*Author

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284056#msg1284056
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:27 pm »
The vault is telling me incorrect number of players. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284058#msg1284058
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 08:15:33 pm »
Same here. I believe it is due to the fact that most teams consist of 3 players, but there is a so-called Player 4, since there is 4 matches/round.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline mathman101Topic starter

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284059#msg1284059
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 09:04:26 pm »
its a bit odd that the second cell now does nothing, kind of confusing for the teams that have already put lt before the update

We apologize for the delays in getting the updates applied. For this round only if teams already had decks in place we will account for it in the confusion.

The vault is telling me incorrect number of players. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Same here. I believe it is due to the fact that most teams consist of 3 players, but there is a so-called Player 4, since there is 4 matches/round.

This should be fixed for all teams now. There was an error in cell b44 for some teams not correctly reading the number of players.
something....something....something.....

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284062#msg1284062
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 10:19:05 pm »
If you are using the current EC club bonus, chess club, the gdoc might say you have too many upgrades and mark it as illegal. We are currently looking into fixing that, but for now best advice we can offer is double and triple check the upgrade amounts. our apologies for the delays.

The chess club upgrades have been applied to all gdocs for the teams that have already selected their boost. If teams still wish to change(allowable up to deadline), please let us know if you want the chess club or are switching off of chess club so we can appropriately adjust the upgrade amounts in the gdoc.

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284065#msg1284065
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 11:44:27 pm »
I need some assistance from someone with gdoc knowledge. (Zawa again maybe?)

I noticed that tinkerer is reporting illegal decks for not enough in-element upgrades. Looking at the decks the upgrades are on the pends which count as in-element, thus also count as in-element ups. Not sure if this could be related to the chess groups upgrade or something else.

Thanks for any advice so I can fix this properly for all teams.

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284243#msg1284243
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 06:51:56 pm »
i can't edit most of cells for transumation/salvage, am i supposed to wait for the deadline of the matches or am i noob with gdocs?

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284253#msg1284253
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
i can't edit most of cells for transumation/salvage, am i supposed to wait for the deadline of the matches or am i noob with gdocs?

These should not be editable yet. They will become editable at the end of the round once WMs edit the match results into the gdocs.

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284366#msg1284366
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2019, 05:10:17 am »
Someone mentioned that the transmutations is currently showing incorrect dust amounts, we are looking into the coding for that.

Also someone mentioned that vault discards vs deck discards is not splitting properly based on the extra 1 or 2  discards for a 0-3 and 1-3 loss. We are also looking into this.

Please be aware of these issues going forward in the near future, and we will alert you when we have a fix for them.

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284448#msg1284448
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 05:24:45 am »

its a bit odd that the second cell now does nothing, kind of confusing for the teams that have already put lt before the update

Second cell where?

I need some assistance from someone with gdoc knowledge. (Zawa again maybe?)

I noticed that tinkerer is reporting illegal decks for not enough in-element upgrades. Looking at the decks the upgrades are on the pends which count as in-element, thus also count as in-element ups. Not sure if this could be related to the chess groups upgrade or something else.

Thanks for any advice so I can fix this properly for all teams.

The code is there for adding in these as in-element upps, but someone wiped it from the code (who could it be?? hmm???). You can add it back in if you replace preparation with:

=IF(LEN($D35)>0,IF(C35="Yes","-",IF(OR(I35+IF(DB!M40=DB!M$34,10%,0)<50%,H35>B$45,G35-INDEX(GO11:HA11,1,TeamIndex+1)-IF(DB!M40=DB!M$32,sum(HC2:HN2)-INDEX(HC2:HN2,1,TeamIndex),0)  >G35-4,AND(DB!M40=DB!M$32,NOT(RIGHT(D35,3)=INDEX(GO$1:HA$1,1,TeamIndex+1)))),1,0)),"")

The new term is the "-IF(DB!M40=DB!M$32,sum(HC2:HN2)-INDEX(HC2:HN2,1,TeamIndex),0)", which removes the off-element pends from off-element upps if tinkerer.

Someone mentioned that the transmutations is currently showing incorrect dust amounts, we are looking into the coding for that.

This is a bit long-winded, but it's simple enough to fix.

The transmute dust costs are listed in the sheet DB, but they are pulled from a sheet titled TransmuteCosts in the vault. This sheet in turn pulls from a sheet (Copy of Cards Algo) which contains a copy of the final market prices. You also have to define a named range "Costs", which should be 'Market Prices (by Category)'!B1:D200  (needed as sheet names with spaces tends to mess up the code). The just change the sheet link like this in A1 of TransmuteCosts:

=IMPORTRANGE("Sheet_link_here","Costs")

Also someone mentioned that vault discards vs deck discards is not splitting properly based on the extra 1 or 2  discards for a 0-3 and 1-3 loss. We are also looking into this.

There are columns in the Preparation sheet, one for total discards and one for vault discards. Editing those as needed should work out here.

Also, don't forget to update the Preparation-template (and the other hidden sheets) as they will replace the main sheet when round updates. And I turned on notifications for this thread, so maybe faster updates in the future? If I can be less busy, I guess.

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284450#msg1284450
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 09:30:59 am »
Sometimes I believe we should return to the old-fashioned way of War and get rid of these annoying Google Docs. Do you guys remember the days when we had to post all of our decks into our secret section and checked by ourselves if they were legal? Yeah, memories...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284455#msg1284455
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 11:31:14 am »
Do you remember the number of penalties handed out on a regular basis for doing it wrong?
Lux Kyrie

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #12 - Google Sheets Errors https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66570.msg1284456#msg1284456
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 11:56:07 am »
Do you remember the number of penalties handed out on a regular basis for doing it wrong?

Lol, yeah. But I think we have much greater experience these days and we would avoid such issues.

On a side note, I don't try to show disrespect to WMs and all their hard work; I just personally don't like and don't trust GDocs much...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

anything
blarg: