*Author

Scaredgirl

Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg180520#msg180520
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:15:27 pm »
You guys still have about 48 hours to make sure all 9 team members are going to participate. Now is a good time to check whether or not everyone has been online and participated in the planning. You can still replace inactive members, free of charge!

If you have an inactive member, PM me and I'll give you more details.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg180693#msg180693
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:47:28 pm »
If a player is gone, there has to be some sort of known method, preferrably an extra auction, to claim missing players.

Seems like about 10 hours ago, you and toimu randomly decided to 'sell' gocubbies1212 to team aether because icb requested him as a new member.

Then, I see that this notification came up only 4 hours ago, and now I don't get to choose gocubbies while team aether had a selection of any remaining applicant? What kind of stupid random ruling is this? You were so strict about all those deadlines and stuff in the auction and what happens after the auction is complete chaos.

I actually knew that bucky hasn't been online for a while and wondered if he was going to drop, which became true. The first on my replacement list was gocubbies, one of the toughest opponents in this CL season. Even he is pretty confused about it, as I was not given a chance to choose him as a new player for the team.

"This auction thing has been taking too long" is not an excuse. You're the one who chose the auction method, and you should've thought of these cases carefully if you were actually going to implement it. This is a big and OFFICIAL event, and therefore everything has to follow clear rules.

Also, this is different from rookie selections. Rookie selection could have been first come, first served, since all rookies are about the same anyway. I'm not gonna object to the fact that Zeru put up "Nyma is mine" post earlier than any other masters and got him.

Many of you know that I really despise aether and icb. However, that also has nothing got to do with this; I'm just pissed at the slackey attitude SG and the warmasters are showing right now.

If you're going to make up a random rule on spot, especially a positive one, at least give everyone equal chance to benefit from it. I speak for all the remaining masters/generals; I do not want to see such crappy ruling again.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Scaredgirl

Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg180862#msg180862
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:05 am »
If a player is gone, there has to be some sort of extra auction to claim missing players.

Seems like about 10 hours ago, you and toimu randomly decided to 'sell' gocubbies1212 to team aether because icb requested him as a new member.

Then, I see that this notification came up only 4 hours ago, and now I don't get to choose gocubbies while team aether had a selection of any remaining applicant? What kind of stupid random ruling is this? You were so strict about all those deadlines and stuff in the auction and what happens after the auction is complete chaos.

I actually knew that bucky hasn't been online for a while and wondered if he was going to drop, which became true. The first on my replacement list was gocubbies, one of the toughest opponents in this CL season. Even he is pretty confused about it, as I was not given a chance to choose him as a new player for the team.

"This auction thing has been taking too long" is not an excuse. You're the one who chose the auction method, and you should've thought of these cases carefully if you were actually going to implement it. This is a big and OFFICIAL event, and therefore everything has to follow clear rules.

Also, this is different from rookie selections. Rookie selection could have been first come, first served, since all rookies are about the same anyway. I'm not gonna object to the fact that Zeru put up "Nyma is mine" post earlier than any other masters and got him.

Many of you know that I really despise aether and icb. However, that also has nothing got to do with this; I'm just pissed at the slackey attitude SG and the warmasters are showing right now.

If you're going to make up a random rule on spot, especially a positive one, at least give everyone equal chance to benefit from it. I speak for all the remaining masters/generals; I do not want to see such crappy ruling again.
Ok, I don't know what your problem has been lately but I'd like to see this kind of whiny behavior to stop from someone who is supposed to be a Master and a General.

What really happened yesterday was that ICB and Toimu contacted me on chat, saying one of their team members had disappeared, and that they would like to replace him with gocubbies1212 (who had just left chat). I made sure that gocubbies1212 had indeed posted a War application, after which I put him in Team :aether.

gocubbies1212 is a Slave. He doesn't get to pick his team. Replacement players bought after the auction either join the team that is buying them, or are out of the event. Wouldn't make much sense if Slaves couldn't pick their teams during the auction, but somehow after the auction, they would have full control.

Buying these last minute replacements must be done fast because the event starts in less than 48 hours. ICB was faster than you. You were too slow. Deal with it.

Warmasters having a "slackey attitude" is not fair because neither of them was involved in this particular situation. For example I don't even think they are aware of the bucky situation because he PM'd me, not them. They weren't aware of the gocubbies1212 situation either because they weren't in chat during that time.

Me having a "slackey attitude".. well, after all the hours I've put into this project, I don't even know what to say to that. I am doing the best I can, but I'm not going to quit my day job so that I can better serve the forum needs of girlsgeneration. In this case I did actually help you by PM'ing you about bucky leaving, and you having to find a quick replacement. It's your job to make sure you have a full team, not mine, so I could have simply ignored this whole situation.

I have to say that this was very disappointing to read from someone I used to have huge respect for.

guolin

Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg181376#msg181376
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »
Okay, guys, calm down. This was a misunderstanding - GG is annoyed because there was a last minute change that impacts her strategy greatly, and she feels almost powerless. SG is annoyed because she had things under control and is smoothing things out (making last minute changes to rosters as needed), and as soon as SG sees GG complaining, she cannot help but post a more scathing reply. The fact that War is coming at top speed only amplifies the chaos of this misunderstanding. I cannot let this misunderstanding escalate, even though it is between a board admin and a Master and General. Please, both of you, calmly explain your side of the story (NO MUDSLINGING), try to perceive the situation in a different way, and don't let one argument take away your respect for each other. Arguing will only make things worse, and the whole event may soon spiral out of control if the situation worsens.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg181385#msg181385
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:43 pm »
I have to say that this was very disappointing to read from someone I used to have huge respect for.
SG, no offense here, but if your respect for someone plummets that much because of a tiff over some rules, you need to get some perspective.  In the early iterations of any complex event, there are always going to be circumstances that are outside of the rules as written, and someone is always going to be the one that suffers because the rules aren't comprehensive.  You would do well to empathize first, and counterattack second.

Respect isn't something that should be so easily overwritten by a momentary frustration.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

guolin

Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg181386#msg181386
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:20:06 pm »
SG, no offense here, but if your respect for someone plummets that much because of a tiff over some rules, you need to get some perspective.  In the early iterations of any complex event, there are always going to be circumstances that are outside of the rules as written, and someone is always going to be the one that suffers because the rules aren't comprehensive.  You would do well to empathize first, and counterattack second.

Respect isn't something that should be so easily overwritten by a momentary frustration.
I agree. I know just how tough this is for SG, and no one should expect SG to explain rules perfectly, but the way she responded to the GG's post did not help either side at all. Hence my first post.

Scaredgirl

Re: Make sure all your team members are available https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=14276.msg181595#msg181595
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:19:21 am »
I will not lower myself to respond to these comments publicly, although when reading at them, it's very difficult. I will use PM's instead.

anything
blarg: