*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271702#msg1271702
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:53:44 pm »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Time to explain and complain over your inhumane pain and your insane brain.

War #11 - Voices of the Fallen

This topic is for teams to discuss why they lost and educate people in future wars so they don't make similar mistakes. It is also for people still in war and people outside of war to console fallen teams.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271706#msg1271706
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 05:58:18 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Here we are again. Fighting desperately once more. Pushed to the edge of a cliff with nowhere to run. There wasn't much faith placed in me in this time... But I pretty much blasted it all away again. All I can do now is to keep fighting. Keep pushing on. But... sometimes blindly fighting on isn't enough, is it?

I prepare what's left of us for the final stand. Just ready to charge when... It hit me. Not a thought or a new idea. But, literally, it hit me.

A huge explosion from behind, it seems. The debris batters against me as I watch helplessly as my team gets slaughtered. Slaughtered, by my own, inept hands.

Today, I wasn't good enough. Today, I left them down - The victory I dreamed of seems lost to the wind.

Today the show is over. The world ends. The cities grow grey. I couldn't even survive long enough to fathom the victor. Unfortunate, and shameful.

Today our armies were defeated. Young and full of hope they were. All turned to dust.

Today I walk alone, to witness the end. The pain of my own defeat shames me, and I know this is my fault, and I bear the consequences. What I did wasn't enough, not for me. Not for my comrades.

Today I rest in dejection, holding my pistol up high - or at least, I would, have someone not knocked it off my hands.

"Any last words?"

I heard this before. Always mocking me. Always lingering whenever I'm pushed to the brink. I think he expected as much what I'm going to do next, but... I guess, I could have some fun before I destroy my reality of this world. After all... I might not even know if I'll get to be the one to experience the new one. I'd have to make a separate fight for that, to prove my worth again.

Hah, worth. Probably lost most of it at this point; it would definitely be an uphill battle.

I face my would-be killer and grin.

"Last words...? These words..."

Patting his shoulder, I turned around and run towards the abyss.

"Won't be my last!" I yelled, taking the leap of faith to my apparent doom. I knew better. We all knew better. But could they do anything about it? Fortunately not. Maybe the people in the next timeline going for my title could. But for now...

*THUD*

I'll let the cold hands of time... return me from death, to fight for the world where we prevail.

So, ded. Didn't see that coming. Turns out, joining war on a whim and joining as Gen on a whim was a stupid idea, especially with a deathly term with project after project, plus I guess the early rounds and fucking up the vault, fucking up the plays and fucking up the deckbuilding sometimes really took a sledgehammer to willpower too. I wasn't prepared. But at least now I know better, I guess? I really played it pretty fucking safe this time, and for better or worse. Stick to what works rather than build some jank that doesn't and get shit on for it, doesn't it? But obviously, didn't work out. *scribbles on notepad*. I know there I can do better, and that War prep starts wayy before the start of war for someone inexperienced like me.

I got me some people that I really enjoy working with (and they WERE a pleasure to work with) but... erm, unfortunately, I also had a bit of an ego to choose not to get people who were really able to help cover my own bases (ie. shortcomings.) People like DANI certainly did but I thought I didn't want to be "carried" per se. While it did make the whole experience rather more enriching to try to steer the whole thing myself, obviously the-err, ranking suffered for sure.

And by extension, I guess I apologise to my team for not being able to give the War experience that I'd have liked to give them. I'm glad you had fun in the face of my shitty piloting but you know, I always thought I could have done better. And now I know. I'll make it up to you some day, I promise...

And to those who had faith in me... I'm sorry I let you down.

Once I'm ready and recovered from this mess... both here in War and in real life, I'll be back to prepare and retrace some things. See where I can do better. Be more prepared, essentially. Ask for advice. But right now I feel so drained mentally. I didn't know it would take such a damn toll, I don't know why...

Maybe it's time to return to my roots a little. As I said, I'll gander around at what I do best, revive the forum games section after finals. Honestly, I realised I think after all this while... I found my calling. I enjoyed writing and being someone else. Had a lot of fun doing that, funny enough. Oh well - I do have places now to scratch that lil itch of mine.

I know for sure my reputation is going to suffer for this. Especially in the MoT department. And why wouldn't it? Worst performance of the team to date! I won't fault anyone for thinking that way... I deserve the hate anyway. I'm just going to find the way to redeem myself. I'll still try to retake the title if time permits, be a bit selfish for just that... I heard kae found his calling with Time and might do the Trials too. I'm glad to hear that :) Another fellow Time enthusiast at heart, hmm? Good luck to you man... I got a lot of work to do to give you a decent challenge too. I know that the prize isn't worth fighting for... if there's no fight, and thus I welcome your challenge. You did great with your own War team.

I'm going to :time out for a bit now though - finals soon, so I won't be here as often. I hope one day I'll be able to do something again that is worthy of being proud for. ^^
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:09:11 am by DoubleCapitals »
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271742#msg1271742
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:44:29 am »
Spoiler for we have fallen:

Whelp with our stunning 0-4 performance this round I think we have earned a spot with the fallen in the 11th placeholder.

We did the best we could so I have no complaints of my team as that was what I asked of them, to just do their best. RL got in the way for a few of us, so testing and planning was slim the last few rounds, but I wouldn't ask anyone to put a game before RL.
Thanks Aves, kdz, and Zyar for the work you each put in.

Not sure what else to "explain and complain" about regarding my "inhumane pain and...insane brain", but I might come back and edit this if I think of anything else.
something....something....something.....

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271765#msg1271765
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:42:38 pm »
Spoiler for we have fallen:

Whelp with our stunning 0-4 performance this round I think we have earned a spot with the fallen in the 11th placeholder.

We did the best we could so I have no complaints of my team as that was what I asked of them, to just do their best. RL got in the way for a few of us, so testing and planning was slim the last few rounds, but I wouldn't ask anyone to put a game before RL.
Thanks Aves, kdz, and Zyar for the work you each put in.

Not sure what else to "explain and complain" about regarding my "inhumane pain and...insane brain", but I might come back and edit this if I think of anything else.

I... am disappointed in myself mostly for not being able to do everything I could. It was a good war, if short, but I had a lot of fun and I hope my team did too. Ggs fellas, see you next war.
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271778#msg1271778
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:04:48 pm »
I would like to apologize to my teammates and, especially, my general. I thought I would have had the free time to work hard this War and to aid an element like :light to reveal its inner strength, but it turned out that joey had to do almost everything by himself without my aid most of the time. That said (and after having participated in team :light two Wars in a row) I can see that market prices hurt :light more than they should. I don't try to say that the market pricing system is bad, I try to say that it may needs some tweaking. I understand the high prices of Sanctuary and Miracle (they are just too powerful) but the rest of :light cards should cost a little less than they do (something small like 5-10 less market prices would do imo). RNG also seem to hate :light a lot (so many 2-3 defeats, so many early generals to face). That said, this is not an excuse for my poor performance and poor deckbuilding choices I made in some rounds...

* ji412jo: Thanks for coming back to complete War. I know you did this for us (your teammates) and thanks for being a fine general though the whole event (I don't care about neither the results nor what other people may say against you). It was an honor working with you and I hope to see you at Forum Brawl (either as an expert panel member or as a participant). :)

* theelkspeaks: I hope you get over your real-life problems soon enough. See you next War (or Brawl), buddy. ;)

* darklacerta: I hadn't the chance to know you better, but thanks for trying your best and playing most of your matches. Hope to see you next War too! :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1271871#msg1271871
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 03:56:29 am »
RIP Light
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272023#msg1272023
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 02:58:16 am »
I'm sorry to say it, but I'm happy Earth got eliminated.  This war was quite miserable, for several reasons.  There's the usual blah blah RNG, where we had a few nearly sure wins lost (6 reverse times losing to grabbow...) but that's not anybody's fault, and while it contributed to our loss, it's not really what I want to say.

1) I got to play 2 out of 7 of my matches, and sub for 2 more.  Why?  Because nobody is left in War in North American timezones.  My entire team was 6-8 hours east of me, as were all my opponents, so I could only play matches on the weekends.  This didn't make War fun.  I had a good team and I stand by them 100%, but I joined War to play matches, not get subbed for.  A similar problem exists for tournaments; most of the best NA timezones for tourneys were deleted, and I haven't been to a tournament in months, not because I quit them, but because they're at 3am or 4am or 6am or else Saturday evening when I'm normally out.

2) Many of the event cards were worded extremely poorly.  They had to be read, and read, and read again.  Even then, we had no idea what they said.  We discussed and asked in chat, and we still often didn't know.

3) Two of the event cards (rounds 5 and 7) had tiny microscopic 1 point font timers several pages down from the main page, where they were easily missed.  Furthermore, even if we hadn't missed them, due to the timezone problem above, we still didn't have any time to do anything about them, because the only time our team could meet was Saturdays, and by then, the event cards had portions of them expired.  When it takes a minimum of two days to send a back and forth PM between teammates, because I send one after work, and they send one when they wake up, and I get my first chance to read it after work the next day, when I then send a reply, well, it's pretty obvious only a chatroom is going to get anything done, and by then, it's too late for the event cards.

4) Information regarding how to use some of the more complex actions in War was not explained properly, or had contradictory explanations.  deuce22 asked me after our match why we didn't send "The Immortal" as our deck, to which I responded that it lost last round and was discarded.  He asked why we didn't save it with discard tokens and I told him we didn't have any from the previous event cards due to the above mentioned problems, and that we only got some this round that we hoped to use in round 8 if we made it there.  He said that they could have been used in round 7, which contradicts what we were told and read, and apparently their team WAS allowed to use round 7 discard tokens for round 7.  I have no idea how this happened, but the event cards and rules surrounding some of the more unusual features, like side matches, discard tokens, and so on would have made a technical writer commit suicide in embarrassment.

Anyway, so yeah, I don't care that we lost; stuff happens.  I do care that War was (again) managed so poorly.  I will not be participating in War #12.  If I'm not having fun, what's the point?  I shouldn't need to get people in chat to help translate broken English explanations or muddle through an event card that makes quantum electrodynamics look simple, and I'd like to actually be able to play some matches in my time zone for once.

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272024#msg1272024
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:59:08 am »
For the time zone thing could you switch games with somebody else in your team who is fighting someone in a better time zone and both sub for each other?

Offline RapidStar_

• Reputation Power: 5
  • RapidStar_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I farm electrum at work
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272386#msg1272386
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 02:52:03 am »
Rest in peace  :fire

Honestly, a kinda crazy and bad war for fire... I was quite lazy this war, so sorry about that guys. I think next war there should be a few changes in terms of rules and depending on how many people sign up next year, I'm sure there will definitely be changes anyway. Definitely need some new cards in each element but that is something that can't be changed so no point complaining :(. In terms of vaultbuilding and deckbuilding, I think we were fine. Team mates were all good too, thanks for being a part of fire :D. Quite a few unfortunate losses by going 2-3... But that always happens.

For other teams, life has been a huge surprise for everyone I think. We have lost most if not all games to life, so that is a killer. Water did very well last year, and are continuing to do this war, so well played to them also. In most of our encounters, water put us out ha...

I don't have much else to say, just that I did not expect us to be eliminated this early. Good luck remaining teams.

~ :fire out

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272412#msg1272412
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:15 pm »
RIP

Depending how Zawa intends to interpret rules we may not be out (below 50 cards but enough sg relics to get the discard tokens to live), but I'm gonna act like we were, theres no point in continuing after this.
We finally stay true to our element. Guess I could still leave an impression given the terrible rankings of death in the past and given that I brought a new deck into the meta (that remained completely undefeated too).
I'm kinda glad this is over, I had to do to a lot of stuff myself and rng really didnt favour us.

As always, first the team.

DANIEELA - Well to be fair, nobody was expecting much from you. I gotta say towards the end you actually became somewhat usefull, staying up for some testing and actually engaging in the discussion as to what decks our opponents might use. In most of the rounds you just posted a deck with little reasoning that usually wouldn't have worked out, I believe I actually saw decent improvement in the last 2-3 rounds though (I think I made a bad call somewhere there where your deck would have worked even).

blrawen - You were the chosen one! You were supposed to actually engage in metadiscussion and deckbuilding, not go AWOL! If you actually did anything of substance at all this would probably have been much more enjoyable.

Patient666158 - You were ok I guess. You werent much use in deckbuilding, but noone expected you to. Also timezones were a problem and it would have been nice if you made sure to get a time for your match sooner and perhaps even inform us about it. However, you listened to advice on how to play your decks and from what I saw you didn't forget about it in the actual matches  :)

Mistakes:
- Vault: Quite a lot actually; I should have stuck to my original plan of getting 24 mummies and ~100 foddercards, insisting on keeping certain decks in made that impossible. The firebolt deck should have never made the cut and we probably could have lasted 2 more rounds for that mistake alone. Instead we had like 30 fodder cards, and thats  counting plague and skullbuckler, which we actually used.
            I actually should have put in more copies of rtmummies and dial stall and used dialstall sooner, I originally thought those 2 would be niche decks, but as it turns out they are the only generally good decks (not like deflag splash or firebolt which only work if the opponent does use shields ) that can actually deal with the damn dims and puri combo. Having 2 copies of those decks would have helped a ton in several rounds.
            I think we went a little overboard with several expensive cards that we normally wouldnt discard unless forced to like bw, arsenic and poison (the latter mostly because everyone runs puri so it cant be used as much)

- I think I made gamelosing missplays at a few points.

- Several situations where I was torn between 2 decks and chose the deck that peforms worse vs the deck we ended up against.

Spoiler for Salt compilation:

Spoiler for really close matches that we should have won some of through rng:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-1-246/(earth-gen)-blacksmith-3-1-patient-(death-general)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-2-247/(time-lt-)-(sub)-naii_the_baf-3-2-blrawen-(death-buccaneer)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-4-249/(fire-gen)-worldwideweb3-3-0-blrawen-(death-lt-)-(subbed-by-patient)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-5-250/(air-lt)-probacon-(sub)-3-2-blrawen-(death-lt)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-6/(water-lieutenant)-solaris-3-1-kaempfer13-(death-alchemist)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-7/(entropy-gen-)-iancudorinmarian-3-2-kaempfer13-(death-lt-)/ meh, fine perhaps this is wrong here with only 11 quanta sources, but it got really close
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-7/(life-liutentant)-vangelios-(sub-manu)-3-2-patient666158-(death-salvage)/ yh ok that wouldnt normally win, but still it was a 2-3
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-8/(aether-upgrades)-theonlyrealbeef-3-1-(death-salvage)-(sub)-patient666158/ I prepared for stall, the mindgate version didnt work out in the 2 testmatches I played, I used dials differently there however, didnt realize the stall would win by damage. Without mindgates its an easy matchup, with them I still think we were favoured, but tough call. Was going to put it in real bad beats, but perhaps my testing just didnt inform me well about how threatening mindgates are. If someone wants to test it, its quite fun to play if you dont have a war to lose. You really need to know what you are doing though.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-8/(life-upgrades)-spielkind-3-1-kaempfer13-(death-lt-)/ ok purify turned this from 70%winrate to sth below 50% it but it could still be won, even a game where puri was drawn.

Spoiler for Bad choice me:
Some of these have been mentioned above as they became close rather than being a near guaranteed win.
This only mentions those losses which we would have won if I had chosen one of the decks we closely considered, everything not mentioned in this salt spoiler we just lost fair and square.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-2-247/(time-lt-)-(sub)-naii_the_baf-3-2-blrawen-(death-buccaneer)/ poisonous mummies (with wall) eats it for breakfast. thought it might be to obvious, I may have actually used the deck here if I hadnt had discussed it with Dani and she strongly expected them to expect it, but hey its on me I did agree eventually.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-3-248/(air-lt)-phoenix1211-3-0-(death-lt)-kaempfer13/ this might not belong here, as I didnt test this one properly and thought the deck we used would beat all rushy decks, but rtmummies would have worked, which I considered very briefly (I didnt know it beats darkdom back then though, thought it close).

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-4-249/(life-sideboard)-vangelios-3-0-kaempfer13-(death-alchemist)/ I saw frogtal coming, but darkdom went vs fire already and I didnt have the opportunity to properly test whether this deck would work or we had a better counter.

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-4-249/(fire-gen)-worldwideweb3-3-0-blrawen-(death-lt-)-(subbed-by-patient)/ I thought they would use their only counter to rt mummies here, fractix. Rt-mummies would have worked and I strongly debated it, since it even has a small chance of beating fractix with dims (and certainly without dims and lobo).

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-5-250/(aether-lieutenant)-theonlyrealbeef-3-0-(death-general)-danieela/ I considered deflagsplash here, which definitely would have been closer, though it might not be enough

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-7/(entropy-gen-)-iancudorinmarian-3-2-kaempfer13-(death-lt-)/ I considered stall here and it would have worked (I think, sofo messes with it quite a bit, but i dont think it has enough consistent damage for 2 sofo to be enough, though its just enough to deal with all sancs...).

All of round 8, the respective mods for stall i had in mind would have worked vs each opponent. Not really a bad choice since the one it went against it was perfectly reasonable against and we didnt have more copies of it and with that rng it doesnt even matter anyway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:36:29 pm by kaempfer13 »
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272414#msg1272414
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »
DANIEELA
Spoiler for Hidden:

Kaempfer
Spoiler for Hidden:

Patient
Spoiler for Hidden:

Blrawen
Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:22:01 pm by DANIEELA »
NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: War #11 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65394.msg1272425#msg1272425
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 12:59:33 am »
Depending how Zawa intends to interpret rules we may not be out (below 50 cards but enough sg relics to get the discard tokens to live), but I'm gonna act like we were, theres no point in continuing after this.

To determine number of matches, discard tokens will be considered part of vault. So if you have 70 vault size but 10 discard tokens, you are considered to be at 80 vault size and field 3 decks. SG relics are not counted directly here, but if a team which is below 50 vault size but would not be eliminated by transforming SG relics into discard tokens, they will not be eliminated but required to use those tokens to go above 50 vault count at the end of deckbuilding.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

blarg: