*Author

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg438568#msg438568
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 07:57:12 am »
Thanks, Higs, it really helps. Our winrate is 2nd, hurrah. Now, it would be interesting to see fire as winner who rarely won, but won all important battles.
I'm rooting for Fire. :P

I'm rooting also for Time, but for different reasons.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439015#msg439015
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:51 pm »
Well, huh. Is it premature to post here? I guess I'll be the first of the Final Round then.

Not much I personally would've changed, I guess. Don't remember a lot of the details, plus my first War so not a lot of comparison. Regardless, this is the farthest (in terms of number of Rounds) that Team :gravity has ever made it, so I'm satisfied. Plus, like 10 men said, we proved that while RT may still be Gravity's worst enemy, we have a dozen ways to get around it.

Former Lt. of Team Life.

I do not like seeing my team, or any team, die by inactivity.  Every sword should fight to the bitter end.  Those who don't could be deemed more worthless than those slain. 
I completely agree. In terms of advice to give, I have only this: even if you're just a member, don't be afraid to step up. If I had to pick one thing our team did right this War, it would have to be that it was a team effort from beginning to end. We never let absences or MIA's get us down, and each Round at least one of us stepped up to do more than our role required. There was a sense of cohesion and genuine willingness to do our part, and we never let drama get in the way. It may have been this particular team, but I think it's possible for every team to work just as well.

So yeah, don't complain or lose morale if things start going wrong. And don't be defined by your member role. You might be #8 on the team list but that doesn't mean you have to act like it.

Offline Bloom

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bloom is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements is like life, endless possibilities.
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439096#msg439096
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:42 am »
If I had to pick one thing our team did right this War, it would have to be that it was a team effort from beginning to end. We never let absences or MIA's get us down, and each Round at least one of us stepped up to do more than our role required. There was a sense of cohesion and genuine willingness to do our part, and we never let drama get in the way. It may have been this particular team, but I think it's possible for every team to work just as well.
I'd have to say the same about Team Air. We always had someone step up to the plate to do more than expected when other members of the team were busy. One week it was me, another BatCountry, another Legit, and so on.. I had tons of fun competing in War and I wanted to thank the Warmasters for putting together such a great event. I also want to thank DrunkDestroyer for all his hard work and dedication keeping all us little birds in check through out this journey. I hope to team up with you again DD, and good luck to the rest of the teams remaining in War.
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439296#msg439296
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 06:52:02 pm »
Well, there goes earth. We got beaten by ourselves (not beating darkness when we could) and the seeding algorithm which always gave us darkness.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439380#msg439380
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:28 pm »
My advice?

Never to give up. The craziest things can happen in war.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439494#msg439494
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 07:15:25 am »
Well, it's pretty simple to speak about gravity, we killed our vault with cards that we never used(Voodoo dolls), we misspredicted some matches(us matches vs. :aether team) and some inactivity striked us hard.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Bhlewos

• Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg439503#msg439503
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 07:52:47 am »
^Ha, I completely forgot about those Voodoos. And while I don't think it hurt us very much (just look at Round 3 and how long we lasted overall), we did have a smaller starting vault, comparatively. So, I guess, more prudence in auctioning?

Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg441621#msg441621
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 08:30:36 pm »
Air placed badly, but had things done differently, we could have won the War. (the same can be said about every single other team, but whatever)

I mean, this very last round (9), we could have been paired up against Gravity I think, with and Wings/OE deck, and then we'd be in round 10. If we had more cards at that point, ... :)

I felt that a lot of our decisions were the best we could make at the time, and only time proved us wrong. Like having an 18 in blackjack, not drawing another card, and the next person drawing a 3. Maybe there was something we missed, like the dealer taking out all cards greater than 5, I don't know. Then again, we got lucky many times, and that Round 4 Event card saved our asses (3 of 4 games won were thanks to that)

I like to think we lost because of bad luck/circumstances, but I think everyone would rather think that than know they personally had screwed up. I bet if I go back to my R3 or something, I will see lots of flawed logic and things I could have done better.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg441672#msg441672
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05:53 pm »
I think every one will change a lot of things if they can go back to the firsts rounds..
As I said elsewhere but forgot where in war and in the game in general we make choice we are likely to regret after the battle.
That's the game :)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Bhlewos

Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg441677#msg441677
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 11:27:38 pm »
Been thinking about it again, and one thing we could have done differently that could only help us would be picking an Event Card for Round 8. xD Specifically United We Stand. Wings/OE was a solid deck, better than we (and I imagine some of the opposing teams) expected, but mixing up our Vault could only have helped matters. Besides switching some cards out for BHs (which might've affected Time's deck choice for Round 10 against us), having a vault with unknown cards might've made our last two matches less predictable.

This is all mostly speculation though. We had a great match-up in Round 9 (in my mind almost a guaranteed win with the decks we had), and maybe by switching up our cards we might not've made it to the finals.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg441679#msg441679
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 11:31:02 pm »
I think you've done all good, we expected wings in round 8 (or 9 I forgot), you came with wings and we still lost to you which made us discard our last grabbow..
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

MrBlonde

Re: War #4 - Voices of the Fallen https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34336.msg441688#msg441688
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:53 pm »
I think you've done all good, we expected wings in round 8 (or 9 I forgot), you came with wings and we still lost to you which made us discard our last grabbow..
In retrospect this likely helped us since it put us at one deck for the finals and was able to pick from the options of a mono, wings, or dim/fractal deck.

blarg: