*Author

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284771#msg1284771
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2019, 08:19:50 am »
Whats wrong with gdocs? they make it easier for WMs to check stuff. It doesnt mean you should rely on google docs to show a deck is legal or not. Read rules, follow rules, just like you do in any other event, and you will be fine. Simple.

To support my point of view, I say that we put way to many trust to gdocs. I find gdocs to be quite buggy to be honest while posting to a secret section within the forums is not buggy at all. Since we have gdocs we are forced to use them; can I just post my deck to the Team Light secret section for example? I can't, because it won't even matter (it has to be in the gdocs for it to count). WMs do an excellent job trying to satisfy everyone but I honestly believe that (at least at this war) gdocs are more of a burden than of a help in many cases.

Another reason I dislike gdocs is because of security reasons, but I will stop the discussion right here...

Finally, aesthetically, I like the forums' secret sections much better than the gdocs but that is a completely personal taste.

Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284772#msg1284772
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:56 am »
Whats wrong with gdocs? they make it easier for WMs to check stuff. It doesnt mean you should rely on google docs to show a deck is legal or not. Read rules, follow rules, just like you do in any other event, and you will be fine. Simple.

To support my point of view, I say that we put way to many trust to gdocs. I find gdocs to be quite buggy to be honest while posting to a secret section within the forums is not buggy at all. Since we have gdocs we are forced to use them; can I just post my deck to the Team Light secret section for example? I can't, because it won't even matter (it has to be in the gdocs for it to count). WMs do an excellent job trying to satisfy everyone but I honestly believe that (at least at this war) gdocs are more of a burden than of a help in many cases.

Another reason I dislike gdocs is because of security reasons, but I will stop the discussion right here...

Finally, aesthetically, I like the forums' secret sections much better than the gdocs but that is a completely personal taste.

You can make gdocs private to only your team.
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284773#msg1284773
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2019, 08:45:33 am »
You can make gdocs private to only your team.

This is not what I meant with security issues; it has to do with an incident during War 8. I don't believe any more that Higs cheated back then but that incident still has marked me, so I don't trust Gdocs security anymore...

You can also make forum sections private to only your team too iirc.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284774#msg1284774
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2019, 08:50:57 am »
Thats precisely what w3s point addresses. In war 8 supposedly secret sections were accessed (so thats a nono for your preference) and through it the gdoc was accessed since back then all you needed to access was the link that was in your 'secure' secret section. With email protection someone trying the same thing will just get a message that they should request access from the owners rather than see the vault.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284776#msg1284776
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 09:00:05 am »
Thats precisely what w3s point addresses. In war 8 supposedly secret sections were accessed (so thats a nono for your preference) and through it the gdoc was accessed since back then all you needed to access was the link that was in your 'secure' secret section. With email protection someone trying the same thing will just get a message that they should request access from the owners rather than see the vault.

I think I understand. Using gdocs for more security is good (though I still think there may be security issues). Thank you very much.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284800#msg1284800
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2019, 08:23:37 pm »
I noticed that from the matches where we have more than 6 salvage, the cards we can transmute from does not scale? I figured that if your salvage is 9 cards, you may transmute from 9 cards.

Offline mathman101Topic starter

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284817#msg1284817
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2019, 04:06:43 am »
I noticed that from the matches where we have more than 6 salvage, the cards we can transmute from does not scale? I figured that if your salvage is 9 cards, you may transmute from 9 cards.

It looks like the code is pulling off of the wrong cells. This should be fixed now.
something....something....something.....

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284858#msg1284858
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2019, 03:47:24 pm »
Sometimes I believe we should return to the old-fashioned way of War and get rid of these annoying Google Docs. Do you guys remember the days when we had to post all of our decks into our secret section and checked by ourselves if they were legal? Yeah, memories...

It might seem simpler to you, but it wouldn't be simpler to the WMs who'd have to check 48 decks by hand and handle SDPT for another 48.

I am a Brawlmaster (one of the 3 major events in the forum) and never complained about the hard work I have to do. We have to check decks there too, as well as card ideas, art, writing etc. I know war is a more complicated event, but still...

I'm not saying WMs will complain - they're great people who will cope with the workload perhaps. But the strain on them will increase, leaving less time for them to do important stuff and maybe affecting their decisions. I've served as both BM and WM and even if managing Brawl requires work, it isn't anywhere as involved as managing war.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284861#msg1284861
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2019, 05:05:51 pm »

It looks like the code is pulling off of the wrong cells. This should be fixed now.
# Transmute (B21) still shows (6 - G12) > 0 inside the formula: 6 minus the number of salvaged cards. This part likely needs to be (C12 - G12) > 0
Otherwise you are not allowed to transmute if you salvage 6 cards.
Number of transmutable cards does display correctly when salvaging less than 6 cards.

Offline mathman101Topic starter

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284862#msg1284862
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2019, 05:31:02 pm »

# Transmute (B21) still shows (6 - G12) > 0 inside the formula: 6 minus the number of salvaged cards. This part likely needs to be (C12 - G12) > 0
Number of transmutable cards does display correctly when salvaging less than 6 cards.

I see what you are saying now, I caught the mixup in part of the code, and missed it in another.

originally was this: =If((6-G12)>0,IF(J$11>ROW(B22)-21,6-G12,""),"")
I changed it to this: =If((6-G12)>0,IF(J$11>ROW(B22)-21,C12-G12,""),"")
but should be this: =If((C12-G12)>0,IF(J$11>ROW(B22)-21,C12-G12,""),"")

Should be fixed now, but if this still isn't working right please let me know and I'll try again.
something....something....something.....

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284863#msg1284863
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2019, 05:47:15 pm »

I see what you are saying now, I caught the mixup in part of the code, and missed it in another.

Should be fixed now, but if this still isn't working right please let me know and I'll try again.
Works now, thanks.

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284866#msg1284866
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »

@WMs - Team Earth's vault is experiencing a similar issue.  Please Help!

blarg: