*Author

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303899#msg1303899
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 03:25:01 am »
Otherways, I'd like to ask everyone that pls do not turn this event into Mafia.

If not understandable Link and me sorta wasted our proper EC choice because of www's shenanigans.
Must also add that this EC favored all cards, and hated one: Nova.

I do not understand. You mean like people increasing card price so other people have difficulty using it? I thought that was the point of this EC.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303900#msg1303900
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 03:32:12 am »
You couldn't decrease the price for other cards. If you chose Dim Shield, you just got -1.5 for unupped and -1 for upped.
Choosing yourself: helping yourself. Someone else chooses this, too: it just gets nullified, normal mods, no loss, no gain.

If you chose Nova, well it isn't really helping yourself. It helps SNova, ok, but SNovabows are rarely played. Bows played
in war are 95% novabows. Which means you can't help Nova, you can only hinder Nova.

www said he will choose Nova to instigate teams which frequently uses Nova to choose Nova, thus we lost the opportunity
to use this EC meaningfully. We were locked to choose Nova - if we wanted to save it from the atrocity.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303901#msg1303901
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 03:43:18 am »
Wait what?  :life choosing nova is basically the same as www3 choosing nova so idk what the problem is here? Unless you were banking on www3 + exactly one other team choosing nova in which case you wanted to be the third team to choose nova to make sure it DOES get swapped. In which case, that might be the biggest gamble ever and you can't possible get mad from making such a gamble.

And if your intended goal was to keep nova the same and you're just upset that you had to also pick nova to keep it the same, then getting upset over that is just telegraphing to all the other teams that your decks this round need normal costed unupped nova in it. Which means you just hurt yourself even more.

Wyand's mindgating score = Noob/10 (which unbelievably is still higher than team :life who actually fell for www3's most see through plan of the century)

EDIT:
Actually I realized that :life probably wanted to keep nova the same also which means they're probably happy overall but that means both :entropy and :life fell for www3's trap. Which is actually hilarious that his plan worked. You all know I'm the only one here with the guts to actually post any of my real plans publicly. Like holy cow, you two have reached a new level of noob. I never thought I'd see the day that worldwidenoob actually succeeded in a plan.

Also time picking SoR is sooooooooooooo basic. Didn't even try to throw anyone off. Just playing the same old predictable decks they always do but making them as efficient as possible. Efficient decks don't beat hard counters no matter how hard you try but keep at it.

At least :aether picked a good in-element card. Because there's a real chance they play 0 dim shields this round. But discounted dim shields is also OP and everyone is scared of them. That's a good example of EC usage. Everyone else played themselves. Also light picking immo has gotta be a troll especially since we're facing them this round. Congrats :light 200 IQ play right there.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 03:49:12 am by shockcannon »
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303902#msg1303902
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 05:05:40 am »
Hey shock, cool opinions and analysis and all, but could you be less of a dick? Be pretty cool if you were less of a dick. I don't know or care if it's a schtick.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303903#msg1303903
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 10:15:16 am »
It's okay Shock we'll just play NT again and bank on you getting unlucky draws

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303904#msg1303904
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 10:36:54 am »
That's what I'm talking about, shock. This sort of trickery is for Mafia. I'm not here to play Mafia. I'm ok with deck choice trickery,
that's part of the game, but telling publicly smth about your choice when it is posted in the rules that you must post it secretly,
then choosing something else, this is such a dick move, that I'm sorry I'm not a WM...

Btw I don't mind "telegraphing" stuff about Nova. Ppl always expect :entropy to play Nova, nothing new happened.
It is almost the same stuff :aether choosing Dims - except they were able to boost their op-est card, meanwhile we had to
save it from a troll.

Hey shock, cool opinions and analysis and all, but could you be less of a dick? Be pretty cool if you were less of a dick. I don't know or care if it's a schtick.

Ah, just don't care about it Nae. Shock is the prime example of a herbivore who poses as a predator to try to scare off others.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:39:08 am by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303905#msg1303905
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2020, 10:42:42 am »
w3's post did not influence my choice.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303906#msg1303906
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 10:51:25 am »
lol at shock saying aether choosing dims is not basic (also he really did help the team that didnt need more help after all)
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: War #14 - Round 5 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68132.msg1303907#msg1303907
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 02:48:19 pm »
??

So let me get this straight, Wyand's mad that www3 was saying nothing true, the guy who will always go on about wanting to draw cards that aren't in his deck as if they are

Then I can't tell whether he's glad or not that Nova pick was nullified. Because if he's glad it was nullified.. that's his result. & if he's not.. are we really suggesting :entropy prefers Nova at -0.5 as opposed to a -0.5 SN?? Because saying "war bows use Nova" doesn't make much sense when that wouldn't be the case if SN was -0.5

I don't know, seems to me Wyand should be thanking www3 for calling Linkcat's play

Anyways usual Wyand overthinking things. If you really believed others would be targetting Nova, then you should've just picked a random card like BH or EQ & let whatever happens with Nova happen

tl;dr this qq is delicious

anything
blarg: