*Author

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187621#msg1187621
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »
I preferred the ancient auction system. I don't care if it takes some time, it gives you time to prepare. Auction is/was part of war strategies.
If you wait for War to start in order to start preparing for it you are just too-little-too-late.

Moreover, do you think it is fair for people who enter War prepared to lose a whole week (maybe more) of their real-lives waiting for others to do so while they could had done so since Trials (or even earlier)? ::)

I mean no offence; just my 2 :electrum...

As i mentioned, i consider the auction as part of war, so it isn't lost time for me. If we take your approach... we could also cut the first few rounds of games, and lets just play war in a single round in direct elimination. We could finish it in a weekend. Probably we shouldn't even start life/gravity teams as it seems unfair to be in those teams :D

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187653#msg1187653
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2015, 06:42:31 am »
* Your "direct elimination" approach is interesting for some events. After all, Weekly Tournies are based on it (lose a bo3 and you're out, except if you wish to fight for 3rd place or something). I wouldn't mind a super-fast War either tbh.
* Auction lacks action and, because of this, it is boring. Actually, it is both long and boring...
* Heh, you can believe whatever you like but :gravity and :life will surely own War #9! AdrenaChargers ftw!! :P
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187658#msg1187658
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2015, 07:37:11 am »
 :gravity maybe 
 :life the rules need change a lot of things in favor of life, to life be alive :P
 I really admire players who play war with life believing that life have chances of win
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187660#msg1187660
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2015, 08:10:46 am »
 :life the rules need change a lot of things in favor of life, to life be alive :P
 I really admire players who play war with life believing that life have chances of win
yea... well... fire didnt go well last war! :'(

* dawn to dusk runs off

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187672#msg1187672
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2015, 12:57:33 pm »
yea... well... fire didnt go well last war! :'(

* dawn to dusk runs off

@dawn: Keep your ground and defend :life with your own :life instead of running away. :P

@vang: You may be a forum buddy of mine, but seriously dude, before teaching War meta to others do the slightest effort to actually lead your team to War instead of having yourself replaced... :P
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187705#msg1187705
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2015, 05:13:18 pm »
Naah ... I have participated in two wars, it is enough to know what life can do there, also I can take any team to war,  less fire or aether, because I'm not a coward and I don't like to win with absurd advantages vs another teams. Put deuce or Root in life to you see what happens...
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187713#msg1187713
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Naah ... I have participated in two wars, it is enough to know what life can do there, also I can take any team to war,  less fire or aether, because I'm not a coward and I don't like to win with absurd advantages vs another teams. Put deuce or Root in life to you see what happens...

Fair enough... :)

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #8 - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55620.msg1187725#msg1187725
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »
* Your "direct elimination" approach is interesting for some events. After all, Weekly Tournies are based on it (lose a bo3 and you're out, except if you wish to fight for 3rd place or something). I wouldn't mind a super-fast War either tbh.
* Auction lacks action and, because of this, it is boring. Actually, it is both long and boring...
* Heh, you can believe whatever you like but :gravity and :life will surely own War #9! AdrenaChargers ftw!! :P

Heh. I didn't expect you would (almost) embrace direct elimination. I actually like long events. A single fault in such long events won't lead to defeat, while in tourneys, it is usually a single game that kills you.
Hopefully, the shards will even the playing field a bit, or at least change the meta to be less used to.

anything
blarg: