*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg432825#msg432825
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2011, 03:24:58 pm »
just to be sure my vote dont get forgotten.. theres something weird, my bet is ok as of today, but right after there is a new bet .. dated from november 24th
Fixed.  Also I just got the betting spreadsheet set up correctly for the round but it looks like you submitted using the (correct) round posting as a guide, so you're all good.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433163#msg433163
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2011, 02:50:28 am »
After submission: white screen. Wha-? And I swore I voted in round 7 as well!

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433185#msg433185
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2011, 03:54:09 am »
Do we know why the google doc has so many problems in registering submissions? Next war it might be worthwhile to try and find a different tool for betting if it's still happening, as this one seems to lose a very large number of submissions.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433195#msg433195
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2011, 04:01:24 am »
Do we know why the google doc has so many problems in registering submissions? Next war it might be worthwhile to try and find a different tool for betting if it's still happening, as this one seems to lose a very large number of submissions.
PM all your bets to someone! That way you can keep a solid proof. Only problem is, that'll make it difficult for whoever is recording all the bets.

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433346#msg433346
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2011, 03:02:27 pm »
And I swore I voted in round 7 as well!
Your bet was 31 minutes and 6 seconds late.

PM all your bets to someone! That way you can keep a solid proof. Only problem is, that'll make it difficult for whoever is recording all the bets.
PMing your buddy and then forwarding it to me "unaltered" when you experience issues is not a good solution.  Simply check your bet in the second post of this thread after you make it.  If you see it there and it looks right, your bet registered just fine.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433910#msg433910
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
LOL, solid proof. The only possible route i see is to PM kev2 with your bet, but i don't think he will be happy with the extra work.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433915#msg433915
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »
I think most people don't understand the difference between a blank white screen and a confirmation page. If you get a blank white screen after submitting your bet, hit back on your browser and resubmit. If you get the confirmation screen, check the 2nd post on this thread and you should see your entry.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433930#msg433930
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2011, 05:30:17 pm »
I think most people don't understand the difference between a blank white screen and a confirmation page. If you get a blank white screen after submitting your bet, hit back on your browser and resubmit. If you get the confirmation screen, check the 2nd post on this thread and you should see your entry.
You always need to check the list. I've got 5 blank pages in a row, but after the last one i also got listed (with the correct bet).

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg433939#msg433939
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »
About half of the rounds this war, I've had to submit multiple times to get the confirmation screen, so yeah, this is probably the issue for most people, and it also takes several minutes to submit.

Also, just want to mention that if my betting score is extremely low this round, it's because I bet for the player I thought would LOSE, not win, this round (except team time) because I'm at -10 points behind the leader, so the only way I can pass them with 15 points max available is if something very unexpected happens :p

Offline Dogg

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Dogg hides under a Cloak.
  • ~Napalm's bodyguard!
  • Awards: War #3 Winner - Team Fire
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434756#msg434756
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2011, 01:01:28 pm »
Wow, really, parasite? Really? You gonna do it like this? "I don't want to to be harsh here" parasite, but i didn't expect anything else from a guy that calls himself parasite.
Enjoy your win and i hope the prize is worth it. Hopefully you don't have to win everything in your life the same way.
Sorry to everyone else that i couldn't do this with more class.
"Let me start off by saying those were the best played matches I've had this war; Dogg is pro." - jmdt
"This is gonna suck for a WAR for me, fighting off Dogg and Napalm on one team..." - icecoldbro

parasite99

Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434816#msg434816
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »
Wow, really, parasite? Really? You gonna do it like this? "I don't want to to be harsh here" parasite, but i didn't expect anything else from a guy that calls himself parasite.
Enjoy your win and i hope the prize is worth it. Hopefully you don't have to win everything in your life the same way.
First of all, it's not my fault that all the bets are being displayed after submitted. It is tempting to check what other people have bet for a specific match. There should just be the names of the people that submitted successfully and not the exact bets imo. (If you check, I almost allways bet the last 15-30mins because I want to check what people have bet).
Second (if you want you may believe it...), I had made my mind of what to bet and wasn't sure for 3 mathes (5,8,13). After I saw your submission I decided to bet the same as you, since this was the better strategy to follow.
Third, now if we get this round completely wrong someone else may win also. (and we didn't have good results till now btw)
Also, if you thought it was lame you could pm me and we could discuss it and find a better way (like: we could both pm kevkev instead of submitting the form). no need for this drama here :(

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • War veteran
Re: War #4 - Betting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32248.msg434819#msg434819
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2011, 04:49:31 pm »
First of all, it's not my fault that all the bets are being displayed after submitted. It is tempting to check what other people have bet for a specific match. There should just be the names of the people that submitted successfully and not the exact bets imo. (If you check, I almost allways bet the last 15-30mins because I want to check what people have bet).
Second (if you want you may believe it...), I had made my mind of what to bet and wasn't sure for 3 mathes (5,8,13). After I saw your submission I decided to bet the same as you, since this was the better strategy to follow.
Third, now if we get this round completely wrong someone else may win also. (and we didn't have good results till now btw)
Also, if you thought it was lame you could pm me and we could discuss it and find a better way (like: we could both pm kevkev instead of submitting the form). no need for this drama here :(
What you do is cheating.

anything
blarg: