs your deck is much more likely to win. Yay!

Admittedly this is an extreme case, but it does highlight the issues.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237040#msg1237040
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2016, 05:21:12 pm »
how can you sub after you have seen the deck?
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237041#msg1237041
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2016, 05:22:51 pm »
"Oh hey, I gotta go, sorry. I'll let this other guy sub"

Offline Afdarenty

• Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237042#msg1237042
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2016, 05:31:33 pm »
Or the decks that you predicted have already been used in other matches. Swapping rares to pillars has the potential to help out a lot vs what the opponent has left.

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237043#msg1237043
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2016, 05:34:06 pm »
Or the decks that you predicted have already been used in other matches. Swapping rares to pillars has the potential to help out a lot vs what the opponent has left.
suddenly, newbs become MVPs for not having rares :P

Mark -> pillar is fine IMO, rares that are not possessed by the sub should be relics/unupped if possessed but not upped.

Offline Spielkind

• Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Mess with the best - die like the rest!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237136#msg1237136
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2016, 01:57:55 pm »
Awww you serious? Come on...  if this will realy happen plz call me out. What the hell are you imagine? Is it real  to rule such things cause of some pe**sheads??? In any case there will be WMs voted by community and given a high respect position to handle dumb soldiers doing this, if generals can't do this before, cause i hope no general would let this happen. If you think such problems will occur you should handle it in the beginning building a community with fair and honorable people. (I guess we have that kind of community already and don't need that strong rule)

You can give newbs a much better chance if you let them sub with pillars for rares. In so many cases you make it easier to sub for them and let then get practise instead of forcing them to not suicide with crippled decks with zero winchance and let a vet play the game.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny rules the Earth.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation!

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237138#msg1237138
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
Awww you serious? Come on...  if this will realy happen plz call me out. What the hell are you imagine? Is it real  to rule such things cause of some pe**sheads??? In any case there will be WMs voted by community and given a high respect position to handle dumb soldiers doing this, if generals can't do this before, cause i hope no general would let this happen. If you think such problems will occur you should handle it in the beginning building a community with fair and honorable people. (I guess we have that kind of community already and don't need that strong rule)

You can give newbs a much better chance if you let them sub with pillars for rares. In so many cases you make it easier to sub for them and let then get practise instead of forcing them to not suicide with crippled decks with zero winchance and let a vet play the game.

What I see that is more likely... I need to leave in a hurry and I had 5 useless upped nymph in a deck since I face a hard counter... say lobo +dims... Imagine the drama if nymph becomes pillars and we win because of an early rush with the extra quanta..... WMS would be blamed to have accepted a rule change.. and my team would receive trash talk forever because it's what we had to use as a deck not what we wanted to...

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237139#msg1237139
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
Let WMs decide what the cards the sub can use in a case by case basis, if it's really a problem.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237140#msg1237140
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2016, 03:11:00 pm »
Let WMs decide what the cards the sub can use in a case by case basis, if it's really a problem.
I think it is what is done until now and I was more then happy with the WMS judgment on this so far.  Maybe I have just been lucky, but I didn't see a need for much of a change here.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: War #9 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59204.msg1237170#msg1237170
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2016, 11:59:21 pm »
"WMs may arbitrarily decide" is a really good rule. More rules should be that way. War rules should decribe the ropes, I tried a couple times to make War's rules as minimal as possible. Anything peculiar should fall under "Shutup & do what WMs say"

blarg: Hyroen